Nash Link growth

Nash Link has tremendous potential. Anyone can realize this half way through reading this blog post.

But it’s not there yet…

Right now, only paying from layer 1 (L1) - i.e paying directly from the blockchain - is enabled. In this state, Nash Link has basically no additional value compared to other existing solutions, apart maybe from the fact that it is nicely packaged in an easy-to-implement module for e-commerce site owners. When I say no additional value, I mean that BTC payments are still slow and costly. I’ve witnessed it first hand by making a purchase on the Nash Store: I paid over 10% of my purchase amount in network fees ($3+) and my payment didn’t arrive in time.

However, Nash has something no one else has: a functioning layer 2 implementation. When Nash enables L2 for Nash Link, anyone with a Nash account and funds in their “trading contract” - i.e on the L2 - will be able to pay instantly and with no network fee.

Of course, for Nash Link to become a success, it still requires to dramatically expand its merchants and Nash user base. That’s a big IF. What I want to tackle in this thread is how Nash can reach this Eldorado where the sheer size of the network for both merchants and users becomes enough of an incentive to attract more merchants and users.

Until then, how can Nash (Link) attract merchants and users?
A great example of a fintech company with similar goals which was very successful is PayPal. So how did PayPal get off the ground? They gave away money - $20, $10, $5. They had a signup and referral program that where costly but allowed them to reach critical mass very quickly.

The key word here is costly. I’m not sure Nash is in a position to give away millions as PayPal did. I have 2 ideas of how Nash could mitigate the financial loses of such a referral program:

Making sure the incentive money gets spent

When PayPal launched its referral program, you could literally just sign up, receive the incentive money, withdraw it and never use your PayPal account again. I’m sure there must have been a lot of abuse, so to circumvent this Nash could:

• require that users are at least Tier 1 to unlock the incentive money
  • make the incentive money only spendable using Nash Link, which could serve as an argument to onboard new merchants (“our users have free money to spend”)

Making the referral program self-sustained

Nash has a strong and dedicated community. Nash also has a security token which generates dividends on a daily basis, which are credited onto our accounts in the form of token dust. Currently this dust is sitting in all our accounts. Many have asked for a feature to convert into one asset, but in the meantime, what if you could donate your dust to help Nash. It comes down to re-investing your earned dividends into the growth of Nash, to make sure you earn more dividends in the future! Donating your dust would go into a special fund which is used exclusively to finance the referral program.

18 Likes

A fantastic Idea I am sure many in the community would be happy to do this!

1 Like

The good thing with the current L1 implementation is that everyone, nash user or not, can use nash link. As you mentioned the costs in fees are too high for the customer when making small orders. So, there need to be a way to reduce the costs to nearly zero without nash.

With the approach of using the nash L2 all costumers need to be part of nash to enjoy the advantage. If we can achieve this, this would be amazing. But staying realistic, this won’t happen in the short/mid term. Also in the long term this is pretty challenging. But still for us, nash costumers, L2 support for nash link will come.

What I want to say is, we need a solution where we capture the value of everyone, nash user or not, regarding payments without forcing them to be a nash user. Why? Because it doesn’t matter if the customer is a nash user or not. Nash link itself channels everything onto the exchange.

For me a promising solution would be the the lightning network. It is made for small transactions and it will fit the aspect of being available to everyone.

1 Like

@Symiaq, You raised a lot of great points. Basically, since to use Nash pay effectively you need to be a part of Nash, the strategy would be to pitch Nash within the crypto community. These are the people already somewhat aware of advantages that Nash offers hence they are infinitely more likely to create Nash account compare to people outside of crypto. Nash Pay should first and foremost partner with crypto friendly companies and projects and market itself to crypto friendly crowd. As more people come to crypto, hopefully Nash Pay will be a go-to solution for payment.

@Oldsport @Symiaq, In my view the idea of L2 implementation is a great idea. The argument of needing a Nash account could be an obstacle in my view is also valid. A simple solution could just be by attaching a small add at the Nash Link widget, which offers the customer to save network fees by simply using a nash wallet. I guess it would be also good for newbees if nash link would have an own minimalistic landing page, which is verx simple to use. Have a good time!

1 Like

I think that one of the biggest growth hurdles for Nash Link is not being able to provide services for USA merchants. The competition is fierce, new ones are popping-up by the day and merchants interest is on the rise as the btc breaks new ATH.

Fabio mentioned something about a large update to Nash Cash that is unexpected by most people and I can only hope and speculate that this would be a US equivalent of FMA license which would green light not only Nash Link for the US but also fiat on/off ramp! This coupled with new coins Nash Cash is getting (btc, neo, eth) and credit card payment would be amazing and revolutionary features and start of a new chapter for Nash.

3 Likes

What happened to Nash Link? I am not sure if it was even mentioned this year.

Hey mate, see screenshot below, this is the latest update on Nash Link from a recent AMA!

Short answer: It’s not the focus right now, it’s time will come though!
I’d bet as the industry develops and their is more of a demand! :muscle: :wink:

1 Like

Thank you. What is this Dutch AMA? From the meetup?

Can you post the whole thing?

1 Like

I’m not Dutch and unfortunately was not present during the AMA I don’t have the whole transcript, sorry mate, someone else may though!

The Dutch AMA was from a while ago though, as far back as July or earlier… not from the recent meetup that you mentioned.

There has been at least one more recent AMA since then, one with Avalanche, however I don’t think the Nash Link question was raised there…

That being said… Nash Link was asked about a few times during the Q1 Quarterly AMA and answered by Kellogg where we were told that it was not currently the focus of the bizdev team even then! :+1:
Don’t worry, It’s time will come! :wink:

1 Like