Sandbox feedback thread

My order book keeps blinking .

This has been happening to me as well.

Market orders of your entire balance still display as partial (99%, see last trade).
When the market order is executed with a fraction (>100%) of your total balance, then it fills entirely - as expected (see second to last trade):

I wouldn’t classify this as critical, but it’s definitely going to raise questions.

Looking at my “Orders” tab, here’s what I see:

Both market buy orders of BTC with USDC appear as market sell orders of USDC for BTC.
Moreover both appear as partially filled at 99%…

This is not a bug and will stay as this. What happens here is there is a small amount (0.000001 in this case) that could not be fulfilled in integer pieces within the asset precision between the prices matched. So not everything could be matched.

Example: Asset A and B has precision 0.00000001 , price is 0.0036555 A/B, you want to buy A using 10 B. This would give you 2735.603884558 but the asset precision can only be up to 2735.60388455 … so this piece cannot be matched and you will have a partial match of 99.99% but not totality.

Of course in practice is a bit more complex as there can be multiple prices with varying quantities matched in a single market order but this is the gist of it.

1 Like

https://community.nash.io/t/feedback-main-exchange/8441/4?u=fischdenflo

You’re saying CEXes - who use a regular database - are able to round up by ignoring the 0.000000008, whereas Nash cannot do this on a chain?

If so, that’s understandable but still not intuitive to the average user. Maybe a special tooltip could be displayed when partial fill is greater than 99.99%. Something like “Order filled completely according to best possible precision.” (or simply display 100% and keep the precision details for the “Trades” tab)

How do you explain that the second to last trade shows up as 100% filled in trading view orders panel but only 99% in “Orders” tab?
How about the second part of my post (orders showing “the other way around)?

1 Like

CEXs in crypto normally just “give you” this small thing that you will never be able to have (so in practice they accumulate this thing in their assets) or don’t give it to you but take all the value of the market order.

If you look into your sell print of the USDC market you can notice this better, since USDC precision is 6 decimals only (vs 8 or 18 as usual).

More professional exchanges (normally not available to public, i.e. CME desk or ErisX) do like we do in the matching.

One option could be to just show more precision on the percentage like “99.99%” and on the orders tab or a “filled” instead of 100% or if >99% for market orders … what about that ?

7 Likes

>99% | F with a “Filled” tooltip would be an improvement over current situation I believe, yes.

3 Likes

I’ve been getting a loading spinner every time I place an order:

I mean, I understand that it needs to load but the loading animation could be shown in the Buy button while leaving the rest as is until it’s finished. No need to remove all the elements while loading.

Also, the graph labels on the Y-axis are stretched as you can see.

3 Likes

When logged in, the Terms and Conditions modal appears unexpectedly in the following cases:

• when switching from Light to Dark mode and vice versa;
  • when staring/unstaring a pair in the pair selector;

signing BTC over to the channel in sandbox is very fast

though the speed of this was restricted by blocktimes ?

I believe this is due to the sandbox not being bound by the same rules/properties than BTC mainnet.

2 Likes

I certainly cant think of a way of having a BTC committed to a channel … without it being ticked off on the ledger …

for a second there … i was amazed

@canesin any chance of a quick confirm ^^ … put me out my misery

FYI it appears scrollbars have been removed entirely in orderbooks :+1:

N.B: native scrollbar remains on the pair selector.

EDIT: scrollbar is still there in orderbook, just much less obvious.

1 Like

for ETH transfer: when my balance is > to initial amount. withdraw dont work. stuck in “initialize transfer step”

that the scrollbar we want. must be everywhere

This is happening again (scrollbar of buy orderbook starting at bottom).

1 Like

On sign up, after the 12 words step, I see a fullscreen blink right before the 2FA screen loads.

If you go to your “Transfers” tab right after sending funds from personal to trading (or vice versa), you see a line “Initializing…” with a spinner. After a few seconds, it just vanishes. At this point, you don’t see your pending transfer unless you click the “Refresh” button or manually refresh the page. It’d be nice if the “Inializing…” line was immediately replaced by the “Transferring…” line.

1 Like

Guys, great suggestions.

We just deployed a release candidate on sandbox, would appreciate if there are bugs and issues to be reported here Feedback thread: Bugs for Bitcoin protocol with MPC API keys

If you have general improvements feedback I have ask to keep that to yourself until we will reopen the thread dedicated for that later. Thanks for the comprehension and support.

8 Likes