Serum - new non custodial "DEX"

Listing elrond few weeks after mainnet will give nash some advantage and will help attract a lot of new users. Nash Cash hopefully will help more and assuming eth network will not be much congested which might affect some users. A couple of tesla would be nice if revenue generated is higher with some elrond trading competition :grin:

1 Like

It wasn’t always the case … It was the most popular project in 2018 by crypto influencers and media . He was everywhere in the top 3 and very often 1st in the rankings. I think technically Nash is going in the right direction, I am sensitive to the philosophy of the team and we still have a strong community even if it has not grown much in these many months. I have the vision of a room filled with gas at the slightest spark it will explode. It’s up to you @canesin to bring this spark :boom: :bomb::flight_departure:

@CypherInvestor nobody in the team believes or has ever believed in “build it and they will come”, I don’t know were that is coming from - do you think all the exposure Nash got on mainstream and crypto media in establishing its brand and community is organic? There is a immense amount of work to do that. What I meant is that we will not do the push to win crypto Twitter - but to acquire and retain actual platform users. There is a few companies that people love to hate but they continue to grow because they have real fit to their segment of the market, Coinbase and Binance are very different examples.

We have always been crystal clear with investors from day one - NEX idea is to share the benefits of building a company with the community, to pay dividends. Not to do the next pumped governance token that we sell at the market for personal gain.

Yes @BILLYBELT2018, the world is not black-and-white and nor is crypto-industry. It is many shades of grey, and there is good people that share the vision and there is good people that need more incentives as well. We can press a few buttons, that we have pressed in the past more than once and can do it again, I am not afraid Nash will lack exposure. Is just that we will not engage on this rampant use of disinformation campaigns to fake usage or promote meaningless vanity metrics to investors.

15 Likes

There are three simple things missing on nash that most exchanges have from the start… these things, because they are not there immediately turn people away or cause them to question the initiative.

In my view this is their loss…

1. NEX on Nash - Listing of the native exchange token is a no brainer, will being immediate volume and add to credibility. Average punters have no interest in understanding the regulatory reasons why its not there and immediately conclude this as a negative and walk away

2. Trading pairs - Adding additional pairs from the top 10 or 20 by volume vs a stable coin, eth and btc is a no brainer. Again, people new to nash do not care for the complex reasons why they are not listed… BCH, LTC, DASH etc? I saw these on a list at some point in the past.

3. Fiat on / off ramps - We all know why this is delayed. New comers and average punters do not care that regulators are painful to deal with at the best of times.

For those of us out of the loop on internal activity, we can only hope that serious and dramatic effort is being spent closing gaps on these points.

Final note - much good work has been done which we all recognise. Enjoy seeing the weekly code drops. This is reassuring and provides evidence to the community of sustained efforts behind the scene. Keep it up!

18 Likes

It’s just that in crypto, Twitter is probably the number one platform for “spreading” information. Nobody talking about the fact that we want cheap PR, announcement of partnerships and spamming to people other “meaningless vanity metrics”. It’s just about the fact that NASH seems to be so unknown for the “huge” number of people from this community, which can be converted into that very real user base.And this particular example with Serum is indicative, when the whole community is discussing this project as something super new and innovative, and NASH remains invisible to all these people. And I do not agree that trying to be “more recognizable” for them is cheap PR and an attempt to attract investors with dubious methods,
It just doesn’t seem quite "fair (funny word for crypto space) when you see all this stuff happening, and Nash doesn’t get any traction.

5 Likes

Great to hear, Nash has been quieter than other projects with worse tech so it can appear that the focus is more on building than selling (not necessarily a bad thing when you’re still building the foundation).

This is most likely the correct approach, at the end of the day active users are everything to any platform Crypto or otherwise, as mentioned above the lack of recognition from the bigger names in the space is what’s frustrating the community, Nash literally provides the solutions they’re asking for and they seem to refuse to acknowledge that, having ties to other projects is an obvious dis-incentive for them…

It’s my understanding that Nash fits both of these market segments (pending the things @Sundryitems mentioned above)

In my opinion this is what makes Nash the greatest company/community/platform/investment opportunity since Bitcoin in '09 and Ethereum in '14

@Sundryitems liquidity/volume on all pairs as a fourth item would also help, there’s something that’s unassuring about seeing inactive markets when you visit for the first time, it gives an impression like “Wow they have all these awesome features, but why is no-one trading?”, upcoming liquidity mining should solve that though.

The addition of Kellogg Fairbank to the team is very confidence inspiring, looks like some serious growth is right around the corner.

5 Likes

I hate to say it guys but i am under the impression that the best thing crypto was able to accomplish so far is to build clunky & funky services doing everything on chain so people can use them from all over the world without doing any KYC or worry about trading limits ^^
( for now )

So now that the chain is clogged and the fees skyrocketed, someone just had to build the same on a different chain that is faster and some tweets came along, great ^^

There is much exploration happening atm around various things and it’s a good thing.
KYC is coming on the wallet level also soon, that might actually change everything regarding DeFi but let’s see :slight_smile:

All in all people are thirsty for open finance and eliminating the middle man as much as possible, liquidity wise, pairings wise, trading fees wise, governance wise etc and it’s a good thing.

