Market sell order, misleaded price. UX issue on price

Ah didn’t think about that, but that’s true if placed as a limit order this wouldn’t have matched.

Are you guys looking into allowing more decimals though? Since they are kinda needed on pairs like this. Is there some technical difficulty that is stopping you to allow more decimals?

1 Like

Fabio, I agree with you. But it can not be that you only see it when you turn the market. This really shows in my opinion that the 3 decimal places are not enough for such small markets.

There was no changes in the buy orders. Order book says I sold at 0.001 NEO. What’s the problem here? I can understand if the order changed at the last second but it didn’t.

When someone places a buy order at 0.001 NEO, how are they going end up buying at 0.0007? The maths is fixed

I was interested in using the exchange, hopefully making a switch from Binance when volume picks up but I am not impressed with how a simple 0.001 buy order somehow translates to another number. Close this thread if you want to, but I still want this resolved in DM or email.

I just checked what is shown before you place market order. It shows this: image

However, if you would place the order you would get about 2 NEO. Ofcourse the market order window is an estimate and you are not guaranteed 4 NEO, but it is not the best UX in my opinion. I think it deserves some attention.

I’ll probably be moving back to Binance for my own safety

We are analyzing markets yet, I think that we have in this moment best in industry settings for main markets … on the smaller value coins this is very hard to do and we are collecting info given low liquidity of the pairs, unfortunately this is quite empirical, since it appears those tickers have poor settings across the industry.

The issue is tick size should represent a meaningful price improvement, on FIFO you have two priorities Price and Time, being Price > Time. If the tick is very small (say 1 base point of the pair) the price priority becomes dominant, as people will just place marginal price changes above each other just to have priority - completely invalidating the time priority.

You didn’t place a buy order at 0.001 NEO, you placed a market sell. Are you being sly on purpose ? There is no math error. Also the order book doesn’t show execution.

1 Like

Fair enough haha. I’ve been waiting for NASH since 2017 and if this is how you treat your consumers

True, we will compute the estimate using the order book standing orders. We will also add the average price on the orderbook hover.

1 Like

By switching to NEO-PHX it is still possible to do marginal price changes above each other right?

I really like the possibility to switch the market, but this gives people using NEO-PHX as pairs an advantage over people using PHX-NEO, if I’m not mistaken.

You should not be market selling when you see there is not enough on the sell side to back up the price you want. I hope you know the difference between limit and market sell.

2 Likes

If your concern is the UX issue you had we can talk about it, but I don’t know why you keep saying “buy order at 0.001 NEO” and “math is fixed” when you did a market sell. We treat all our costumers with a lot of respect, but you don’t seem to want this solved. Instead of consulting support and being honest on your statements you created a tread saying you had a bug and lost funds, than keep repeating a false statement.

3 Likes

I still think he has a valid point in terms of UX though, there’s only one buy order in the book which is shown as 0.001 (when in fact its about 0.00051). If you don’t know this 0.001 is actually a lower number than what you see (because someone placed an order below 0.001 by switching to NEO-PHX pair), then you don’t expect this market sell to suddenly give less than the displayed 0.001

But yes an UX issue like canesin is saying, not a bug.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I also see that as a problem in the UI. And I think we should find a solution. And I have to admit that that probably would have happened to me too. :see_no_evil:

One must also remember that it is not possible on other stock exchanges to turn the market and you therefore never comes to a value less than 0.001 set.

But please correct me if I’m wrong …

I think the root here is the incompatibility of PHX tick size and NEO tick size… this will never be matching (like in any market) but we can adjust.

2 Likes

Yes I agree…

1000PHX -> 0.001NEO (That’s how it should be?)

But it is

500PHX. -> 0.001NEO

I might have a suggestion for tick size. Maybe it would be possible that tick size is custom for every pair. I’m not sure where Nash get’s the dollar value from coins, but maybe this info could be used. By knowing the current market value of the coin, you can set the allowed decimals to 3 AFTER the last zero.

As example I will look at CMC, on CMC PHX is currently worth 0.00071703 NEO, since the first 3 decimals are zeros, the decimal limit on Nash will be 6.

On CMC, AVA is currently worth 0.01125809 NEO, since the first decimal is a zero, the decimal limit on Nash will be 4.

This means there are 3 decimals precision to play with as marginal differences on all pairs. Which I believe should be enough.

1 Like

@ikbinruig tick size is custom for each pair already :wink: … what you are saying is another thing, on the increment.

Here the issue is tick value of PHX is too diff from tick value of NEO. We will update the markets for PHX and AVA. I will close the topic now.

3 Likes