NEX tokenomics AMA

This means that only bonus is expiring? Or receiving the dividends in general after the specified time below when you are holding less then 10k NEX?
(i am confused, anyone please help me understand. It’s 3:30 :clock330: at night and I can’t sleep thinking about it) :point_down:

Excuse me for overreacting, looks like only bonuses are expiring :grimacing:

2 Likes

Am also happy with the new tokenomics! :slight_smile:
Would indeed be nice to get estimations/calculations. And I would also like to have an explanation on “package management fees” → is this part of the profit that goes to the management team? (so 90% to management team, 10% to nex holders?)

1 Like

I am concerned about this statement:

A stock dividend “which usually sit[s] at around 4-6%” is expressed as a percentage of stock price, not as a percentage of profit. So you did not make an apples to apples comparison with 10% vs 4-6%. Please clarify.

5 Likes

Posting these questions on behalf and at the request of Nakayoshi Koyoshi:

"Does USDC generation for NEX token dividend distribution or exchange of corporate profits (90%) to legal tender go through the Nash matching engine (max dividend 75% share)?

In addition, does it qualify for the 10% share of the Nash Fiat Gateway fee?

Also, are there any other potential profit sharing that can be generated by domestic demand?"

4 Likes

Pretty happy with tokenomics, looking forward to IBANs etc

Is there ever going to be a problem with NEO 3.0 when tokens are staked on the old NEO network?

Has the team done a risk assessment regarding NEO/NEO 3.0? Does NEO add more technical debt than it’s worth at this point is it not removing NEO completely when possible to focus fully on ETH, Layer 2’s and other L1’s that have more traction such as AVAX, Terra etc

Thanks,
Connor

Thanks

1 Like

Could you please specify the competition that was taken in consideration?

From original vision out of 1000 NEX with 10B volume we would have: (my estimated wait time was 5 years to achieve such volume)

With current 10% profit (just an estimate):

10M total company profit per year, sharing 10% of that with NEX holders would provide 1.66 $ Per month if you hold 1000 NEX in your wallet.

We paid 1000$ for 1000 NEX iCO price.
Receiving 20 $ per year from 10M total profit is about 2% ROi per year on my initial 1000$
Special promotions (not predictable) might add 2% and this is still lower then anything I hear in crypto.
Referrals could add 2% (but all of my friends and family are in already, not an option for me)

I truly hope to get a different point of view from Nash team :handshake:

1 Like

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone involved with creating the new token economics article. I appreciate the time and thought that went into it.

Q1:
Can you please define the ‘earnings package management fees’?
I understand the key revenue from Earnings is to provide a lower APY than the original layer of each yield protocol and to pocket the balance. For example; Anchor offers 20% APY but Nash can offer 16% and pocket the remaining 4%. Please confirm this is the ‘earnings package management fees’ and not the Fee which are charged for the user to Add and Withdraw funds from earnings?

Q2;
I understand NEX can no longer be seen as a stand alone revenue sharing token, but do you think NEX has the capability of achieving an APY that will match the APY’s from the likes of the Anchor Protocol (15%+)? (solely talking dividends)
My guess is part of the new token economics was to make it difficult to compare the APY from NEX to the APY on Earnings accounts due to the fee-saving options offered by holding NEX.

Q3a
Who is the Target Audience for Nash app?
Q3b
A company named ‘Meow’ is seeing high demand from institutions. They offer 4% stable coin yield.
What are the key milestones Nash need to achieve to open its doors to family offices and institutions?

Q4.
How many active users is Nash aiming to have by year end 2022?

4 Likes

Other fiat gateway providers, the likes of Ramp and Transak, are continually expanding the tokens that they offer and taking advantage of the growing ecosystems in crypto, whereas Nash has yet to make any real headway.

Will we see a change in that regard or is the focus mostly tied to Earnings? Perhaps something for the future?

3 Likes

I really like the new tokenomics. I also like how I will be paid dividends directly into my Nash IBAN in my local currency when I request payment, and not daily in the form of crypto, as this saves me a tax headache.

I’m impressed with how the token ties into Earn. Lifetime 1% for holding 10k really adds incentive to hold that much. Will this nex amount ever change inline with the token price? As best case scenario, if nex was to moon, it might not be beneficial to buy/hold that much, depending on the amount of Earn money that person has referred.

With the L2 exchange out of the picture (for now at least) it seems to me that the only realistic way of earning more than the apy’s on offer by holding nex is to is to generate profit for Nash in the form of referrals for the earn product.

The first question my friends & family will ask me will be if their funds would be safe. Their risk tolerance is much lower than the average crypto user. I strongly believe they would much prefer their funds be insured, but paid a lower apy to compensate for this. Will future iterations of Nash Earn offer this?

