NEX vs Everyone : Competitive Landscape

See the thing is nex can come with innovative ideas , but every other Dex can simply copy that feature. And moreover no grandma is going to get huge volume which majority of btc bag holders do. Of course I agree that everyone should able to login without any keys etc stuff. But here first mover advantage should be grabbed by nex team. And binance cz has tweeted something which makes it more competitive. Check it

Correct me if I am wrong here, because I haven’t looked into it at all.

Exactly what blockchain are they using? One second blocktime, with a one confirmation finality makes it sound like they are using their own centralized blockchain with a centralized consensus. (maybe an ETH fork or something with a consensus tweak?). So you may own your own keys to a centralized chain, that Binance controls. Exactly how is that any different than them holding all your information/keys on a centralized server with control over it.

5 Likes

I think this is actually good news for NEX. First because it gives NEX team a sneak peak at what they will be up against. Second because Binance - the most reputable CEX - is showing its intent to transition into a DEX : it validates to the eye of the general public that DEXs are the next step for exchanges, which will in time bring more popularity and volume to NEX.

1 Like

Hey Guys,
I know that on the short term we may not face these guys but since NEX is aiming to be #1 and since I believe that within the next decade companies will be looking into even tokenising their share. We will end up with a lot of digital securities.
Hence the list I cam across of potential direct and indirect competitor to NEX. Many of them are tackling a particular angle of the market though. @canesin @ethan

3 Likes

I feel Nex need to improve the partnerships in ethereum blockchain projects. Nex has one advantage in neo community as many would partner with Nex now O3 is aslo doing big in neo and ont community I don’t know if it’s a competition for nex. Because many are aiming to build same but whoever partners with more blockchain communities they would be having more volume indirectly. Like nos, Phantasm will use Nex . Let’s hope to see more partnerships with ethereum and many more blockchains soon.

1 Like

@Ashrith I agree and more partnerships will be revealed in time.

Yeah , I was the one who asked the same question before too , was just answering him .

@Ashrith Will be interesting to see what partnerships they have made. I hadn’t really even thought about the potential from those alone, integrating nex into their products. Will watch with interest

I wouldn’t be surprised if they had some partnerships with relayers similar to 0x, Loopring, etc. Getting excited to see what comes from it all.

Yeah , 0x has very huge partnerships within ethereum eco system and out too. Even coinbase purchased a paradex a Dex with 0x protocol integration. Things are moving fast and they even change fast . Let’s hope the best

Honest curiosity for someone in the community to compute: What is the combined volume of those

huge partnerships

?

@Ashrith what you feel is not important, what is needed is. Focusing on the product and a few partners that can help us define it is much better than doing a gazillion of hand shakes that don’t contribute to the project.

12 Likes

@HarrisonP nice JPG, can you actually do a SWOT analysis of those players ? Add to the mix some more traditional ones, like CB, Bitstamp, Binance. We do have internal research but if the community post it here I would be happy to go deeper in some of the little players (as we tend to focus on the top ones).

3 Likes

@canesin Sure thing. Cannot confirm how long this is going to take though ^^’
I believe it is good for the community to know a bit of what the competition is doing whether big or small. It allows us to be more knowledgeable on the topic(s) and get our Word-of-Mouth more efficient :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone wants to help? that’s 25 companies to look at, we could spread it to 1 company for 1 Nexer or 5 for 1? this would get done much faster.

2 Likes

It would be helpful if you could do one as an example to understand what we should look at. Would be happy to help

I, for one, am extremely exhausted by ‘huge partnerships’ in the crypto space. Just build cool stuff. Focus on that. NEON Wallet is very impressive, shows what can be done when you just DO that. F the partnerships. Build. Perfect.

1 Like

If you start a google spreedsheet, I will help you with the SWOT analysis of the competitors whenever I have time (we can knock this out in a week or two depending on contributors).

I started doing a write-up on Binance, but this might be more useful?

2 Likes

I will help too. I will take the last three. Polymath, VnX and Bancor

2 Likes

My favorite thing is the memorandum of understanding (MOU). Take pictures of the executives shaking hands and sign papers that are not legally binding.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

For your list, OWN (CHX) is way ahead of many and a strong contender in the security tokens platform arena.
Worth checking

1 Like

For sure bro. I see OWN as a promising project with super cool token metrics.