NEX tokenomics AMA

Nice update, I’m very postive about the new tokenomics in general. A few questions came to mind when reading them:

1. Are these new proposed tokenimcs set in stone or are they subject to change? If I understand it correctly the up to 75% revenue share of L2 exchange fees was written in the prospectus and therefore cannot change anymore. What about the new 10% profit share of new revenue streams? Can this possibly change in the future?

2. In the article it says 10% profit share from all core services and then sums up what the current (and near future) core services are. What if in the more distant future Nash expands with new services. Are those automatically added to the 10% profit share?

3. I think some others had a similar question. The dividends from new core services are a profit share instead of revenue share. Which costs are deducted from revenue before calculating dividends? For example are salaries deducted? Is it possible to give some concrete estimates of profits from the core services? For example Nash has a 1% fee on fiat ramps. If someone buys 100 euro of btc through Nash fiat ramp, the Nash fee is 1 euro. How much of this 1 euro is profit?

5 Likes

You should ask a lot of these question to FLM as well. NEO hasn’t exactly been kind to Nash so why extend a hand when Nash wasnt part of FLM discussions?

And the ledger thing is laughable. They cant figure it out? Why hasnt O3 helped them? Or do they not know how to look at github? Then you trust them to build a defi app?

1 Like

Is there any indication on what the increased crypto cashback will be for the debit card? As in, how much NEX will be required to hold to receive a certain increased crypto back?

Also, will the cryptoback be in Bitcoin? Or will they be in NEX to further increase NEX being pushed into people’s hands?

Example: Crypto.com has 2% back for a $400 stake, 3% for $4000, 5% for $40,000, 8% for 400,000 with their rewards being paid in CRO.

Also, will there be any further benefits to the Nash Card such as Netflix or Spotify rebates like Crypto.com does?

3 Likes

I think O3 is done to the NEO community. They dont even keep their wallet support up to date and now Flamingo is looking into Neon. When that happens, O3’s days with NEO are pretty much done for good. What I’m saying is nash marketed itself as an alternative to a Ledger, why not use that with Flamingo since Flamingo is the future of NEO now.

1 Like

Great questions for FLM, maybe they should try reaching out! Also ask how they were able to convince NEO to make a contract change that NASH requested 2+ years ago.

1 Like

Hello thank you for the AMA, I personally really like the tokenomics especially the increasing incentives for more NEX held (if that is something that could be expanded on that would be even more incentive to hold more).

My question is:

When/if Nash brings new products online, will these also get the 10% of profits going towards Nex holders? Eg. Debit fees/Loans (if we ever went that route).

Keep up the good work team!

3 Likes

We lost nothing, and gained ALOT. Thank you all for the NEX expansion! Polygon will be a great home.

A couple questions…

1. Is Polygon now the home for NEX or is this an expansion and a 3rd chain option? Is NEX still officially a NEP-5?

2. For the DEX liquidity incentives, it’s mentioned that NEX balances will increase/decrease with trading of course. Will Nash be holding the LP tokens from those that add liquidity to prevent it from trading? Value incentive based on LP will be tricky. Also, LP can be moved from wallet to wallet so could non-kyc send LP to KYC wallets to collect dividends? How would kyc LP be separated from non-kyc LP? Probably too early to answer all this.

3. Is Nash still focused on maintaining non-custodial? A hybrid? Can we enter a voluntary custodial option to increase TVL for Nash in some way? NEX staking as a single asset removes a lot of potential value especially as NEX hits bigger numbers. Could this lead to an option in the future to borrow collateral against staked NEX? Similar to bLUNA and Anchors borrow function

4. What can WE do for NASH? Our community feels under utilized and I understand that Nash can only do so much to create value on the legal end of things, but with Polygon comes new options. How can the community bring new value? Could Nash work with us on community initiatives?

Dont listen to any negative noise on this change. We see what youre building so please keep up the great work!

5 Likes

Mine is more a statement rather than a question: given the new tokenomics, I think it is now absolutely needed a transparent way (APIs, blockchain addresses etc.) to track platform volumes (exchange+earnings+swap+everything else will come), earnings and costs: trust yourself was the claim, I hope you won’t ask us to trust someone else but ourselves.

8 Likes

To be honest I am disappointed
Abandoning l2
Abandoning Series A
10% that too profit sharing (not revenue)- Devil lies in the detail.
TVL should exceed 20B to get any decent income from 10k NEX

Only fiat Euro allowed for earnings, secrecy around TVL , even 10m would be difficult to achieve and dividend would be around 13 USD per anum on revenue (not profit) for 10k NEX

Writing is on the wall. Based on above observations here are my questions

1- Why not disclosing TVL?

2- Profit = revenue - expense (which includes network/other fee) does it include running expense of the company as well?

