Nash is open-sourcing our client protocol and SDK

Nash’s origins lie in the open-source community. We believe that open-source software, when correctly handled, encourages transparency and ecosystem growth, both of which are crucial for the success of decentralized finance. As part of our strategy, we recently published two libraries on our public GitLab page.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.nash.io/nash-is-open-sourcing-our-client-protocol-and-sdk/
16 Likes

This is key for the crypto community accepting and adopting the Nash ecosystem. Well done!

3 Likes

Thanks for the article. How do I understand it is that not only you can build your exchange around Nash ME, but also dapps can use it for swapping crypto right?

For example, if the dapp integrates Nash with the ME would it be possible for the user to pay with BTC for a service, that accepts only native ERC token payment and the conversion happens in the back end? Or this is more of a Nash pay thing?

Also, if you build an exchange your exchange will be less competitive than Nash in a sense that the users will have to pay at best the same trading fees that Nash has set. If the new exchange wants to make any revenue it will have to implement either higher fees on top or find a different source of income. But this should not be such a big deal for large fintech companies like Revolut, N26 or any other traditional brokerage firm.

2 Likes

This is not a white label solution @D_Raky. Is not something that companies would have their individual users on Nash, the idea is that companies can have their account on Nash and carry their business as usual. For brokers and big firms like you mention this is even more important, as they already have sophisticated trading desks to service their costumers, with this tools they can operate on Nash instead and be free of third-party risk. On the business side this is a plus for them as they can offer lower fees for their costumers since they enjoy zero maker fees on Nash and low high volume taker fees.

8 Likes

So alternatives for a broker or big financial firm looking to get into crypto are:

• Build everything themselves - high in development costs and slow to market
  • Buy an existing crypto-exchange - costly solution, plus the exchange is likely to be custodial
  • Build upon Nash using Nash Protocol - much quicker with nearly no upfront cost, can be integrated into existing services.

Looks like a no-brainer honestly.

Building such an ecosystem is also likely to snowball, creating flawless trading conditions - liquidity, tight spreads, high volumes, non-existent slippage… - thus making it even more attractive to incoming players.

I guess the only remaining question is: how fast will traditional financial actors react and decide to make the first step. Exciting times ahead!

5 Likes

So in essence, an existing business can quickly add a payment/exchange service (via Nash Protocol/SDK) and provide that option to a customer.

Am I understanding this correctly? If the following service can be integrated into cc bill payments, I would utilize it EVERY month. *while mulling over this example I can’t think of a benefit to VISA (unless the ME fee < existing bank payment fee)

1 Like