3 Likes

Assuming the Nash integration of Anchor pays 13.5% APY, I was wondering if there will be a way in which early Nash supporters also will be able to get the same rates on their own money as those they refer (assuming they have 10k NEX) which would then amount to 14.5% APY.

In a way, it might not really matter as early supporters could technically compensate via referrals and having the chance to get into NEX early. Nevertheless for the purposes of perception, it would then possibly appear as if a newly referred account then might be better than older accounts. I am not sure how viable it would be to look at this as Nash of course also has its own operating costs and growth metrics it tries to reach.

Would it be viable to offer that extra 1% on earnings for the early accounts in case these have say X NEX, which may be a number higher than 10,000…say 15,000, 20,000 or 50,000 NEX?

There are also alternatives of course. Perhaps the Nash team has already thought about this and this potential design issue is smoothed out with an ability to earn more with liquidity provision up to a similar maximum bonus. Assuming new entrants also can get a liquidity provision earnings bonus on top of the referral bonus, it would perhaps imply that the early accounts would have to provide slightly more liquidity for a similar bonus.

Looking at the length of time since account creation might be another option on which the bonus can be enabled / disabled, but then this aspect would not entirely be two directional. Other alternatives might be something like community points which can be given in case an early member helps other (new) users out and then also gets the higher earnings bonus. I am just throwing it out there as something that possibly has a minor design flaw and could perhaps be even better. Maybe there are way better solutions to address this than anything I have mentioned.

2 Likes

Thanks for your questions, everyone! The thread will now be locked. We’ll get back with responses as soon as we can.

No, this isn’t something we’re considering. Rewards are already structured so that holders receive more dividends the more NEX they have.

1 Like

The Layer-2 exchange still plays a very important role for the business and will not cease to exist. We’re still working on improving it – see our recent integration with Woo. When our other products are in place, we will dedicate more resources to the L2 again. As for staking, it’s up to you. Staking will continue to function just like the STO: fees from the L2, with no other features planned. That’s not something we can change. However, going forward, we want NEX to be as easy to use as possible in relation to our new products – so we’re not considering adding more features that involve staking there.

2 Likes

See the response to Crome above. The exchange still plays an important role for the business. It’s up to users whether they want to stake now and gain revenue shares from L2. Existing stakes are eligible for the new NEX rewards, so people who staked already aren’t excluded.

1 Like

No. Nash is not allowed to sell the NEX token without another formal public offering. Providing liquidity is effectively doing that. However, we are confident in the rewards scheme we’ve put in place to improve liquidity on NEX secondary markets.

No. The reason is the same as above – we’re not allowed to sell the NEX token. However, if you receive your dividends in USDC on Polygon, it should be relatively straightforward to exchange them yourself on secondary markets integrated into the app.

It’s always an option, but we don’t think there is any need for it right now.

2 Likes

Yes, existing referrals will be eligible for the new program. They will count as referred on the day the new program goes live. So please get back in touch with your family and friends and encourage them to add funds to Earnings :slight_smile:

The reward is allocated daily with dividends, so it will reflect your referrals’ balance on each day.

No, this won’t be possible. We’ll use daily wallet snapshots taken at a random time.

All immediately planned products (e.g. new earnings packages) fall within the broader categories of the existing products, which are accounted for by the new tokenomics.

We’re considering the revenue streams in isolation when distributing profits. So the profit from each stream is the revenue minus simple operating costs like smart contract fees. We’re not counting everyone’s salary, marketing budget, and so forth and distributing from a global company profit. We will be distributing 10% profit from each of the streams before Nash the company is profitable as a whole.

6 Likes

This is a good question. On the one hand, as a private company, Nash is not obliged to share any financial information. On the other, the usage of services like Earnings and DEX markets is relatively straightforward for users to track on the blockchain. It’s also useful information for token holders. Our position is as follows: In the short term, it’s not in Nash’s interests to publish metrics from all our services. We’ve not seriously started acquiring users yet. So making those metrics public and prominent won’t reflect well on us. However, once interest in Nash picks up and we have numbers we are proud of, then yes, we will consider providing a simple API to offer details on our revenue streams to token holders. For now, however, the community will be able to track progress on the blockchain and use the unofficial tools it’s so good at developing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nash will never be able to provide such a calculator officially, for legal reasons. However, the community has already begun working on one. Community-built tools will become more reliable when we are in a position to make official metrics available via API (see my response to luckymushroom above).

Unfortunately, this is just the nature of taking on risk when investing and staking tokens. STO investors staked to profit from the L2, which they invested in specifically. They also checked multiple boxes when they staked to say they knew what they were doing, including a box that said staking might not deliver large rewards. Nash delivered the L2, but unfortunately didn’t find the market we wanted yet. We have now added products that will help us achieve greater adoption, and all original investors are given the chance to profit from those new products.

2 Likes

The profit share is simply 10% from each core revenue stream. Profit is revenue minus the basic operating costs like smart contract fees.

2 Likes