Current State of Affairs: User Experience

I agree that the 2FA delay should be extended by default. For the exchange as well as the app. :+1:

I know for a fact that they’re hearing our feedback on this issue. But put this among hundreds of other minor issues and it’s hard to tackle everything at once. I trust their judgement to prioritize as best as possible.

I don’t understand what you mean there. Either you’re trading and your funds are in orders, or you’re not and you should send them back to your funds manager. To my knowledge, there isn’t any unnecessary transfers.

2 Likes

I use an iphone and ones i copy past my 2fa only ones I can login with face id So days even weeks of use with one time 2fa is possible. Just for login

Is it new? I test it now…

Goto Settings and click Security and enable it there

I already did. Still asked for the 2FA every time. I am currently testing.

Just retried as well. It’s working for me on Androïd (I didn’t have to reput my 2FA).

Nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

But then that’s definitely new. I tried it a few weeks ago and it definitely didn’t work.

It currently works for me too. Let’s see how long. I keep testing …

1 Like

I said the function had to be new. :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve yet to experience any gas failures, but I do cuss whenever I’m prompted to enter the password/2FA when trying to execute a trade; it surprises me almost every time (it feels like an “annoying pop-up” which may even disrupt a time-sensitive trade for somebody one day; so keeping that menu greyed out and requiring the user to enter password/2FA, before allowing them to input numbers and click buy/sell, would probably feel less obstructive?).

I don’t think I’ve cussed yet while having to enter the password/2FA for personal/trading wallet transfers (and I think that occurs far more often), but anything unexpected that prevents a user’s task from being promptly executed may elicit frustration. Also it may just be me, but the fewer number of times that I have to type out my password, the safer I feel.

Other than that, my experience has been a generally positive one so far. The staking statement page is nice and organized. The exchange does feel a little bare-bones in terms of UI/UX (absence of sfx/animation/images/etc. which aren’t necessary and may or may not come later). Of course it’s purely subjective, but out of every (de)centralized exchange that I’ve tried thus far, I’ve liked Switcheo/ShapeShift the most from a UI/UX standpoint; binance feels like a cluttered disgusting mess imo, and using Nash has been an infinitely more pleasant experience over binance.

One gripe that I do have is the inactivity/time-out. I like to keep charts open on 2nd/3rd monitor while doing other things on the primary monitor for several hours, and I’ve had to hit the ‘stay logged-in’ button dozens of times. While I’m not actively trading atm, I probably will be later if volume and listings increase.

3 Likes

Looks like the new update fixed this. There’s no longer a requirement to constantly input 2FA every time you open the app.

Log in experience on the app is amazing now. It looks like 2FA is only required once or once every 14 days based on the recent app update.

@canesin I think there should be another prompt for password/fingerprint/2fa when sending funds. I just tested this and it allowed me to send some btc without a second security prompt.

4 Likes

agreed. sending funds should authentication again.

Look at the right side of the screen.
Do we really need 3 CTA to “Sign in” or “Create an account”?
Also, I think the order book and recent trades deserve more space.

2 Likes

Yup.
Moreover, bottom right CTAs appear only on hover :smirk:
Seems about right.

1 Like

My point still stands and the current UX design doesn’t seem right to me. Call me minimalist but I believe that 3 CTAs (yes, one of them is on hover) are not necessary and that space should be used to display other trading functionalities or expand the most important ones.

@sergi i agree with you, the UX needs improvement. easier transfers, explanations and a better UI that can differentiate from other exchanges or take their best abilitys and put them in one.

2 Likes

TBH I find it highly annoying having to log in before I can see how many X I can buy with Y on that market. I want to play around with numbers, and sometimes not place an order at all. I don’t want to be forced to log in before I can play around. Why is it absolutely necessary to log in before I can do that? It’s making it over-complicated. Keeping it simple where we can is needed for optimal UX.

1 Like

I think he did because this hover feature is added recently, and why would they do that if they wouldn’t add it in the new designs as well? Unless it’s AB testing of some sort.

1 Like

I agree with you and sometimes had the same feeling.

It all boils down to whether it’s more likely that you consequently log in (and from there have more probability to make a trade) or on the contrary give up.

Considering it requires development time and no real answer to the above question, it’s probably best to leave it as is for now. Wdyt ?