Trading Competition as a way of Bootstrapping Exchange User Base

I know that the team response in one of the quarterly reports implied that Nash doesn’t have much believe in trading competition. However, I think it’s a proven way for a new exchange to gain awareness from new communities. I think it will be great if we can integrate small trading competition into our token listings to attract people. In crypto, people love free stuffs, I remember all the rigour of KYC and all that during ICO era just for airdrops that are mostly worthless. Would like to hear the opinion of other community members as I feel is a good strategy that could help Nash at this early stage. Some will leave after the competition while others will stay to become strong member of this community .

3 Likes

I support trading competitions after GA

2 Likes

I think it’s a good idea! :slightly_smiling_face: Maybe a month after GA or so!

I could of sworn @canesin mentioned that a trading competition was something they were already considering or working on…

I could be imagining that though and unfortunately don’t have the time right now to search for where I might have read that…

Lot’s of hypothesis on this comment - trading competitions have more failure histories than success histories. They work under some constrains, we need to fulfill those first.

1 Like

That’s the comment I remember of @canesin’s. Does not express any interest in trading competitions.

This is from a year ago.

And judging by @canesin’s comment above, his mindset hasn’t changed since then. I linked the comment because it’s the only known mention of trading competitions I can remember from the team here on the forums.

1 Like

The comment has other things in addition - we are in a different moment now. If projects want to sponsor trading competitions we will allow that in a few weeks - but I can’t see that will be one of our main drivers.

4 Likes

What are you hoping…

?

3 Likes

The obvious question here is what are the main drivers?
Trading competition?
Random new tokens added? (uniswap)
P2P payments?
Merchant on-boarding?
Institutional on-boarding?
Free Lamborghinis?
Savings solution?
Liquidity mining?
Options, Futures, Swaps, Leverage?
Non-custodial index’s?

1 Like

Interesting conversation. I could be missing a lot of things, but I thought trading competition is one way to attract new users/traders to nash. If the trading competition generates a lot of fees, nash probably will not have to worry about paying from out of pocket. The time line on this would be when team thinks exchange is ready for a competition

That is the hard part. Finding the purple cow! But dont waste too much resources to figure it out. @canesin maybe you have read the story about Noah Kagan from Appsumo?

Also read

2 Likes