My stupidity for inexperienced - Good Bye Nash

That function is no longer available, I looked for it and I did not find it.

I couldn’t disagree with you any further. Nash designed the ‘Basic’ trade option so that (and I quote) ‘it’s easy enough that your grandma can trade’. The ‘Basic’ version is based on market orders.
Thats not the point. The order books should be filled enough that place a market order gives you a safe trade. Whats the whole point of bringing new people to the platform if we’re just going to scam them out of a good price?

I do not agree with anything you said there

6 Likes

Usually there are slippage warnings if part of a market order will be filled at a price that is a certain percentage above or below the current price. The problem arises when the order book has ‘incorrect’ prices and cannot be relied upon.

1 Like

yes this option was disabled last update. I don’t want to blame you. im here to help community member. we need to learn all of us and build the safest product together.

Friends, the mistake was mine, I just wish that it does not happen again to someone else because you feel helplessness and enormous sadness, even more when you do not have money.

Take it as someone else’s experience so that it doesn’t happen to you and I think Nash in no time will have a large volume that will leave this in history.

3 Likes

As @Trust_Yourselves said, the interface doesn’t offer any protection - ultimately it would have resulted in a market order being placed with the same outcome.

3 Likes

What about the recent Binance dump on CHAINLINK?

1 Like

You are right.

Imagine that you enter now and see these orders, it says that there are more than 50 ETH in sales orders at prices within normal limits, so you decide to pay a little more but do it right away and what happened to me ends up happening.

I will quote @canesin with great respect if you can give us your opinion.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I’m really thinking it can happen to anyone, even inexperienced.

1 Like

So you mean, you sended USDC and you bought 0.35 ETH at 744$.
You sold 0.5 ETH (more then you bought) at 743$.
So you lose about 120 USDC… And the rest are your filled order?
Because like this, I don’t think this is the truth. Can you show us your order history?

No friend, it is not what I really hope to read, the exchange in which I sell by fiat only receives BTC and ETH, I do not use BTC due to the speed of the network.

I do not have more money than this, it is not a joke and I really do not want to generate a controversy and even less a fraud, I do not even want to receive money from other people who want to show solidarity.

Many people are losing their lives right now, I only read good things in this post that encouraged me until your post.

I wish you the best, a big greeting.

2 Likes

1 Like

ok but SELL ORDERS where are?
I really don’t undestand how you can buy eth at 830$.
This is a human error, not Nash sorry.
I also used buy and sell markets today and running very good at the price was the same in the order book…
There is something wrong in this topic.
I’m so sorry for you.

Best greeting also to you man.

you misunderstood spread & depth.

1 Like

He’s telling the truth about that: I made a market buy this afternoon and I have the same issue. My buy order is split into multiple orders (that’s normal), but some of them are highlighted in green, others in red.

EDIT: I am informing support as we speak.

6 Likes

Friend, I do not know what you are trying to demonstrate, if you enter the exchange and look for the pair you can see it right now, I do not understand why you have that attitude with this situation.

I wish you the best, I am not in the mood to argue, I am sorry that you act like this, I prefer to keep the good attitude of almost all the people here who were supportive.

When you experience situations like this, a few words of support are worth more than any money they can give you.

A big greeting to you.

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s a good idea.

I will wait for someone from the team view this post and it can help, especially because as you can see above, if you go right now and see the sales orders, there are large orders at adequate prices, so for this reason anyone can decide execute a market order and have the same situation.

Thanks for your support.

I’m not ok with this idea.
Nash is Fintech company not an insurrance (“charity”) company.
moreever its not a bugs/hack. We are going out of context

5 Likes

Going to post this as the most likely explanation as to what happened. Credit to @CryptoUK1 for highlighting this.

Below is a 53 second clip showing multiple instances of liquidity vanishing with the lowest sell order being at 745 USDC.
It is likely that @NEXBTCNEX placed an order at the exact second that liquidity vanished resulting in his order filling at such a bad price.

3 Likes

@kazanchev What’s your point? Do you want a gold star for being first?

Consider this: a user with little trading experience, used to placing market orders and getting filled. He sees an order book with plenty of orders at reasonable prices. He places a market order for a small amount like he has always done, and instead of getting filled, liquidity vanishes in an instant leaving him out of luck.

Quite a few people have been keen to accuse him of incompetence or scamming. Imo he is neither. I am posting this to highlight the issue to these people.

6 Likes