Sandbox Testing

Have done some lite testing setting up API keys and ran into a few issues (haven’t even tried using the keys yet just tried a few things using the front-end)

1. USDC transfer from personal to trading issue is still there in sandbox (I was under the impression that the short-term fix had been rolled out for this)

2. Instantly hit daily trading limit with just 2 trades, why there’s such a low limit set in the sandbox makes no sense. Either have the initial balances for each asset so small that it’ll take 1000 trades to hit the daily limit or set the limit much higher ( :point_left: this one).

3. There’s no depth (or orders at all) in any of the order-books even the main pairs eth-usdc, eth-neo etc… It makes sense for the team to have a bunch of market maker bots for us to test against that have the job of constantly replenishing the order-books (how am i supposed to test if an API key can execute trades if there aren’t any orders to trade against?)

4. The UI for transferring from personal to trading account is still confusing (I’m aware the team has a solution they’re working on for this) the UI should just go straight to the transfer page when the trade button is clicked if the user doesn’t have any balance in the trading contract, if there is a balance there needs to be a refill button somewhere in the trading interface.

Finally congratulations to the team on releasing another world-first technology I look forward to seeing it in production.

13 Likes

i hope that this gets out of beta/alpha soon, just like btc. i was hoping it would be ready for launch, not ready for public testing…

Im sure it is a thing that people just don’t know what to test or how to properly test it. Since it’s testing for API there is not a lot of people who don’t know how to properly use APIs and test them. I am sure we will see lots of testing when BTC trading comes out :slight_smile:

1 Like

im not so sure. i think the real testing starts when issues been solved. Especially the big players dont want to test something when simple actions like withdrawals still give problems.

agree doesnt seem to be achieving anything
requires sophisticated traders/institutions not many community fit this criteria …

OP claims its not possible to correctly test it properly also

1 Like

It’s possible to test most of the basic functionality and do some trivial actions, but at this point it’s difficult to do any extensive testing.

1. Don’t use USDC on sandbox. USDC has issues on testnets, that will not be fixed.

2. We removed all limits on the sandbox.

3. If your order is placed it can be traded, there isn’t a bot on request of partners integrating the API, this is so that you can place the orders and query the books to see it is all as it should be.

4. We are not concerned with UI on the sandbox, even the API keys UI on production is different.

4 Likes

There shouldn’t be much (any ?) volume on the sandbox, its purpose is to test the APIs and integrations.

1 Like

Noted, however I’m not sure what this step is for? Is it to authorize requests only to/from this address?

I clicked on continue without providing an address and it worked. Does this mean the token can be used with any crypto (NEO, ETH, BTC,…) and any address?

Ah, apparently it is!

I imagine “Add address” will be the option to add current Fund manager’s address as the whitelisted one. :+1: Doesn’t seem to work for now though.

2 Likes

This are addresses to white list to issue withdraws, now you can from the API do withdraws from trading contract to external wallets. This allow to re-balance funds across exchanges with an algo in non-assisted form for example. Using MPC we will be able to block withdraws for addresses you didn’t white list, so if the trading bot is compromised the attacker can’t drain your funds to a wallet you don’t control.

See this example: https://gitlab.com/nash-io-public/api-client-typescript/-/blob/mpc-support/integration-tests/movements.js

2 Likes

Hi Canesin.

Is the API available for Windows ? While trying it out, I got the following error.

Thanks for the clarification, is there documentation for sandbox use outlining the above? The tweet announcing API keys only mentions the sandbox but doesn’t link to any relevant usage documentation. It’s easy enough for someone experienced to dive in and test but some basic guides / documentation would be handy to cut down on time.

When generating a new API key, entering an incorrect password will result in the user being logged out and taken back to the login screen.

2 Likes

This is the big product i presume … its the first domino so to speak …

decentralised APIs brings liquidity > liquidity brings retail > retail consumes other products (nashpay) which in turn bring more retail > bringing more institutional trading / liquidity

is that about accurate ?

1 Like

Unfortunately @NT1993 it is not available for Windows, we might make a windows version in the next coming weeks.

@canesin @clare @ethan Nash Ambassadors can we have a video explaining what this MPC technology is and how can a normal person, trader and instituional investor use it!

this would be for layman EIL5

2 Likes

Hi @Hitesh the marketing team is already working on a MPC video.

13 Likes

Tutorials how to set it up would be great also. I would like to test it but don’t have much knowledge about it and don’t have much time to spent on learning it. Some basic set up tutorial would be great.

4 Likes

We can build tutorials in the near future, but the kind main of testing and review we are looking for now is from very technical people - like security researchers and algorithm trading firms.

For those the tests in this folder should be enough: https://gitlab.com/nash-io-public/api-client-typescript/-/tree/master/integration-tests

3 Likes