Our new strategy and roadmap

I probably will use both my current banking provider (also ING) and Nash as my banking provider. It all depends on what Nash will offer, when i get interest on the money on Nash and also free services I will probably use Nash as main and ING as a backup. Otherwise probably the other way around (Nash for interest on savings and ING for daily use). I basically only use their app since it’s easy to use and i can manage all my services on the app.

For crypto i already use Nash as my main account, i even have a ledger but i still prefer to use Nash since it’s alot easier to access and it’s also secure. When Nash has the banking services it could provide all my banking and crypto services in one single app. I think this could be a game changer for a lot of people to directly get a banking account and crypto account in one and receive high-yield savings on them.

3 Likes

Wait until the day you realize your bank can freeze your accounts. I thought this would never happen because I live in a western country but this happened to my wife and I not too long ago. My wife filed a complaint with our bank (a big bank) for charging unacceptably high fees on some transfers of which they had not informed her in advance. They blocked her accounts and consequently our joint account with the result that she could not receive wages and we could no longer pay bills. This for more than a week! This is of course unacceptable. Our subsequent complaint was never dealt with and we immediately changed banks. We can’t wait for the day that we don’t have to use a traditional bank anymore.

8 Likes

Not only that but soon banks could give you trouble for speaking your mind on social media so your bank account is literally impacting your freedom of speech and expression. This is all a part of growing centralization problem that blockchain is developed to counter against.

5 Likes

Cool Roadmap. #moonsoon :new_moon_with_face:

Will Nash offer (or incubate) some innovative DeFi solutions such as this one;

https://alchemix.fi/?fbclid=IwAR07w8bSe_oZXpSLNrwm9gXdeVoU5V1PemzNPrvm-Z0ApcjYQKhgXpu8_l0

You borrow funds and return them via yield of the staked collateral. I would like to see ideas like this incorporated and thriving on Nash so that the new DeFi projects ask Nash for their projects to be featured on Nash (considering the unique benefits Nash brings).

3 Likes

Am I wrong or was yesterday’s post an announcement of the announcement since nothing is live yet?

An announcement of an announcement has the form: “Next week we will be announcing some big news!” We teased the DeFi.Edition conference presentation in this way, where we announced the Aave integration.

This post is not an announcement of an announcement. We are confirming that Aave will make use our fiat gateway, not announcing some future announcement.

3 Likes

Yesterday’s post looked very similar to the announcement we got when the AAVE partnership what originally revealed. There is no new info in yesterday’s announcement so I’m not sure what was the point. We probably have a different view on this but yesterday’s post could have been interpreted as the announcement of a future announcement of AAVE trading being live. Otherwise, I don’t see the point of confirming something that was already revealed and expected.

If you try hard enough, you can interpret anything to mean anything. But I think most people would agree that an announcement of an announcement has a specific form: “We will be making an announcement on X date.” We did not do that here.

The community was not entirely sure that this integration was taking place, so there was a clear purpose to this tweet – as with all our tweets.

2 Likes

Talk abt splitting hairs, let the team do their thing, jeez

9 Likes

It could also be the case that Nash did all of their work and now it’s up to AAVE to update their interface. I believe this was the right way of communicating this (if that was the case).

1 Like

You took Chris’s words out of context. He never said there was some big news coming.

2 Likes

My mistake, I was reading while driving :flushed: ( excuse me )

:scream: Reading while driving?? Is that allowed in the US? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I love this vibes :smiley:
I drive for a living, so eating, reading, writing, listening - are part of driving this days :wink: ( this is why I asked if we can have audio version of our blog :yum:)
I am very careful doing all this ( not a driving advice :grin:)

2 Likes

I would like to know more specifics about the AAVE partnership in terms of how Nash will be used. Apart from buying AAVE coin with fiat, since AAVE is a savings/staking protocol I assume Nash will be used for converting AAVE dividends to fiat similar to Nash staking. So if a EU/UK AAVE user is staking their coin and gets a daily or monthly dividend, he would use Nash to cash out in fiat, right?

So is this the gist of the partnership? Have I understood it correctly?

1 Like

So technically AAVE is a lending platform, not staking. This means what you deposit on their platform is then used by borrowers (who post collateral). The AAVE profile goes over this.

As far as how Nash will use AAVE’s protocol, Kellogg goes over it at his Conference.Exchanges DeFi.Edition presentation. In a nutshell, Nash plans on integrating their high-interest fiat savings accounts with AAVE in order to earn APY that matches AAVE’s rates.

• One-click transfer of fiat currencies to a high-interest DeFi earnings account

• Directly connected to your Nash bank account, coming later this year

• The easiest way to earn interest in DeFi

8 Likes

Fantastic reply as always, your effort is much appreciated.

So I am right to assume that buying of AAVE is just a first layer of Nash/AAVE cooperation with more in depth integration yet to be realized? If yes, when is that expected?

2 Likes

So I am right to assume that buying of AAVE is just a first layer of Nash/AAVE cooperation with more in depth integration yet to be realized

Correct. Nash will have AAVE purchaseable with fiat (now live as of today’s tweet), as well as using their protocol to super-power our high-interest savings account.

On AAVE’s end, they will be integrating Nash’s 3rd party fiat ramp into their platform. AAVE users will be able to ramp fiat into USDC for direct use on the AAVE platform! :1st_place_medal:

9 Likes

All the pieces are falling into place, love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like