3- What is the reason for not allowing crypto stable coins for earnings? If its problem of not having crypto Euro asset am I correct to think USD stable is not coming anytime soon as that would involve operating in US which is not in immediate future plans?

Thanks

5 Likes

Firstly, thank you to the Nash team for the evident work that was put into the additional tokenomics. NEX has truly been put at the forefront of the offered products, adding utility and numerous reasons beyond dividends for users to buy NEX. With dividends at 10% of profits on new products, it’s almost twice as much as the industry standard. You’ve even integrated means to incentivise investors to improve NEX liquidity that ties in to everything else, alongside a phenomenal referral programme. I’d describe the tokenomics as incredibly well rounded.

I have a few quick questions about the L2 exchange. This is still described as a “core product”, but also as a “legacy feature” by other Nash staff. Staff have also said that “nobody has said that the L2 won’t be a fundamental part of the business going forward”. However, I don’t think anything has actually been said about how it would be a fundamental part either (it is tied in to other things like Nash Link of course). We know that the other products are the focus right now, and there’s good reason for that, which has been discussed in length. Every person invested in NEX need Nash to succeed and grow, and as has been explained, this can’t happen if Nash share such a high amount of revenue as is offered from the exchange. The new products will give NEX and Nash the means it needs to succeed and grow.

I’m not trying to “dwell on the past” by asking the questions below. The future of NEX and Nash has been beautifully outlined and I’m excited for the future for the majority of the products offered. I’d just like to get some information on one of the “core products”, which hasn’t been outlined clearly in its future inclusion.

Please note that these questions aren’t (necessarily) asking about anything near-term with the exchange; Nash’s focus on other products and the reasons for this are crystal clear, but that isn’t to say that a carrot can’t be dangled to incentivise a bit of use :wink:.

1. A) Will there be marketing for the exchange at some point in the (distant) future?

2. B) Will there be “Special Promotions” directly related to the exchange in the near-term or the (distant) future at some point (e.g. things to incentivise traders as other exchanges do)?

3. Will the exchange be added to the mobile app in the (distant) future?

4. You said that sharing revenue of 75% (which is an insane amount when one thinks about it) is not a viable business model. Is this a viable business model for the exchange in the future when paired with the more realistic (and yet generous) 10% from the new products? Or in other words, will Nash profit enough from the potential use of the exchange to incentivise its promotion in the future, rather than as a backend legacy feature?

Thanks!

6 Likes

How much NEX is needed to provide 5000$ per month in dividends?
(just give me please an idea of what it takes, I really need to know it. Please paint a rough estimate for the flat 10%) (a formula for clarity please)

Thank you.

4 Likes

X profit * 0.1 / 50,000,000.

X profit is the amount of profit in a given period
0.1 is 10% of the profit
50,000,000 is the amount of NEX tokens the 10% profit is divided by.

So, for 100 million in profit (let’s say for the period of 12 months):

100,000,000 * .1 / 50,000,000 = $0.20 per NEX in dividends.

If you had 1,000 NEX in this scenario = $200 per year.
If you had 10,000 NEX in this scenario = $2,000 per year.

4 Likes
  • Is Nash considering retiring the L2 exchange and developing a non-custodial CEX solution?
    I am asking this because many of my referrals that initially used Nash left for platforms that offer more services (staking, trading many many coins, leverage trading, options, etc) and it would be great if Nash could offer services akin to competing platforms.

• Will there be new white-label partnerships similar to AAVE in new and upcoming DeFi projects?

• Some AAVE users complained that Nash doesn’t have a competitive rate so they mostly use other solutions. Will this be improved?

• Are there some Nash Link partnerships in the pipeline?

3 Likes

Is this 100,000,000 “profit” realistic to be achieved?
What the revenue should be in this case, 1B ?

It will take 300k NEX, with a 100m $ profit at 10%, to achieve 60k$ total = 5k $ dividends per month.

Hopefully “Nash team” will see it important to give us some realistic estimates :thinking:

3 Likes

Does this mean that it doesn’t matter how much the NEX token is priced at:
1$ or 1000$ per NEX, the return is going to be the same for the 10% revenue?

1,000 NEX at 100$ per NEX, total value 100,000$ will profit 200$ per year from 100m of Nash’s generated profit.
This can’t be right :face_with_monocle:. Why would someone pay more then 1$ for 1 NEX unless we 10X the profit to be at 1B per year, then we can pay 10$ per 1 NEX.

