Tiered Staking Calculator

Honestly I can’t think of a better staking strategy than this in the long term. After 2 years this strategy is super useful. The only issue would be if you do decide to sell a month it will upset the continuous staking rhythm… but thats fixable.

You should specify the time frame of the “Nash Revenue”. Took me a while to figure out if it was daily or monthly.

Good point. The way I picture it is that revenue begins at $0 on day 1 of your stake. It grows until your stake is paid out (after a month, or a specific day of your choosing). When the stake is paid out, revenue “resets” back to $0 and begins growing again until your next stake payout.

This is why a static value for revenue doesn’t really make sense, unless Nash is consistently making around that much each month. There’s no variance – it doesn’t account for bull/bear markets, events, future Nash updates, etc.

1 Like

Interesting strategy - thanks for sharing. Like you say, it is a bit of work… My gut feeling is that initial revenues will be relatively small, and token price volatility will be high. For that reason I am happy to sit out staking during month 1 until some numbers are known…

Yes, as we communicated the team expectation of volume for first three months is to close the period at about ~100MM/mo (becoming a top 100 exchange and best performing non-custodial platform). That is uncertain, and we could be both positively or negatively surprised at the end of first operating quarter. Our listings will be limited and we start with less users than established projects, our hypothesis is that only after our 2nd gen key-management system and Bitcoin trading support that we will see an accelerated increase in active users.

3 Likes

Hi @canesin . Are there plans to add more trading pairs during the first 3 months?

he said on this forum before that they will be adding trading pairs in a linear fashion with them doubling each month. so 2 month 1, 4 in month 2 , 8 in month 3 , 16 in month 4 and so on.

lets see.
first few months may be a big struggle :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Yes, tokens, ERC-20 or NEP-5.

2 Likes

Great. Thanks Fabio :blush:

1 Like

Very interesting strategy. However I do not see how much dividends I will get in total in % compared to 75% for 2 year staking my whole NEX bag. I seem to remember that dividing your Nex holdings into 24 stakes should lead to around 65%, but I can not find the calculation, it was probably only on Twitter. What about dividing it just into 12 stakes (2,4,6 months etc), what percentage would this strategy create?

OK, so I tried to calculate it on my own, based on example from your calculator (5136 Nex and Nash revenue 1 mil. ). If investor in this situation staked all his Nex for 2 years, he would have received 1848,96 (77,04 *24) , which would represent 75 %. If investor in this situation created 24 stakes (staked for 1,2,3, 4 etc months) and then restaking for 24 months, he would have received 1634,96 , which would represent around 66,3%. @pplvee is this calculation correct? Does tiered staking calculator lead to 66,3%? What about tiered calculator with only 12 stakes (2,4,6 etc). What % it would lead to?

Hello @dunco , in my personal case, I do not do the staking for generating more monthly dividends, because I am aware that there will be less profits compared to what it did for 24 months from the beginning, this strategy is designed to have the possibility of generating liquidity every month in case of a need for investment, emergency etc. : nash_n:
those who do staking for 24 months should wait that number of months without the possibility of withdrawing anything in any situation where they need money, but if that person does not need to use those funds it is much better, even so I prefer to divide everything into 24 stakes and Although I earn less dividend I have an emergency door every month. I hope I don’t need it but at least I know I have that way out. : :nash_token:

1 Like

My theorie is if you create 24 packages and stake them all in month one (23Aug) following the strategy you stake pack 1 1mnd, pack 2 2mnd pack 3 3mnd …pack 24 24 mnd ect you will have 12 packs less then 50% and 12 packs more then 50% so the first month you will have an average of ~50% dividends since every month one pack gets free you then every month stake that pack for 24mnd over and over again, this means you will get the choice of doing whatever with one pack every month, assuming you stake each pack every month 24mnd over and over again you can do this forever…

so the first 2years the dividend grows % wise every month until you reach the pack 24 from then on you have everything on 75% but still get one pack every month to decide what you do.

This system also makes sense because in the beginning the volume will be low and when the volume could start taking off you have more packs at 24mnd (75%) then when you started this system.

I will start this system asap for like 80% of my $nex tokens and keep 20% awaiting the markets to evolve. :wink:

2 Likes

Great strategy, thanks for sharing :smiley:!

Thanks for answer. I am also thinking about this strategy. However in order to decide I need to have same numbers regarding dividends. How much dividends am I losing due to this strategy? Even using this strategy I do not expect to sell anything in near future, but just having opportunity is great advantage.

I am still considering whether to go for 12 stakes (2,4,6,8 etc) or 24 stakes. Is someone else considering this strategy?

I think I’ll get 25% for 12 months (start 3 september) and 75% for 24 months. the 25% are then kept for two years and tax free for me when selling. With the 25% divested, I got my investment back at best. the rest will be held for 5-10 years. if i make 24 stakes my tax advisor kills me and i do not have much of it in the first year, because i have to pay tax on the sale. All dividends must always be taxed

1 Like

Thanks for answer. Taxes are also headache for me. So I completely understand your position. I also plan majority of my NEX to hold for 2 years. However cryptomarkets are often irrational. I can imagine a scenario, where after BTC implementation, some youtubers and cryptoinfluencers start to shill NEX and price become completely crazy and it would be pity to have all tokens locked.

Maybe I’ve misunderstood but is there a need to stagger the stake like this? Cant I just stake for 2 years and take dividends similar to how gas is claimed? As desired?

Absolutely, nothing wrong with that strategy. However, if you stake your entire stack of NEX for two years, you won’t have access to it for that entire period. What if you have an emergency and need cash? What if NEX skyrockets and you’d like to have sold some?

This method gives you ~5% of your NEX back every month to allow you this flexibility. It’s not the best option, it’s just one option.

For the record, I will be sitting on the sidelines for the first month or so. I’m curious to see how marketing progresses, how Nash spreads through social media, how the exchange performs, etc. Not worried about dividends because volume will likely be low for a while. My two cents. ¯\(ツ)

:nash_n:

1 Like