Some bugs and ideas for fixes

Hi there

I’d like to give some feedback on the exchange and the iOS app on what you could improve.

First when I open the iOS App I don’t land on the page where I can enter the 2FA. Instead I see a page that says fails to load… but if I turn back to the home screen and open the App again, I can unlock my account and then I can enter my 2FA. Please fix this that this window opens directly when I open the app.

Secondly on the web exchange, I noticed that the 1h, 6h, 12h chart for BTC/USDC only has very limited data… only couple days back. When I then switch to the daily chart everything is displayed properly with all the data. Please fix this too.

Sincerly,
Jan

4 Likes

I had this error, report this directly to support, it won’t get fixed here.

I have the same issue on my iphone. Will report it too

Thanks for posting @Jan! Welcome to the Community!

Happy Birthday @clare :cake: :fireworks:

3 Likes

I encountered a bug today while canceling this order:

After I canceled it, my USDC amount stayed the same as if I accepted the order. I was confused and started looking through my trading history if I had an order I maybe forgot about. When that didn’t help I checked the total value in my Nash channel and everything was there. I then re-entered the trading layout and USDC was refreshed properly.

Please note my PC is also kind slow so it may be even my fault. Nevertheless, not a pleasant experience.

1 Like

Some of my referrals reported difficulties with the KYC process, here is a quote from one of them;

Getting the back of my driving license scanned hands been so difficult. Been trying for last half hour

One of my contacts complained that the displayed currency option (available on mobile under Settings > General) is not available on desktop. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Today I bought some Neo and wanted to withdrawal to my personal account. After a successful purchase, my USDC amount was not refreshed for a few minutes (like I didn’t make any purchase). I tried browsing different categories (trade/funds/referrals) and reentering Trade section several times so it would be refreshed but it didn’t help. After some time it updated to correct value. Then I tried to send this Neo I bought from Nash channels to wallet and this is still ongoing. I don’t have Neo in the Nash channels but I don’t have it in my personal wallet either. I don’t know if this transfer failed or is it still ongoing. It’s been over half an hour like that. I don’t stress over it because I understand how the exchange works but these are the things that will make newcomers lose patience.

Also, sometimes when I issue an order, it is not seen in the Order menu (lower bottom left corner on Trade section) and this is usually resolved by exiting the Trade section (going go Funds for example) and then re-entering Trade. Also, changing trading pairs also serves as a manual refresh of some kind.

Slow PC on my side certainly can have some blame but all of the above happened on my laptop (1 year old, bought new, i5, 8GB RAM, dedicated GPU).

1 Like

My funds all at 0,00$ today. :pensive:

When I go trading, I see the correct value.

EDIT: now it’s OK. Please try to work on this since newcomers would not tolerate this.

I just had a referral dropping out of Nash for good because he was unable to transfer Neo from his wallet to Nash channels from last Friday until today. He contacted support over the weekend and got a response yesterday, but nothing helped. This customer is agitated and not only he would never use Nash again, he would actively discourage others in doing so by telling his experience.

Even though I understand the frustration completely, I think the response is somewhat exaggerated. If you compare it with the alternative of CEXes, you can’t really call it worse. CEXes sometimes have wallet maintenance for awfully long times.

Anyway I get the frustration and I hope his issue can get fixed soon.

The thing is, I got this guy off of Binance to join Nash and his experience was that of Binance working smoothly to being unable to use Nash and facing various issues. I explained to him about those mainly being the issues related to blockchain and while he was understanding for 2-3 days, today he just lost his patience.

I understand, but what else can Nash do than try to get all transfer issues resolved? Binance had NEO wallet maintenance for a awful long time not that long ago btw.

The transfers on Nash already improved alot btw, I personally haven’t had issues anymore for a long time.

Also, the new retail focus relies less on wallet to channel transfers, so for new users it should be less of a concern.

Unfortunate for your friend, but this is just a small bump in the road, no need to make it bigger than it is.

@Garda Sorry to hear your referral had a bad experience. Deposits/withdrawals may be costly and sometimes slow while we wait for blockchains to improve, but at least they should feel safe. In this regard, Nash tech takes time to mature: I am 100% convinced we’ll see no such issues at one point, probably sooner than later.

@Mzer0ni I think the hardest part for Nash employees is having to endure complaints from the community when they know what is in the works. Working at a startup is always challenging, because by definition you have to work hard to insure your own future. I don’t know where you got your impressions from, but I’m sure all Nash employees are “developing [their] talents” and you should refrain from speaking in their names.

2 Likes

Yesterday, a work colleague of mine whom I onboarded on Nash had a very bad experience. The market was about to recover and he wanted to buy some crypto over Nash. He logged into the app but the UI was not working properly (the graphs were broken) and many of the features were unavailable. He tried updating the app but there was no update available although it looked like he didn’t use the latest version and some features were marked “coming soon” although they are already in use for some time. I checked my phone and everything was working fine.

He had no other option but to uninstall and reinstall the app.

When he did that, upon the new log-in the Nash app required a 6 digit 2FA number. He was confused because when he was using the 2FA he opted for Nash 2FA and not a 3rd party solution like the one from Google. He didn’t think a 3rd party 2FA was needed in this case but he also had no way of getting the 2FA from the Nash app.
Then he went to guess and try the Google 2FA but his 2FA key was at home. Several hours passed and he missed the market recovery (which he didn’t take too well) and then he tried with the Google authenticator which worked. However, here he encountered another smaller problem, since there are many 2FA apps (some of which may be scams) he needed to be careful to choose to official Google one.

When the user reinstalls the app and needs to enter the new 2FA please clearly state that the 3rd party authenticator should be used (no matter the fact that the user opted for the Nash auth before) and please provide a link to it.

The bug that started all this never should have happened in the first place so please take additional time when developing new features but reduce the bugs to a bare minimum. Both Nash exchange and app have too many bugs.

4 Likes

Hi Garda, please rest assured this does not fall on deaf ears. Thanks for the detailed feedback, much appreciated :pray:

2 Likes

I can’t reach the staking statements section in the desktop interface. I just get a blank white screen and the page won’t load. I use Firefox.

Thank you, team is aware and looking into it.

2 Likes

This has lost numerous Nash users;

I realize many things are not Nash’s fault but users lose patience regardless. Could Nash mitigate this by developing a better progress notification about the transfer rate? When a user sees 0/3 confirmations for a day or two they give up entirely but if there was a percentage rate that slowly fills up this would make sense for the user to have more patience. It’s not much but it would keep some users from abandoning the platform.

1 Like