Privacy policy and imprint

I found the privacy policy, but don’t you also need an imprint for the eu room? could be warned and cost money

sample for eu:

must be on the mainpage selectable like
privacy policy

push … was a topic today in telegram regarding trust. the lack of it suggests scam

1 Like

“Impressum” is only required in Germany, not the EU. It’s mandated by the Telemediengesetz.

This is why there is no translation of the term into other languages. “Imprint” is a Germanism and a more accurate translation would be “Legal notice”. It astonishes me how many large companies (e.g. N26) fail to have the term translated properly.

I will check if we need to add it for the purpose of Germany, though, but it might not be required since we’re not based in Germany.

If we do add it, it will have the correct translation :wink:

3 Likes

even if you don’t have to, it is still recommended. many people ask about legal stuff every day, FMA in telegram. The general rule in Germany is: no imprint → fake shop, you want to lose money, be careful. and you are not a webshop but act with high values. and you also rely on trust

1 Like

We will consider adding it. However, neither Coinbase nor Kraken bothers with it.

2 Likes

never looked.
i cannot select a german translation at kraken. you’re better there too. never orientate downwards :wink: was or is just up-to-date and you want to concentrate on the EU, hence the push. but you will certainly not fail because of it

I am from Germany and can confirm that a “legal notice” is an important information in Germany as well as in Austria.
Since it is law in Germany and Austria, people there are used to have it on trustworthy pages and are quite skeptical if this information is missing.
You are right, kraken and coinbase neither bother with it, but those are not the first choice for new people coming into the market (for german speaking region).

Maybe it seems a bit silly that this is so important but on the other hand, why not just simply add it to meet the culture there.

3 Likes