USDC From FIAT ramps

Hi,
Although today we don’t even have USDC pairs in EU, probably neither in other regions. I was wondering if it will be possible to buy USDC from FIAT ramps, then you can go to the Exchange with the USDC pairs and place your limit orders. For Nash it will be also good because fees will be collected in this process when fresh money is comming in. I am just wondering if that is on scope.
Thanks,

8 Likes

USDC pairs are live outside of EU, have been from day one of operation.

2 Likes

Is there a legal reason not to list them in EU? Isn’t it just a ERC20 token?

I think OP is referring to buying USDC directly from the fiat ramps.
i.e. credit card purchase of 100EUR worth of USDC - making this in some ways similar to depositing fiat.

@TheCryptoLynx Fees wont be generated if going straight from fiat to USDC via a provider, however if the fiat provider doesn’t hold USDC, a quick conversion such as EUR>ETH>USDC could be used instead and this would generate fees (bold bit)

Hi @kabelman, yes there is legal restrictions. We will need to offer it with restrictions on order types. That development is done from backend side already, missing some pieces on FE.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot for the reply. It seems in the EU we can not see the Market volume for USDC then, maybe this is misleading. About being able to buy stable coins from FIAT ramps? Is this on the roadmap?
Thanks,

1 Like

What restrictions in particular? According to the Circle website, it is available for UK users. So why is it restricted on the Nash side for UK users?

The list also includes a number of EU countries, like Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Poland, the Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia, etc. Basically, the whole European Union and even a lot of non-EU countries. So where is the restriction exactly?

5 Likes

+1… there must be some irritating legal nuance we’re missing

Hi Team, it’s been a while since the last post was made in this topic, but could you share an ETA on when EU-folks will be able to trade crypto/USDC pairs?
Cheers

1 Like

ur mad to not add tether unless its been assessed as a legal fatality …or its going to 0.
Hard work being a security in this space at the moment… everyone else seems to just do what they want with little recourse…

im hoping we get some tail wind from the legal changes in Liechtenstein Jan

Ill just add shapeshift accepts Tether … are we being too cautious ???

tether also shifted more volume than bitcoin over last 24 hours

(im not saying add a tether / fiat onramp … just let the commodity/asset be traded)
If ur waiting for the AG ase to settle then fine but its def not gonna get hit by “managed stablecoins bill”

and if it does… whats the cost of delisting ? i cant be the only one wondering

for europe lets just forget about USD - C
if there’s legal issues today then theyre gonna go on indefinately …

what about a liquidity provider for onboarding EUR-S from fiat ?

There is two questions mixed in the thread:

1. USDC from ramps (so buy/sell using fiat):
    That is okay, not enabled but dependent on providers. Nash own fiat ramp plans offering the option to buy/sell USDC.

2. */USDC markets in the European area:
    This has some restrictions, but we will provide. It has however been moved down in priorities against other tasks in past November. After January we will re-start.

3 Likes