Serum - new non custodial "DEX"

I would not go so far. The following 2 features would for me suffice to make Nash…

1. Fast cheap reliable transfers on all chains. We should aim for sub-$1, sub-1min and near-100% reliability, nothing less.

2. Fast cheap no-extra-KYC fiat on-ramps. In other word, NashCash.

The latter is close. The former less so, because it depends on the performance of the underlying blockchain. Good news is blockchains will evolve and make such performance easily achievable without Nash putting any effort into it. Bad news is timing is outside of Nash’s control.

4 Likes

I just love a lot what you said in this post :handshake:

Every conversation with any person is followed by talking about #Nash. People start to listen :ear: and I keep talking. I am convinced that #Nash will succeed and when I read posts like this, even more ready to scream :loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound: it out. No jokes, people hear me talk about #Nash and community, are getting curious. The also feel my passion and I can tell you that, I am here all the way since the very beginning. Never lose my focus. Just getting more educated and more productive in explaining about #Nash.
Thank you :handshake: I Love #Nash

#Nash sold 25 M in ICO and, maybe they have a lot for different team members and I don’t think 36 M are available but I get your point. :handshake:

Excuse me for taking your time but every time I read posts like this from you, I get so inspired. I want to become bigger better stronger in order to be able to help #Nash grow.
Just an amazing feeling when I know for sure that people who will join #Nash family, will support the vision and stay here long term. I compare you with CocaCola company THAT WILL BE HERE FOREVER. Hopefully I am clear in what I mean. Thank you :handshake:

I believe that #Nash will over deliver and will get your points and those 3 points above mentioned, also plus some more things that will come along the way.
In order to be like Elon Musk power, where the #Nash will say that, this is just not fair toward other companies :grinning:.
Meaning that other companies are just so far behind :hot_face: :grin:

There are < 14 million NEX staked which means that all fees from the remaining 36 million go to Nash

1 Like

Got it, if it’s not staked then is for #Nash. I missed this before. Basically less people stake the more company gets. Thank you :handshake:

1 Like

Yeah like right now it would cost for me…

Send BTC to a Nash Trading Contract (Max Fee):

• $12.55 for a 0.001 BTC send
  • $39.18 for a 0.1 BTC send (Due to multiple receiving)

Send ETH to a Nash Trading Contract (Max Fee):

• $5.36 for a 0.001 ETH (or higher) send

External Wallet Sends from Nash:

• $12.41 for a 0.001 BTC send
  • $64.29 for a 0.1 BTC send
  • $0.81 for sending 1 ETH or more to an external wallet

Unfortunately if you just wanna exchange small amounts (or even just send for BTC) the fees are way to high for it to be reasonable. I get for large send to the trading contract it’s fine, but like if I want to exchange $25 BTC to ETH it will end up costing me a ton going from personal --> trading --> personal to complete the trade. Might even be as much as I wanted to trade. IMO not great.

Right now fee estimates for BTC are $5.14. Just for reference if you were to send the funds regularly and not from Nash (say to a centralized exchange service or to pay for goods).

2 Likes

Hm… i’ve created a trading channel for eth a few days ago and it cost about 1.60 (dollars). Are you sure in your calculations? Those figures seem very steep

It is not really calculations, I just typed out the ‘MAX FEE’ as shown in the Nash App.

Here I will place a screenshot of the fee for 0.001 ETH transaction to the smart contract on the web app (not the phone app like I did with my previous figures).

Here is the fee that shows up on the app when I look now:

I totally agree on No 2…get the basics first before trying to find the purple cow while wasting too much time.
Just by listing more coins they could 10 fold the volume. Big market cap coins of course. If this isnt doable then something must be wrong.

1 & 3 are about regulations. Unfortunately this is a big disadvantage for Nash

I rather see that the user can adjust the fees by themself, is this something what would be possible in the (near) future?

Example:
Pay $0.50 in fees for a waiting time around 1-5~ hours.
Pay $1 in fees for a waiting time of around 15~ min.
Pay $2 for a waiting time of around 5~ min.
Pay $10 for a waiting time of around 1~min.

Something like https://ethgasstation.info/ for example but than the Gwei prices in $:

6 Likes

The team has already stated that custom fees will be coming (who knows when), but I think this would be a great implementation of it. You get to select whether you want your transaction to be Slow, Normal/Standard, or Fast.

3 Likes

This thread has gone sideways and is no longer on topic IMO. I’d like to talk about fees, but this isnt the place for it. Serum = wrapped tokens.

Lets move ahead!

I recently bumped into Serum DEX while doing my research. In recent weeks they gained quite a big volume in bitcoin trading. In this thread it was mentioned several times, they are trading only wrapped bitcoin. When I check on coinmarketcap, they show the following picture.

Nowhere it says it is wrapped BTC. Same on the Serum DEX Website, no mention of wrapped BTC. If I buy BTC on Serum I get the impression I own real BTC in my wallet. If that is really only wrapped BTC, wouldn’t that be fraud?

1 Like

It is fraud.

2 Likes

This issue has already been brought to light by @Oldsport on Twitter here:

3 Likes

There is actually no awareness about this out there. When you google it you wont find any hint about this right now. If you offer BTC to a customer and deliver but an IOU, without mentioning this anywhere, this is certainly fraud and someone should go after that or make it public. I just wonder how …

2 Likes

I see that at least one of the founders of Serum is an American, so tipping off SEC might is a possibility and it might raise their attention to add Serum to the list of exchanges that will get hammered when the time comes, similarly to the situation with XRP.

I would urge guys from our community that are American citizens to submit a tip to SEC;

https://www.sec.gov/whistleblower/submit-a-tip

And the rest of us can tip off SEC on their Twitter;

https://twitter.com/SEC_Enforcement

With the technology Nash has if Nash didn’t obey the KYC/AML rules, it would have 10x the current volume by now. Nash sticks to principles that nearly all are willing to undermine. Nash is going for the long game and this will provide an opportunity to be one of the backbones of future finance.

3 Likes