Trading API documentation

Hi Team,

Many of us are planning on running automated trading bots once the platform is live where is the best place to look for Nash’s API documentation?

1 Like

It is not released yet. I have asked here before but apparently this topic does not have high priority.

Having trouble with @neon-exchange/api-client-typescript, can’t seem to find the module.
The import statement
import { Client } from './node_modules/@neon-exchange/api-client-typescript';
throws a module not found error
error TS2307: Cannot find module './node_modules/@neon-exchange/api-client-typescript'.

tsconfig.json is

"compilerOptions": {
        "module": "amd",
        "moduleResolution": "node",
        "sourceMap": true,
        "esModuleInterop": true,
        "noImplicitAny": true,
        "target": "es5",
        "declaration": true,
        "emitDecoratorMetadata": true,
        "experimentalDecorators": true,
        "lib": [
          "es2015",
          "dom"
        ],
        "removeComments": false,
        "suppressImplicitAnyIndexErrors": true,
       "typeRoots": [
           "../../node_modules/@types/"
        ]
      },
      "compileOnSave": true,
      "exclude": [
        "node_modules/*"
      ],
      "include": ["**/*.ts", "**/*.tsx"]
}

new to typescript (using VS Code) so not sure what I’m missing…?

1 Like

I asked about your issue and have been informed that you’re not following the import procedure from the documentation correctly.

CORRECT: import { Client } from '@neon-exchange/api-client-typescript';

INCORRECT: import { Client } from './node_modules/@neon-exchange/api-client-typescript';

Thanks for the reply, yes I’ve already tried the suggested method per the documentation and it fails with the same error (see attached screenshot).

I’m guessing it has something to do with how I’ve setup my project or environment (Visual studio code) is this the best place to ask this question or should I be posting this elsewhere?

Also is there a sample Typescript project that’s set up correctly someone from the team or community has made that we can fork? (Was planing on making one myself but obviously haven’t succeed yet.)

Thanks in advance.

I’m not sure where the best place is to ask about this, unfortunately. I’ve consulted with the developers again.

It’s possible you didn’t install the dependencies correctly. Try:
yarn add @neon-exchange/api-client-typescript

A sample project can be found here: https://gitlab.com/nash-io-public/nodejs-client-sample/blob/master/client.js

Hope that helps.

Just wanted to scoot by and say that I seem to share the same issues with @CypherInvestor, so he’s not alone on this.

@CypherInvestor you need to do yarn install at the root folder of the project after adding it to the project yarn add @neon-exchange/api-client-typescript. Several of our developers use VSCode so that is not the issue.

As Chris shared there is a example here: https://gitlab.com/nash-io-public/nodejs-client-sample

The example above is a bit outdated (2mo) but it has the proper project setup, so you could get it and just edit to code your bot.

1 Like

I’ve got it working with @neon-exchange/api-client-typescript@2.1.40:
yarn add @neon-exchange/api-client-typescript@2.1.40

With latest @neon-exchange/api-client-typescript@2.1.41 I also got the same error message.

Here is my tsconfig.json :

"compilerOptions": {
    /* Basic Options */
    // "incremental": true,                   /* Enable incremental compilation */
    "target": "es6",                          /* Specify ECMAScript target version: 'ES3' (default), 'ES5', 'ES2015', 'ES2016', 'ES2017', 'ES2018', 'ES2019' or 'ESNEXT'. */
    "module": "commonjs",                     /* Specify module code generation: 'none', 'commonjs', 'amd', 'system', 'umd', 'es2015', or 'ESNext'. */
    "lib": ["es2015", "dom"],                             /* Specify library files to be included in the compilation. */
    // "allowJs": true,                       /* Allow javascript files to be compiled. */
    // "checkJs": true,                       /* Report errors in .js files. */
    // "jsx": "preserve",                     /* Specify JSX code generation: 'preserve', 'react-native', or 'react'. */
    // "declaration": true,                   /* Generates corresponding '.d.ts' file. */
    // "declarationMap": true,                /* Generates a sourcemap for each corresponding '.d.ts' file. */
    // "sourceMap": true,                     /* Generates corresponding '.map' file. */
    // "outFile": "./",                       /* Concatenate and emit output to single file. */
    "outDir": "./dist/",                        /* Redirect output structure to the directory. */
    // "rootDir": "./",                       /* Specify the root directory of input files. Use to control the output directory structure with --outDir. */
    // "composite": true,                     /* Enable project compilation */
    // "tsBuildInfoFile": "./",               /* Specify file to store incremental compilation information */
    // "removeComments": true,                /* Do not emit comments to output. */
    // "noEmit": true,                        /* Do not emit outputs. */
    // "importHelpers": true,                 /* Import emit helpers from 'tslib'. */
    // "downlevelIteration": true,            /* Provide full support for iterables in 'for-of', spread, and destructuring when targeting 'ES5' or 'ES3'. */
    // "isolatedModules": true,               /* Transpile each file as a separate module (similar to 'ts.transpileModule'). */

