What happens to the NEX token if Nash is bought by another company?

yeah… don’t want to sell too early [FB is valued at 521.38Billion today !] :blush:

2 Likes

I will never sell, but regularly buy more

1 Like

JI think this is a more of general question as a whole in this crypto industry.

Lets say Binance decides to sell their exchange… the tokens will go either way.

For an outstanding team that nash has currently, im sure many like me would be worried if nash decides to sell if they have a buyer.

I dont think i seen anyone who asked binance/Kucoin/gate.io what would happen if someone decides to buy over their exchange…

Ive never feel so bullish for nash till now.

Nash is an amazing team and i hope we can still be here discussing how to improve nash in 10years

3 Likes

I don’t disagree. There is literally zero investor protection in crypto. And the results speak for themselves. Exit scams and investors losing everything.

Certainly Nash are regulatory compliant however the question of investor protection is the question mark.

If Nash winds up or sell, are nex holders entitled to anything? This point just needs clarification. If the answer is no, then fine. It’s just information that all holders need

Even in the stock market when you invest in stocks, there are no laws that protects you when the company goes bankrupt or sells their company when their financials are having issues…

such example is a recent one that happen in Singapore with a firm call -hyflux . It was a really big firm until recently the firm decides to sell off the company due to bad management at their end.

Investors were left scrambling around complaining about why the government didnt help them.

So people were asking the investors Why didnt they complaint when they are earning from the investments…

All investment has risks, even the biggest firm( not just crypto) could go bankrupt… and investors couldnt get a single cent back except for selling their penny stocks.

Of course we would like to hear from nash POV.

My query is mainly regarding an acquisition of Nash by a larger company.

2 Likes

Replying to this…

Like what fabio has said, the interested company could buy a part(minority) of nash…

its a good idea as nash would have the extra money to improve nash faster than their planned roadmap.

I agree :slight_smile: and to think about this is alpha is crazy.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves…:roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Okay. So essentially the idea is:
We are a community, working to make Nash big together.
Until the day the founders sell it to someone and bail out without a plan of what happens to token holders.
Got it.

1 Like

LOOOOOOOLLLLL, lets be real, if they turn down 10 Billion we’re all sitting pretty

If someone were to offer 10billion to nash. Each NEX token would already be worth a lot… i mean A LOT …

1 Like

Please correct me, but I don’t think the NEX token has any sort of governance attached to it. 10 billion would go to nash as a company. The token is only worth as much as the current Nash owners allow, so if someone new comes in and let’s say mints ten times the supply, there is nothing you can do about it. Why would someone do that? Why would Bitfinex take 850 million $ of Tether funds to cover for their losses… I think murphys law applies to everything in crypto and seeing that there is no clarity on this subject is a cause for great concern.

I think the current set up of the NEX token (staking for 25 to 75% of few income) enables simple structure to distribute income to token holders.

But this does not represent any type of ownership or equity in the company. Which is fine. That’s how it has been designed from the start. To do it any other way would likely be much more complex.

But if Nash sell the company, would these NEX tokens be converted to equity? so holders are paid out based on the buyout price of the company?
Or does each token holder get paid out the price of the token based on the price at a specific point in time. There doesn’t seem to be any clarity on this scenario.

1 Like

There is a max limit in the smart contract though, they would need to fork to be able to inflate it.

This photo can actually be a motivator to help fabio get back in shape :grinning::grinning: