Market sell order, misleaded price. UX issue on price

I still think he has a valid point in terms of UX though, there’s only one buy order in the book which is shown as 0.001 (when in fact its about 0.00051). If you don’t know this 0.001 is actually a lower number than what you see (because someone placed an order below 0.001 by switching to NEO-PHX pair), then you don’t expect this market sell to suddenly give less than the displayed 0.001

But yes an UX issue like canesin is saying, not a bug.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I also see that as a problem in the UI. And I think we should find a solution. And I have to admit that that probably would have happened to me too. :see_no_evil:

One must also remember that it is not possible on other stock exchanges to turn the market and you therefore never comes to a value less than 0.001 set.

But please correct me if I’m wrong …

I think the root here is the incompatibility of PHX tick size and NEO tick size… this will never be matching (like in any market) but we can adjust.

2 Likes

Yes I agree…

1000PHX -> 0.001NEO (That’s how it should be?)

But it is

500PHX. -> 0.001NEO

I might have a suggestion for tick size. Maybe it would be possible that tick size is custom for every pair. I’m not sure where Nash get’s the dollar value from coins, but maybe this info could be used. By knowing the current market value of the coin, you can set the allowed decimals to 3 AFTER the last zero.

As example I will look at CMC, on CMC PHX is currently worth 0.00071703 NEO, since the first 3 decimals are zeros, the decimal limit on Nash will be 6.

On CMC, AVA is currently worth 0.01125809 NEO, since the first decimal is a zero, the decimal limit on Nash will be 4.

This means there are 3 decimals precision to play with as marginal differences on all pairs. Which I believe should be enough.

1 Like

@ikbinruig tick size is custom for each pair already :wink: … what you are saying is another thing, on the increment.

Here the issue is tick value of PHX is too diff from tick value of NEO. We will update the markets for PHX and AVA. I will close the topic now.

3 Likes