H1 2020 Report, 10 October 18:00 UTC – Post your AMA questions here!

It was previously mentioned Nash would implement a feature to turn the “dust” from dividends into a single crypto… is this still in development, an ETA?

11 Likes

@Kellogg N. Fairbank -

Can you share how you got involved with Nash and which markets do you think it can win over?

6 Likes

Is the team currently working to get NEX listed on a conventional stock exchange? If so, when can we expect the listing, and on what stock exchange(s)?

4 Likes

wen moon.

To be more specific, reddit recently launched their new Community Points initiative. Has Nash considered the opportunity of listing these tokens once they go mainnet?

BRICKs @ /r/FortNiteBR - 1.4M subscribers
MOONs @ /r/Cryptocurrency - 1.1M subscribers

I definitely understand the legal uncertainty of this proposition, but the amount of fresh eyes it would bring to the platform is staggering to put it lightly.

6 Likes

Given the current mechanism for staking NEX, would it be easy, impractical, or impossible to add a “recipient” field next to each individual stake; whereby users could select between their own account, or nominate one of their KYC’d contacts to receive the dividends instead? Would any tech or legal hurdles prevent this?

Some investors may accumulate NEX with the intention of giving it to non-tech-savvy family members at a later date. It might also be used to partition revenue for projects, or passively donate to non-profit organizations.

Is there a better way to handle this? Your thoughts?

6 Likes

Thanks for your questions so far!

Please note that this thread will be closed on Wednesday at 17:00 UTC.

1 Like

In May there was a blog post about use cases for blockchain technology in video games. It seems that nash is aware of this trend. Are there any developments planned to support video games with the layer 2 network like NFTs?

3 Likes

From a long time perspective, how do you think nash layer 2 technology will evolve?

2 Likes

There is a feature which are some of the community are asking for since the release of the exchange. Withdrawing assets from the state channel and recreating wallets with the seed words without using an online nash service.
Can we expect developments towards this feature in the next months?

5 Likes

Question for Ethan Fast: I saw you speaking in one of the first podcasts about decentralized options, futures and leverage trading in a non-custodial way. How’s the progress at that front, anything we can look out for in the (near) future?

Also you talked about algorithm trading (arbitrage bots) between other exchanges to provide liquidity and volume, how’s the progress on this front and will Nash use this (with the funds from the lending product?) or will it be open source so the community can build tools for it?

15 Likes
  1. Will it in the future be possible to deposit directly into the trading contract from any other address instead of first having to deposit into one’s personal wallet and then into the trading contract?

2. Will L2 in the future be available for Nash Link, so that for example a cup of coffee can be paid for with BTC almost instantly and without transaction costs?

4 Likes

@fabwa, on September 25th the SEC issued a no-action letter authorizing crypto security tokens to trade on registered exchanges.

Have you or your team had time to review the legal implications for Nash? If so, please share how this may or may not affect Nash users.

15 Likes

Are you planning on relissing a trading bot for Nash on the exchange? If yes, it would be nice to have a backtesting tool for the strategy!

1 Like

What is the timeline for trading, Nash Cash and Nash Pay to become available to US users (and users of all other major regions)?

I can recommend this product all day on social media, but at the end of the day it seems a big majority of the people I reach can’t use this product for anything other than staking NEX or dropping funds into a wallet (myself included). Many of these users will sign up for an account, realize they can’t trade or use Nash Cash/Pay, and never return.

I understand you’ve talked before about the hurdles/effort required to bring new regions onboard (in US for example, you have to seek approvals state to state), and decided that effort would be better allocated elsewhere, but… Are you at a point with your products where you can start allocating some effort to this initiative? Will that point come soon?

2 Likes

Hi all,

I saw that Nash Link went live, great achievement and I’m feeling the vibe of a ramp up :wink:
I browsed through the Link page and I noticed that the service is without fees for merchants AND for customers, so basically free of charge. This is great for adoption IMO. But I was wondering: how are you gonna make that work? And how does Link fit in the nash ecosystem (with regard to the exchange).

Thanks and keep up the good work!

7 Likes

How far are we from Nash opening its L2 network? (by this I mean, being able to send directly from an external address to the trading contract or vice versa)

12 Likes

Could you comment on this?
Is this something that is being actively investigated? Has a business model been chosen for this? How would it even work?

4 Likes

Fabio, you’ve recently been talking quite a lot about a Login with Nash feature.

Would this be some kind of SSO solution? Or would it be more powerful than this?

11 Likes

In an online webinar posted on October 2nd, 2020 the chairman of the SEC suggested the following - points taken from this article:

thinks that all stocks could become tokenized one day.

SEC’s door is also “wide open” if someone wants to show how to “tokenize the ETF product in a way that adds efficiency.”

“We want to meet with you. We want to facilitate that. Of course, you got to register it and do what you would do with any other ETF,” said Clayton.

With it’s focus on compliance, it seems Nash would be a natural fit for the market mentioned above. Any chance the team is trying to connect with USA regulators?

7 Likes

Speaking with the GunBot community it’s obvious they’re more enthusiastic about futures trading than they are about spot, with the recent action against BitMex there’s now a gap forming in the market for compliant regulated exchanges to fill for offering margin and derivatives trading. Assuming Nash’s research division can develop a viable technical solution for futures and margin will Nash be quick to pursue the relevant licensing or will we need to wait for sufficient revenue to fund licensing applications?

Also in what order do you expect;

1. Nash Savings
  2. NEX listing
  3. Margin Trading
  4. Options and Futures
    to go live?
17 Likes