Main net and swapping NEP5 NEX tokens? Sorry noob question!

Hi
I have some NEX I got I the lottery. I don’t trade and just store my crypto and don’t look for months at a time. In the past this has led to panic when certain ERC20 tokens changed to main net.

When will NEX change to a main net token from the current NEP5 token? And what will we have to do as I’ve not done a token swap before

Sorry if this is a silly question, any advice around this topic would put me at ease :slight_smile:

You do not have to do anything. The token remains a NEP 5 token. The Mainet Launch has nothing to do with the fact that Nash has its own blockchain, because that’s not the case.
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Oh ok! Well thats good then, because it was another thing to worry about!

So will it remaind a NEP5 token forever?

If you are not planning te sell your $nex you can also “stake” them. This way you can get dividends up to 75% for 24mnd stake. It will be available at launch 23 Aug.

2 Likes

I didnt realise that was happening so soon …Thanks, yes I planned to stake, I’m just unsure how to do it! I’ve seen people talking about staking a little every week or month so they alway shave liquid funds. I’m not sure this suits my situation as I really want to not have to much involvement and I dont trade. But Im also worried about locking up all my tokens for two years.

It would be horrible if we go on a bull run in the next year or so and then it crashes again and I couldnt sell anything!

Thanks very much, thats good to know :slight_smile:

Thanks @fischdenflo and @COINDER ! Super nice when the community can inform itself. :mechanical_arm:

3 Likes

If people don’t stake their tokens, they make a ‘mistake’…