Planned maintenance schedule

Hi all,

Given we have a passionate community I wanted to preemptively answer two questions:

Why is Nash under maintenance? Is this expected?

Nash as a platform is in heavy development, as such we deploy constant improvements on several different areas, from admin features, interface updates, matching engine or settlement improvements to support tooling. Most of this updates are of a type called zero-downtime. A zero-downtime update is an update that is rolled into production on a manner that allows the systems to just continue to work, therefore this updates require no special communication.

Unfortunately not all updates can be zero-downtime. For those, we have the maintenance mode. During maintenance mode the system is split in two, one static page showing the maintenance notification and a parallel version running the new system in production. After quality assurance (QA) tests the new version comes online.

To decrease disruption we choose to perform the planned maintenance on a recurring time window when we have the least amount of visitors in the platform, as seen on the image below:

Our planned maintenance for the near term will be recurring on:

18:00 Wednesday, Central European Time (CET), which is:
17:00 Wednesday, Coordinated Universal Time (UTC),
22:30 Wednesday, in New Delhi, Delhi, India,
14:00 Wednesday, in Brasilia - Federal District, Brazil,
12:00 Wednesday, Eastern Time (ET),
11:00 Wednesday, Central Time (CT),
09:00 Wednesday, Pacific Time (PT)

This doesn’t mean the platform will always be unavailable on this time, as this is a floating target. We will communicate any unplanned action.

Best,

15 Likes

Since today i get this for all markets, i wonder why since i live in EU (The Netherlands) i should be able to trade?

Do I contact support or is this for everyone in EU?

I have the same problem, also living in the EU.

1 Like

Same here

1 Like

I’ve the same problem. Maybe it has something to do with the USDC markets. They were never shown before, but since the update they are visible to me in EU.

1 Like

Any reason why the buy page won’t load?

Yeah, me too. Now it’s loaded but there are no buying options.

It’s still just an MVP project.

BTC is added and all the ETH and NEO pairs are working now, only the USDC once are not.

1 Like

Just wait…hundreds of people checking this out atm

Easy with the aggression, you can talk to support any time if you are having issues. Also the size is the amount of in that case ETH you have your buy order for as shown in the bottom as well buy your orders.

I traded successfully, twice.

And what you call fake orders are not fake believe me. They might be from Nash team and be added and removed automatically to create an impression of movement, but they are real orders, which you can buy/sell into.

That being said the bugs you run into are pretty alarming, thanks for reporting them!

2 Likes

I agree. I don’t think there are any fake orders.

But @kazanchev has a point and these issues should be looked into. In the first situation I would expect to see the order on the buy side until it is filled and in the second one the orders up to 185.50 should be bought up with his order. I am curious what would happen if you place the limit order on 185.50 though. I think it will go through. Nevertheless, you are helping the platform with posting these issues, so that’s a good thing. (But please don’t use the swearing in your images, it works counterproductive)

1 Like

Slow on the conspiracy theory, we can’t technically fake orders. Thanks for the report @kazanchev, this issue should not happen. There is a problem on the caching of the component (the visual element of the order book) that is not updating correctly. Our engineers are looking into it.

But all orders are real and you can query the API directly. Here from Python.

4 Likes

about 4 days ago we deployed a change on how order data is delivered to the client, before the client would ask the server (pull) for the data. This means that we would have a given frequency (0.5s), so orders “appeared” as being processed only at that speed. So we refactored the order data delivery so that the server pushed (push) to the client the data, this way orders shows much faster.

It seems that on this refactor this bug was introduced in the order book component, something that shouldn’t happen and we are very sorry for it, it will be fixed asap.

12 Likes

@canesin: Hi Fabio, how do you feel about opening a specific post for user-feedback for the mvp, similar to what we used in the equilibrium-fase? I think it would provide valuable information on UX/UI for the team, and give the community a specific place where they could express their experiences and thoughts/ideas after using the platform. Imo, this feedback-loop worked like a charm before, so i don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t use it in this fase of the project.

@clare; Hi Clare, a few months ago, i’ve informed on here about the availability of tutorials/explanatory videomaterial about the platform. You’ve replied at the time that this material was available to you, but that the team preferred to wait with disclosing it, as it would show some of Nash’s latest designs. However, I haven’t seen any explanatory video’s since that time. I was wondering if I’ve missed something, because in the meantime i’ve already used the platform to trade eth against neo, and had to figure out everything myself. What’s the status on this issue?

Wish you both well!

Nick

2 Likes

Hi @Nickstar007 we continue to have the feedback loop. We are actually automating it now :smiley: …

1 Like

Keep up the good work :sunglasses::woman_farmer:

1 Like

When is Europe be able to trade USDC pairs ?
“You are unable to create orders on the exchange for this market in your region.”

And today we have the biggest volume since the launch $28000, well done! :slight_smile:

8 Likes