I am definitely missing something, please someone explain what’s wrong in my calculations?
Nash team please help me understand. ( to sell it, I have to see it, believe in it )

2 Likes

Hi Kellogg
I am sure this process has taken a lot of time and thinking, so well done to you and your team. Just a few questions:

1. What happens if Nash’s revenue/interest increases enormously? Say for example you make an annual profit of 500 million dollars or a billion dollars, will you consequently increase this current 10% allocation for investors? The general perception of Web 3 is a new “internet” where users and the community are the main beneficiaries of profit, as opposed to the old system where banks and big corporations took most of the profit. I believe that this was the reasoning behind the founders allocating a 75% revenue share for NEX holders. Keeping 90% of a huge profit to the company seems to go against this core ethos of Web 3.
  2. With the previous 75% model, we had a rough way of estimating potential profit. Like @Radu and others, I would also like more transparency on this. How do we verify the interest that Nash is paying out to investors? Will you be publishing the Total value locked (TVL) for earnings and similar products? Do you have a projection of expected profit over time? We had great promises with the L2 exchange that never materialised so it would be great to get some assurance on this.
  3. Are you happy to share your thoughts on new products that Nash is considering launching in future?
    Finally, the referral programs look interesting. I look forward to seeing how you make it the talk of the town, like Crypto.com did when they launched their exchange and products.
    Best wishes
9 Likes

Hey all I don’t want to cover what’s already been covered just some concerns about the static 10% profit value

At 10%
10mil profit (9 mill for nash to grow) 1mil/50mil nex

All good nash will needs those funds, but let’s look into the future 3-5years.

1bill profit (900mill now seems excessive for company funds) More could be shared with Nex holders in this case maybe up to 30%

Also the founders had great vision to lock revenue share through smart contracts, how do we know goal posts won’t move in the future?

6 Likes

Hey Nash Team,
thank you for the final tokenomics i believe it was a hard way for you but also for the Community.

Anyways here we are now.

10% sounds not that good when you expected much more but i understand the business and iam fine with it.

In my opinion the new tokenomics miss the 100% Nexholder who are here for the dividends.
I benefit if i ref people to earnings ( all people i know use nash since months, hope they will also count).
I benefit if i provide liquity.

I wish you would make nex tiers like:
Up to 1000Nex 10%
Up to 5000Nex 11%
Up to 10.000Nex 12%
Up to 25.000Nex 13%
50.000Nex and more 15%

Did you consider this? What is your opinion on this which would benefit the nex supporter and holders.

For now the revenue would be higher if i sell my nex and put the money into earnings.
Why should i hold nex and why will it generate more revenue in the long run than € in earnings?
For now 1$/nex is overvalued when i see the returns.

This is not an attack, i just want to know the view of the team and why we should value nex more than stable usdc.

Do you believe we could see 1Billion in earnings in 2022?
If not which numbers to you expect?

Thank you for this ama andthe hard work from the whole nash team.

Happy Christmas and a good 2022 for all!

7 Likes

For receiving unlimited dividends from referrals I need 10,000 NEX, what if the person I invited can afford only up to 200 NEX. Does this mean that 1% extra from my friend’s earnings will be for 1 month?
What will keep people interested after the profit sharing ends?
Would anyone with less then a whale :whale2: potential be interested in buying NEX token? It looks like it’s made for whales to benefit :face_with_monocle: If I am wrong, please correct me. How would someone with little money would have the chance to make any money? (let’s say that small investors have patience)

In 6 months most of my friends will be left behind :pleading_face: with small profits at the moment :disappointed: and with no chance to enjoy a better future where Nash is successful and gives back meaningful returns :pleading_face:

The only hope is the original vision that is not in focus at the moment, and God knows if it will ever be: 75% of revenue sharing.
The exchange was my dream that is actually capable of making a difference in small investors lives, by providing meaningful returns that compounded year after year for 10 years people with discipline but no much money could be out of poverty.

I have been dreaming for 4 years that everyone will have equal opportunities, please keep the dream alive.
You have less, you receive less, but why end the receiving if you have less? When those who have more just keep receiving even more.

I so much hope to be wrong, otherwise only :whale2: will make money. (10k NEX and up)
Probably holding NEX at 1$ is going to be encouraged by current token economics :worried:

I was wrong in the message above:

I just forgot for a moment about my friends and family who have much less then me. Not to mention the rest of the world that can’t afford 10k NEX

How am I supposed to look at my friends and family? Telling them that in 6 months they will be out of the game.

Paying 100$ for ETH transaction to invest in 200 NEX.
Receiving 1$ in dividends for 6 months.
Paying another 100$ to get out because the dividends ended and the best future is without them.

I even have thoughts that I will get banned for being so open about this.

No harm is intended. All the best to everyone. I just don’t want to enjoy the benefits alone.

3 Likes

Few more questions:

1. Seeing that Nash has conducted financial projections to determine 10% profit share on new products I assume it has also conducted projections for capturing market - can you share Earnings goals for Q1? H1? And for 2022?

2. Earnings has been available as a soft launch since August - any noteworthy insights from the past quarter?

3. How do the founders feel about the new tokenomics and general path moving forward?

4. Since this is AMA, what is the open banking repository on Nash GitHub intended for?

3 Likes