Sandbox Testing

trying to help not be presumptuous or int irritating.

u aware of ?

Tagomi - huge volumes as a prime broker
pools of cash sitting at big exchanges like Coinbase Pro, Gemini, Kraken and U.K.-based Bitstamp.

Ed Tolson of Kbit - high frequency trader - 1 billion usd a month volume or 0.5 % of total crypto daily vol

Ed has expressed concerns over the risk of leaving assets on exchange

2 Likes

Is it possible to @ Ed Tolson & Tagomi on Twitter?

Thanks for the link, this is what I was looking/asking for if possible it would be handy to include this in the announcement.

yeah theyre easily contactable via social media and more formal medium

ready …steady… spam !

sarcasm can be hard online … so yeah… kidding

All good :rofl: :+1:

Don’t know how many security experts are in here who understand this in details but hope there are few guys.
Knowing you and the way you guys work i assume you pay for professional security testing or this comes later when community test it first ?

Hi Fabio,

Is there any way you could share the tsconfig.json file which was used for this repository? (not a typescript expert, sorry!)

I’ve managed to have the 2 first snippets work, but not the 3rd one. Here’s the errors I get with my current typescript configuration:

1 Like

sure, it is actually on the root folder: https://gitlab.com/nash-io-public/api-client-typescript/-/blob/master/tsconfig.json

3 Likes

Goddam these API keys would be insane for institutional trading / leveraged trading

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll give it a try.

I understand that all trades and balances would reset periodically. However it might frustrate a lot of devs if they have to go through the whole process of recreating their account, re-generating the API key and replacing it in their implementation all over again every four days. Don’t you think?

1 Like

I made a mess of the above post

so briefly

large liquidity pools in Eth hook up to 3rd party exchanges
Kyber is onchain and slow causing deviations from market spot price

Nash is offchain & crosschain = fast and simpler, safer products

with speed we can provide superior 3rd party exchange pricing to these liquidity pools

with crosschain channels we can provide native products BTC over the convoluted WBTC

Wbtc forms 96% of the current leading 3rd party Eth exchange … see below.
this product is replaceable … not only is it replaceable but it makes up all their demand

3 Likes

WBTCs days are numbered.
This is the likely frontrunner in the tethered bitcoin space: https://tbtc.network/
If you read the specification you’ll see that it has poor capital efficiency right now but maybe that will change.
Would be nice to have a tBTC/BTC market on Nash for arbitrage!

1 Like

I mean, when Nash has non-custodial cross chain real BTC trading, there will no longer be a point in using any wrapped or tethered BTC in general. Why do that when you can hold and trade the real thing cross-chains?

4 Likes

@Hatertots I am well aware of the limitations of tethered bitcoin. Please see my post from Jan 2019.

To answer your question as to why this has any point: not everything is about trading

tBTC is simply a trust minimised version of liquid, rsk or wbtc - i.e. an improvement
This would allow the use of bitcoin within the ethereum ecosystem and all the DeFi protocols that this includes e.g. lending on compound, collateral in maker dai
tBTC is by no means perfect but it is a step towards greater interoperability between bitcoin and ethereum

I’ve sent you a DM as our conversation has nothing to do with the thread topic

1 Like

Yeah I am in the same boat here.

Someone is trading on the BTC-USDC pair, surely a temporary transfer issue.

USDC is an ERC-20 token, so I’m pretty sure if they’ve achieved trading it against Bitcoin, ETH isn’t far behind. The team probably just enabled 1 pair for now to limit the scope of testing.

The app looks pretty unstable right now. Keep in mind that they haven’t announced it was successfully deployed just yet. Maybe they’re still rolling out some parts as we speak.

EDIT: Still not receiving the BTC on my trading contract though. Let’s give the team time guys!

2 Likes

since its not real funds being used, i wonder if it simulates real btc by being slow on purpose, since btc is slow. is this perhaps the case?