Transitioning to Nash

I currently store my crypto on a Ledger Nano, use Bitpanda as my fiat on/off ramp to buy BTC and ETH, and trade alt coins using Binance.

When Nash launches, I expect to move 95% of that activity to Nash with the expectation to continue doing a small amount of trading on Binance, for trading pairs not yet available on Nash. I expect to use Nash for 100% of my crypto trading as more pairs are added.

I will also move all funds from my Ledger Nano to Nash, when I am comfortable with the security (and that I am sufficiently confident that I can create an account without somehow getting phished or stuffing something up leading to losing all my funds). So 100% Nash in the near future.

Are others members in the community expecting to make a similar transition? More importantly, what current crypto service providers will you continue using (even after Nash launches) and what are their features/services that you will continue using (i.e. what product/service will Nash be missing that requires you to continue using other service providers?)

1 Like
  • Ledger wallets for long term storage
  • funds on multiple exchanges for arb (risky but there’s no other way)

I’m in a similar frame of mind to OP where I would be comfortable moving quite a bit out of cold storage to Nash in order to spend/invest/manage it. Ethan mentioned something they are working on to enable security that is as good as current hardware wallets so I’ll probably be waiting for that before moving large amounts.

Other than that, I’m sure there will be decent arb ops on Nash so I’ll be keeping some funds on Nash (with peace of mind!) for that.

100% of funds currently on Ledger, planning on setting up a multi-sig wallet using trezor and ledger for BTC cold storage. Will continue to use ledger for day to day transactions and use nash for fiat on/off ramp and trading. Would like to start staking as quickly as possible but would prefer to be able to do so from a HW wallet.

I use a combination of the following exchanges:

-Binance, Bittrex, iTBIT, and Coinbase; all my future trading will reside on Nash when it’s launched.

I do very little active trading, so for me Nash will just become my home for fiat on-ramps and staking. When I buy, I then hold, so I will still be transferring to my ledger for long-term storage (at least until Nash provides an alternative solution :wink:).

Yep. And given this “Index Funds” feature will come very much in handy and could be the best way to hold crypto, not just in one or two coins but a basket of coins that adjusts itself according to the market caps, which is a conservative/safe approach.

With the non custodial nature, fiat on/off ramps, easy payment etc, it seems that most users will ditch their current service providers and actually use Nash all their crypto needs: hold, transact and trade their funds.

And yet many fret about investing in Nash (NEX) because they are worried that it won’t build a user base and generate volume and associated fee income.

Which I find hilarious. Investors in EOS gave 4 billion USD to that company in an ICO, and yet 99.999% of those investors would never have actually used the EOS network. Here we are saying we will all use Nash but are concerned it won’t get used by others.

The huge spectrum of products will bring in many users of Nash. They will use it for other products, not necessarily to trade the exchange, but will use the exchange as part of storing and paying using Nash.

There have been few responses suggesting there are critical products that Nash is not offering. Nash might just surprise us with early and considerable volume quite early on.