How to transfer assets when NASH is under maintenance

Often, I think a lot of people misunderstand what non-custodial means, and I think Nash team should create a simple tutorial that allows you to move funds while NASH is in maintenance so that people who are new to Nash don’t get confused.
Many people think the DEX does not do maintenance. If such a person feels that the NASH does maintenance and furthermore does not have access to their own wallet, they will be disappointed with the Nash.
I know that Nash is a company that cares about UX so I pray that this tutorial will be created and published as soon as possible.
And I’m looking forward to seeing more people saying that the first site to trade crypto for the first time is NASH!

2 Likes

Export your private keys and import them in separate wallets and there you control your personal wallet. Nash is a platform that runs on server and it’s normal it has maintenance like any other. There is no decentralized solutions that runs on blockchain in that sense.

Yes. So that’s how the Nash team should blog about it with videos and images.
Not everyone who uses Nash is crypto-savvy. The best way to increase the number of users is to be polite to crypto beginners.

1 Like

Agree. They are still not taken marketing movements. All users are investors who are familiar with crypto and way it works. But definitely they need to create user friendly content about NASH platform

exporting private keys wont help if the funds are in the trading contract.

But nash plans to release a tool for this later that allows you to withdraw your funds from the trading contracts, even without having to use the nash website.
Hope it is released soon, i also see it as a important tool.

3 Likes

I agree this is a very important topic that deserves more attention.
As long as there is no tool or at least a guide available, nash might technically be non-custodial, but de facto really isn’t. A non technical person is still completely dependent on the exchange for access to their funds until this is produced.

2 Likes

So you guys really think that nash should do an article explaining to not technical people how to export private keys and insert them into third party wallets.
Not sure if that is a good idea at all tbh ^^

I really think that’s a more suited solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s true that most users rely on our web client and mobile app to interact with their wallets and the trading contract. We’ve acknowledged that this is an inconvenience when the system is down and we’re working to address it as soon as possible.

However, it’s misleading to say that this affects Nash’s non-custodial properties. Being non-custodial relates to the system’s security, not user experience. Being non-custodial means that Nash doesn’t have the ability to steal your funds. Even if our client is down we cannot access your funds. That simply isn’t true of a centralized exchange. If they go down, you are still trusting them.

1 Like

You are right I was using the wrong terminology. I also understand that it is impossible for nash or anyone to steal my funds (as long as the smart contract is watertight) in any case.

The word I should have used is trustlessness. You talk about maintenance and temporary inconvenience, but what about nash going bankrupt, technical incompetence, or the entire team getting in a plane crash? I don want to have to trust nash that they will allow me access to my funds in the future.

So referring to this as “user experience” greatly undersells the issue.

1 Like

We recently published the source of the client-side protocol on our public GitLab. That should address your concern.

Of course we still plan to create our own offline tool. However, Nash already demonstrates a level of transparency that you don’t get with other exchanges.

3 Likes