How to move tokens directly on blockchain?

Does anyone know how to do it? NEO, BTC, ETH?
I am telling my friends ( who are afraid to store their crypto on Nash) that the worst case what Nash can do to you is to restrict the access to the website, but you can move your coins directly on blockchain ( so you are at no risk & you don’t need to trust Nash ) because you are the custodian of your crypto ( you hold the keys :key: ).

But how to really move coins on blockchain? I don’t know :thinking:

If you know of a video tutorial, please share. Thank you :handshake:

1 Like

You use a wallet.

There are specific wallets for every blockchain. Hence the value of the Funds Manager which handles everything for you: no risk to use a malicious wallet, no need to keep your wallet(s) up to date, no need to get used to several UIs, etc.

3 Likes

think Radu is talking about accessing tokens that are “in” the trading contract ?

No, I don’t think so. You overestimate crypto newcomers.

But if so, they should know that their funds in the trading contract can only be withdrawn by them (i.e. Nash cannot move their funds by themselves).

1 Like

They store it in Coinbase, kukoin, binance, kraken. So it’s a no brainer for me,but I need to explain the Non-Custodial part for them.

I am referring to: if in case I can’t log in into my Nash account, how do I access my crypto?
This is what I want to show people that when their funds are on a Centralized exchange, they can’t move it if something happens to the website or the company. And in case with Nash, there is no risk. (Just the device itself)

I think the answer is:

… but still I have never done it before (how to move funds directly on blockchain) and on YouTube I couldn’t find a tutorial on it. ( maybe wrong key words :thinking:). For me is important to see a video tutorial, I am not strong in computers. Thank you :pray:

You need a wallet that can interact with the blockchain for you. Which wallet you need depends on the token. You import the private keys you get from nash in those wallets.

Some examples, there are plenty more wallets.

For bitcoin: electrum
For eth and erc20: myetherwallet
For neo and nep5: neon wallet

1 Like

Nash has a small section about private keys in their knowledge base: https://support.nash.io/hc/en-us/articles/360032930194-Wallet-Private-key

1 Like

How Crypto Wallets Work

I like how this guy simply explains how stuff works in only a few minutes. Maybe worthwhile to send to your friends. Knowing how to do something is one thing, but knowing the theory behind it is as important. Check out his “Simply Explained” playlist for some more interesting videos.

1 Like

It’s best to just try it out.
Download NEON wallet, create a new wallet and try sending some GAS (just send less than 1$ in case you F something up) from Nash to your NEON wallet public address and try to send it back to Nash.
If you have external address with funds it’s best practice to have hardware that protects your private keys like Ledger or Trezor hardware wallet. If someone gets your private key / seed they can move your funds. But just for testing you’ll be fine.
All blockchain wallets work pretty much the same way. I recommended NEO wallet since you can do free transactions, free transactions sometimes could take a while if the mempool is full (meaning that there are many unconfirmed transactions, but don’t worry they will go through sooner or later).
This could feel a little bit anxious some times, the most important part is always triple check the address you are trying to send your funds and keeping your private keys umm… private :wink:

1 Like

This.

Practice with small amounts until you’re an expert. It’s a simple enough concept that some people seem to rush, leading to lost funds.

1 Like

The funds that are in the trading contract are separated from the blockchain? ( man I don’t even understand if this is the right way to ask :worried: ).
I don’t have anything in trading contract, in USA this future is not available yet. So I understand that something happens when you move coins from personal to trading, so you can get your trades going fast, but I still have so many questions ( are the coins in trading contract as safe as in personal wallet? Can I access those coins on a decentralized wallet if I have my keys? Or I need to have my coins in my personal wallet to access them directly on the blockchain? ) ( this is just my curiosity, really want to understand it )

Thank you all for your help :handshake::handshake::handshake:. I definitely read everything you suggested. Education helps me bring awareness about Nash :partying_face:

Personal wallet - users own the private key, you can copy the private key and access wallet using private key… Saving the seed words, you will be able to regenerate private key (today may be using the site only and in the future nash might give some tools) This is not at all complicated, everyone in crypto should know about this otherwise no point talking about “not your key not your bitcoin/crypto”

Trading Contract - I think this is the one everyone is interested in. Nash will deliver some tools in the future to directly withdraw funds from trading contract. I believe its seems complicated for an average user, some cancellations / accepting signature blah blah.

once we have the tools available to withdraw funds from trading contract, it will be probably a unique feature. I don’t know if exchange is down for say 4 hour maintenance if the tool can help withdraw funds quickly or its process of like 2-4 days which may not make some happy.

2 Likes