/* Strict Type-Checking Options */
    "strict": true,                           /* Enable all strict type-checking options. */
    // "noImplicitAny": true,                 /* Raise error on expressions and declarations with an implied 'any' type. */
    // "strictNullChecks": true,              /* Enable strict null checks. */
    // "strictFunctionTypes": true,           /* Enable strict checking of function types. */
    // "strictBindCallApply": true,           /* Enable strict 'bind', 'call', and 'apply' methods on functions. */
    // "strictPropertyInitialization": true,  /* Enable strict checking of property initialization in classes. */
    // "noImplicitThis": true,                /* Raise error on 'this' expressions with an implied 'any' type. */
    // "alwaysStrict": true,                  /* Parse in strict mode and emit "use strict" for each source file. */

/* Additional Checks */
    // "noUnusedLocals": true,                /* Report errors on unused locals. */
    // "noUnusedParameters": true,            /* Report errors on unused parameters. */
    // "noImplicitReturns": true,             /* Report error when not all code paths in function return a value. */
    // "noFallthroughCasesInSwitch": true,    /* Report errors for fallthrough cases in switch statement. */

/* Module Resolution Options */
    "moduleResolution": "node",            /* Specify module resolution strategy: 'node' (Node.js) or 'classic' (TypeScript pre-1.6). */
    "baseUrl": "./",                       /* Base directory to resolve non-absolute module names. */
    // "paths": {},                           /* A series of entries which re-map imports to lookup locations relative to the 'baseUrl'. */
    // "rootDirs": [],                        /* List of root folders whose combined content represents the structure of the project at runtime. */
    // "typeRoots": [],                       /* List of folders to include type definitions from. */
    "types": ["node"],                           /* Type declaration files to be included in compilation. */
    "allowSyntheticDefaultImports": true,  /* Allow default imports from modules with no default export. This does not affect code emit, just typechecking. */
    "esModuleInterop": true                   /* Enables emit interoperability between CommonJS and ES Modules via creation of namespace objects for all imports. Implies 'allowSyntheticDefaultImports'. */
    // "preserveSymlinks": true,              /* Do not resolve the real path of symlinks. */
    // "allowUmdGlobalAccess": true,          /* Allow accessing UMD globals from modules. */

/* Source Map Options */
    // "sourceRoot": "",                      /* Specify the location where debugger should locate TypeScript files instead of source locations. */
    // "mapRoot": "",                         /* Specify the location where debugger should locate map files instead of generated locations. */
    // "inlineSourceMap": true,               /* Emit a single file with source maps instead of having a separate file. */
    // "inlineSources": true,                 /* Emit the source alongside the sourcemaps within a single file; requires '--inlineSourceMap' or '--sourceMap' to be set. */

/* Experimental Options */
    // "experimentalDecorators": true,        /* Enables experimental support for ES7 decorators. */
    // "emitDecoratorMetadata": true,         /* Enables experimental support for emitting type metadata for decorators. */
  }
1 Like

@canesin are the api urls on https://api-ts-docs.nash.io/index.html correct?
Shouldn’t apiURI and casURI be swapped?

@laurens55 it seems you’re right 2.1.40 works fine. I’m not sure what’s different in 2.1.41 but it doesn’t work.
Thanks for the info!:+1:

Are there plans for an official python API client? Additionally, I was wondering if there is generic API documentation available. Right now I can only find the docs for the typescript client.

1 Like

Also curious about this as there seems to be no bots atm