Personal empowerment to secure yourself

I must admit that I am continually appalled by the lack of knowledge that the overall crypto-community is in. We are all excited by buzzwords like “decentralization”, “non-custody”, “total sovereignty” and yet, most users are simply ill-informed of the fundamentals and knowledge of blockchain.

If you invested in the Nash ICO, you would have at least gone through a prolonged period of delay prior to the trading platform release yesterday. During such a long waiting moment, did you equip yourselves with quintessential knowledge of Bitcoin, blockchain and Nash?

Almost undoubtedly, the Nash token would make us/investors some healthy profits. But not knowing how blockchain functions can put yourself in a vulnerable position, especially when Nash cannot come to your rescue should you lose access to your mnemonic seed. This is literally the biggest difference between Nash and centralized exchanges (e.g., Binance, Coinbase).

I encourage the community to start reading books on this topic that will empower ourselves. Books that have helped me tremendously include:

1. The Internet of Money (Volume 1 and 2) by Andreas Antonopoulos
  2. Mastering Bitcoin by Andreas Antonopoulos - technical
  3. The Bitcoin Standard by Saifedean Ammous
  4. Programming Bitcoin by Jimmy Song - technical
  5. Inventing Bitcoin by Yan Pritzker

Ultimately, personal empowerment and development is the MOST IMPORTANT investment that one can make. Self-investment safeguards us from false knowledge, allowing us to filter out FUD.

I apologize for the long rambling. As I extend my best wishes to everyone in their financial investment, I ultimately hope that every investment begins with yourselves! #TrustYourselves

Go Nash (:nash_n:)! Go financial sovereignty!

14 Likes

Great post! And indeed it seems like lots of people don’t research, sadly.

1 Like

70% of the Posts and Questions in this forum can be solved with a little research and just by reading the FAQ. But it seems to me, that most People are either unwilling or just plain lazy and expect the Team to answer every little question and lead them by the Hand…

Thank you! Fabio and the Team for being this patient and friendly.

1 Like

Yes, appreciate the patience. I’m sure there were times when you were gritting your teeth. The patient does truly pay off.

Fact is in my humble opinion… users of Nash wont need to understand at all how block-chain works anymore than they understand how the internet works when they send an email.

Edit : If Nash is going to be a success and go mainstream we want users to just get benefits of disintermediation transferred to them ( we dont want them to have to be technical)

In offering this new system of disintermediated exchange we have passed on risk to the user/custodian.
I think Nash is working on mitigating this… one is a degree of centralisation offered as an option (over networks not nash) and the other is how we interact with blockchain as users (keys etc)