Neon wallet update

Anyone know when the neon wallet will be updated. I cannot access my NEX even though the NEX is stored in the wallet.
Any help is greatly appreciated

try using another wallet, like APH :slight_smile:

I get you. But I can’t use another wallet until I can access my NEX to send them to another wallet. :(:neutral_face:

I reached out to the big boss dog about this today.

4 Likes

you can use APH and login with your private key or ledger and send them to another wallet…

Please note the coins are not in the wallet itself. They are on the blockchain. The wallet is just a way of sending, receiving and viewing the coins/tokens.
I would personally recommend O3 wallet (if you use in combination with Ledger) above NEON wallet at the moment (however, screenshots of new NEON wallet version look pretty good).

Great. So hopefully my NEX will appear when I sign into the new wallet.

@Trust_Yourselves, @Valentin is saying you can use another wallet to access your funds by entering your backup private key in another wallet. It will retrieve all your balances from the chain since your tokens arent actually stored in the client itself. (i.e. you’ll be using your same address that you would be on NEON but in Aphelion).

1 Like

@NATENEX @Valentin great. Thanks for your help guys. Its amazing to only have 200 users on this community page so far, but still have such swift and helpful responses. Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m going to wait until new neon wallet is released to give @ethan support. If its still an issue then I’ll move to O3.

I have tested the new version of Neon and it appears to fix the issue with displaying NEP-5 tokens. Just wait for the official release :slight_smile:

In the meantime, you can sometimes get around the problem by changing the block explorer under ‘Settings’.

1 Like

Seems to work now

@chris.fenwick Thank you for this report specifically – NEP-5 tokens ‘vanishing’ have indeed been a big worry of mine – I get complaints from people every day that their GUARD has ‘vanished’. I have to patiently explain that it’s the wallet, and to wait for the next version :slight_smile: I will be delighted when I can give a download link. :slight_smile:

One more thing: It would be GREAT if the place consumers downloaded the wallet from was NOT GITHUB. Grandma lands on Github and feels like she’s been transported into a space shuttle control module. Github is a developer-y, nerd-like interface. We love it. Consumers HATE it. Please please please provide a consumer friendly download experience (not Github). Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@GuardianCircle if you go to their website they have nice friendly buttons to click on to download the executable/dmg/etc. :slight_smile:

https://neonwallet.com/

1 Like

Sorry for the delay everyone. As others have mentioned, the new version should be coming out tomorrow!

2 Likes

Ah they do. Sorry, my bad. I was thinking of Aphelion. Oy, sorry. Long day :slight_smile:

:see_no_evil:

1 Like

No worries! I feel the same way. nOS does the same thing, taking you to github even from inside the app. Hopefully these things get smoothed over time to help with adoption.

2 Likes