Nash is actually in the right direction all along since day one :smiley:

We all know custodial exchanges are going away for various reasons and non custodial exchanges have already started doing some serious volumes with all the DeFi boom lately.

There are no non custodial exchanges doing cross chain trading BTC included yet on the market and no real signs of coming soon with the speed, compliance and added perks nash is already offering today and more soon to come.

Don’t get me wrong i like crypto but from a normal person perspective all this just doesn’t make sense and the crypto community is really tiny x)

So nash is targeting real world businesses in order to offer them payment solutions via nash pay, think of it like the next PayPal :slight_smile:

And traditional traders in search of a non custodial exchange with a regulatory framework they can work with ^^

So you tell me how exactly that type of people go along with our usual crypto twitter croud ?

4 Likes

I would not go so far. The following 2 features would for me suffice to make Nash…

1. Fast cheap reliable transfers on all chains. We should aim for sub-$1, sub-1min and near-100% reliability, nothing less.

2. Fast cheap no-extra-KYC fiat on-ramps. In other word, NashCash.

The latter is close. The former less so, because it depends on the performance of the underlying blockchain. Good news is blockchains will evolve and make such performance easily achievable without Nash putting any effort into it. Bad news is timing is outside of Nash’s control.

4 Likes

I just love a lot what you said in this post :handshake:

Every conversation with any person is followed by talking about #Nash. People start to listen :ear: and I keep talking. I am convinced that #Nash will succeed and when I read posts like this, even more ready to scream :loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound: it out. No jokes, people hear me talk about #Nash and community, are getting curious. The also feel my passion and I can tell you that, I am here all the way since the very beginning. Never lose my focus. Just getting more educated and more productive in explaining about #Nash.
Thank you :handshake: I Love #Nash

#Nash sold 25 M in ICO and, maybe they have a lot for different team members and I don’t think 36 M are available but I get your point. :handshake:

Excuse me for taking your time but every time I read posts like this from you, I get so inspired. I want to become bigger better stronger in order to be able to help #Nash grow.
Just an amazing feeling when I know for sure that people who will join #Nash family, will support the vision and stay here long term. I compare you with CocaCola company THAT WILL BE HERE FOREVER. Hopefully I am clear in what I mean. Thank you :handshake:

I believe that #Nash will over deliver and will get your points and those 3 points above mentioned, also plus some more things that will come along the way.
In order to be like Elon Musk power, where the #Nash will say that, this is just not fair toward other companies :grinning:.
Meaning that other companies are just so far behind :hot_face: :grin:

There are < 14 million NEX staked which means that all fees from the remaining 36 million go to Nash

1 Like

Got it, if it’s not staked then is for #Nash. I missed this before. Basically less people stake the more company gets. Thank you :handshake:

1 Like

Yeah like right now it would cost for me…

Send BTC to a Nash Trading Contract (Max Fee):

• $12.55 for a 0.001 BTC send
  • $39.18 for a 0.1 BTC send (Due to multiple receiving)

Send ETH to a Nash Trading Contract (Max Fee):

• $5.36 for a 0.001 ETH (or higher) send

External Wallet Sends from Nash:

• $12.41 for a 0.001 BTC send
  • $64.29 for a 0.1 BTC send
  • $0.81 for sending 1 ETH or more to an external wallet

Unfortunately if you just wanna exchange small amounts (or even just send for BTC) the fees are way to high for it to be reasonable. I get for large send to the trading contract it’s fine, but like if I want to exchange $25 BTC to ETH it will end up costing me a ton going from personal --> trading --> personal to complete the trade. Might even be as much as I wanted to trade. IMO not great.

Right now fee estimates for BTC are $5.14. Just for reference if you were to send the funds regularly and not from Nash (say to a centralized exchange service or to pay for goods).

2 Likes

Hm… i’ve created a trading channel for eth a few days ago and it cost about 1.60 (dollars). Are you sure in your calculations? Those figures seem very steep

It is not really calculations, I just typed out the ‘MAX FEE’ as shown in the Nash App.

Here I will place a screenshot of the fee for 0.001 ETH transaction to the smart contract on the web app (not the phone app like I did with my previous figures).

Here is the fee that shows up on the app when I look now:

I totally agree on No 2…get the basics first before trying to find the purple cow while wasting too much time.
Just by listing more coins they could 10 fold the volume. Big market cap coins of course. If this isnt doable then something must be wrong.

1 & 3 are about regulations. Unfortunately this is a big disadvantage for Nash

I rather see that the user can adjust the fees by themself, is this something what would be possible in the (near) future?

Example:
Pay $0.50 in fees for a waiting time around 1-5~ hours.
Pay $1 in fees for a waiting time of around 15~ min.
Pay $2 for a waiting time of around 5~ min.
Pay $10 for a waiting time of around 1~min.

Something like https://ethgasstation.info/ for example but than the Gwei prices in $:

6 Likes