The extention is pretty crappy, needs heavy rework

Here are the problems i have with it, thus far, and primarily showing my frustration towards this extension.

1. It forgot me twice already, asking me to login again. No remember option. (Maybe a security risk, but you still need a pass to interact with the extension, no?)
  2. Logging in is not working, the username and password do not match, apparantly.
  3. The backup code is not working.
  4. Resetting with the private key works, and then i can login again and access the forum(and the username and password are then accepted)
  5. I dont get or am well explained why i need the secure word and color.
  6. The extension doesn’t work on mobile devices, thus i can only use this community on a PC.
  7. You need to load 1 nex into the wallet. Or what i did, link the private key of nash itself into the extension. I don’t like to do that, but the alternative is to transfer 1 nex purely to access the community, which is also seperating funds to places that i dont want.

Hopefully this whole extension can be avoided to access the community in the future.

1 Like

Se responses below:

1. It forgot me twice already, asking me to login again. No remember option. (Maybe a security risk, but you still need a pass to interact with the extension, no?)

Remember option is a security risk but they extension shouldn’t be forgetting you unless you are clearing out your data or uninstalling the extension and reinstalling.

1. Logging in is not working, the username and password do not match, apparently.

This is straightforward, you must be entering them wrong, mine always work.

1. The backup code is not working.

Not really sure what “backup key” you are referring to, private key is what restores the login of the wallet.

1. Resetting with the private key works, and then i can login again and access the forum(and the username and password are then accepted)

This is correct as this is what it was designed to do.

1. I dont get or am well explained why i need the secure word and color.

Reference this: https://support.nash.io/hc/en-us/articles/360006287433-Account-security-Visual-signature

1. The extension doesn’t work on mobile devices, thus i can only use this community on a PC.

The team is aware and they have stated they will look to implement this down the line. For now, this is the workaround: Why do we still require NEX extension wallet to login to Nash community

1. You need to load 1 nex into the wallet. Or what i did, link the private key of nash itself into the extension. I don’t like to do that, but the alternative is to transfer 1 nex purely to access the community, which is also separating funds to places that i dont want.

You only need to transfer NEX once to set the account up, then you can transfer back and never do it again, the 1 NEX requirement is to prevent spam on the forums from outside public as anyone that wants to do that will need to go out of their way to buy NEX and register making it not worth the work

3 Likes

i am not entering the login data wrong.
when restoring the username, there is a backup key you got at account creation that you can use- it doesn’t work.

It’s just quite buggy and frankly poorly designed or build. needs a overhaul.

Please send an email regarding this issue to support@nash.io or chat with the support team during our regular business hours. Thanks!