My stupidity for inexperienced - Good Bye Nash

Love this community :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nash Community had help you to recover your lose funds.
You received at the moment, a good contribution.
This community have dimostrate to be strong.
My advice is to create a telegram account, join the community channel and the next time, before place an order,you can asking there how you can place the limit order. I’m sure someone will be ready to answer at your question, and help you in other stuff.
Enjoy

c/c @canesin

6 Likes

I am currently sending you 1 NEO. Take care man.

1 Like

I have send you NEX and I do hope, you won’t need to sell your’s. Stay in the space and hold your NEX and let’s see where it takes us :wink:

1 Like

A small thing from my part, Hope you get everything back on track.

1 Like

glad to see this community being so friendly and the team seeing what they can improve to prevent this from happening again. Love it!

6 Likes

Dear community, thanks for everything.

I am very happy and grateful, all this changed my way of seeing the crypto world.

I have no words to thank, the Nash team wrote me informing in detail what the error was.

Please do not send more funds, it is enough and I am more than grateful.

I learned a great lesson yesterday and above all, honestly I always thought that to help must have millions and donate millions, but with this I can see that adding small amounts achieves enormous things.

Unfortunately if I will have to sell the funds because I really need them, I have no other money in reserve, now I have my ICO NEX that I will keep until the end, do not blame me for not being able to save the money, I would love it, but it is not possible today.

Very grateful I send a big hug as a group of caring friends who help in difficult times.

17 Likes

No worries, you already explained that you needed to pay your bills. We donated it to you, you can do what you want with it. Just pay it forward one day. Good luck brother!

5 Likes

I removed the addresses @NEXBTCNEX since this is solved.

7 Likes

So I followed up with support and want to clear the air: there is no bug on the following screenshot:

Everything was a market sell order (of USDC into ETH); the coloring is implemented in a way that can seem a bit counter-intuitive, but is the same across all exchanges:

In the Recent trades panel, prices appear as green if the price went up compared to last traded price, red otherwise. It has nothing to do with being a buy or sell order.

7 Likes

If Nash is going to be adopted by mainstream customers then some safeguards need to be put in place to stop this kind of thing happening first. Maybe disable market orders on pairs with low liquidity? Your average non-crypto person is going to use market orders for it’s simplicity, we can’t have this type of thing happening on a regular basis or people who don’t understand why it has happened will be scared away and think Nash is a scam.

3 Likes

It’s already there: market orders are automatically disabled when there are fewer than X orders in the order book (I think X=5). I’ve seen it on sandbox at least.

However there could be even better protection by disabling market orders when the next best price is more than 20% different from last trading price for instance.

2 Likes

Yeah number of orders won’t do much if the size of the orders are small, I like your idea of price percentage, I would say even smaller at around 5% though. Or maybe a warning at 5% and disabled at 10%…

there are some exchanges that do it like that. it would be a welcome addition.

1 Like

That was painfull :frowning:

1 Like

How could that happen?

1 Like

It was such an obvious idea (knowing the problem of the disappearance of all mm’s orders from orderbook and thus the danger of market orders) to place similar sneaky orders, and have a very big percent of probability of something like this possible happening.

share that address man this hurts to read lol

Those were 20 BTC :handbag: even without jumpy market makers this would cause big
slippage. should never do a market deal!
I hope whoever did the mistake doesnt miss it :frowning:

I went back to the graph and its 14 BTC. @Nick Did you log the trades? :wink: