Nash deployment AMA

No worries, delays happen. Can we get some clarity as to the length of delay we’ll be seeing? It’s unclear if this is only a few hours and we can expect launch today, or if we’ll be waiting days to weeks?

1 Like

@MailboxMoney Hopefully hours, absolutely not weeks. My best guess would be sometime tomorrow (or today if you like, it is 3:30am my time)

8 Likes

To add to @ethan reply, it is actually behind a simple “flicking a button”. But behind that button our QA and security teams have been trying to guarantee the best UX, every issue found on production has been met with dedication of the team, specially team leaders, senior engineers and founders have been all in a 27h running Google hangout calls.

This is what is behind the flicking of a button right now:

19 Likes

Come on man. You are obviously not in IT. Unexpected stuff happens.

2 Likes

Many of us true supporters would rather that you delayed the launch another week and had everything absolutely perfect compared to rushing and cutting corners.

the product will speak for itself after the launch

10 Likes

hi fabio,

thank you for the transparency in this topic.
I see now that many problems added together to lead to the delay.

So in summary for the community:

• Fiat-ramps will NOT be available at launch since the api error, caused by AWS
  • OMG & LX Markets not available at launch
  • ETH Explorer issues for ETH-Tokens on the Exchange => Launch when solved

So after the last pointed problem is solved you would launch. Is this correct?

I would also recommend to always be as transparent as you are now in this AMA, since there is many speculation in chats and people freak out because 23th August is already over in CET, PST etc and will still got no communication.

Thank you!

1 Like

Do I need to be in IT to be eligible to ask a question SIR?

1 Like

@ethan - hope you and the PST team get some good sleep and don’t stress re timings

2 Likes

Thank you @Trust_Yourselves, we will not cut corners.

8 Likes

Hello guys,
Being an IT Engineer, i know what exactly you are facing, this is what can happen in every release, no problem, for me it could even be delayed for another week to be sure you guys deliver the products in good conditions.
Saying that, (and not for must of investors, but for some people) a small effort in communication will be appreciated, i know that you didn’t have the whole picture about the issue, but just a tweet where you mention that the launch can be delayed for unknown issues.

Thanks

3 Likes

Thank you for keeping us up to date! It sucks but in the world of IT this is expected. Stuff breaks down unexpectedly all the time. The important thing is to fix it and learn not to make the same mistake twice.

1 Like

Did I say that sir/lady?

Thanks @Achlem, the reason we didn’t do that is we really thought we could get things out today. But I totally understand where you are coming from, and do also wish we had posted this earlier

5 Likes

So in summary for the community:

• Fiat-ramps will NOT be available at launch since the api error, caused by AWS

For this weekend, as APIs are coming back, but our bank transfer needs to go through and this is not blockchain, it doesn’t work on weekends. We actually use a integrator to connect to it, people that use Coinbase should know Plaid, we had issues on connections. We will put it up as soon as we can go full circle on that.

• OMG & LX Markets not available at launch

No, we are in contact with Tyler from LX to solve this asap, OMG we will not integrate directly in our vault, we decided to use a proxy contract to not have to change something that has seen so many reviews. So OMG will take longer.

• ETH Explorer issues for ETH-Tokens on the Exchange => Launch when solved

Perfect, that is the portfolio balance issue. The explorer detect movements are used in our matching engine system (the state channels monitoring system) that keep track of all those balances to preset users portifolio. As soon as this is solved we will do another overview QA and decided on go.

So after the last pointed problem is solved you would launch. Is this correct?

That is the current decision line, I will sleep now as it is 1pm in Austria and I have been running 32h, when I wake up and have the usual founders call with @ethan, @fabwa, @LucianoEngel and @localhuman we will know better.

10 Likes

This is absolutely fine as long as we get the best possible product with minimal hassle . We are in uncharted waters as far as technical aspects are concerned. Hence these things ought to happen. Keep up the good work, slowly but surely we will get there

3 Likes

@canesin @ethan I would like to know about the Nash Pay application in the play store and in the app store, have they already solved that or is that issue ok for now? I also want to know if it can be used on launch day.

We only had the current picture about 2h ago, during early morning Asia. We didn’t communicate earlier because until that moment we expected to still just open the platform to the public.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info. This can always happen, I still trust you for doing the right things.
Now I finally can get some sleep after being up for almost 24 hrs.
Good Night

1 Like

and I can relax my fingers from refreshing site every 10 mins :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ohhh team saying “unknown issues” … id be careful… judging by the price reaction (currently) id say they made the right move. the market seems to be very resilient… or trusting