First mainnet BTC trade

Do we honestly have to wait until the quarterly report until we finally hear what is now with the BTC integration? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Congrats Nash peeps … we know development takes longer that you think sometimes :slight_smile: we’ve had our share of that over here at Guardian Circle. And even after you release, it can take some time to see uptake … we’re only now starting to see this (article from yesterday): https://cointelegraph.com/news/surge-in-crypto-emergency-app-downloads-due-to-covid-19

4 Likes

There is no secret @fischdenflo, if no major issues are found after intense testing it will be open. So far since the deploy on Friday no major issue has been found.

17 Likes

even without watchtower nodes scanning mempools … we can be sure of no UTXO double spend attempts after 1 block confirm.

unless bitcoin is 51% attacked and Nash has been receiving reversible bitcoin deposits ?

anyone help me out here ?

2 Likes

3 confirmations might be a viable minimum but less than that is a little too risky.
see;
https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/confirmations
or

1 Like

Everything is about probability. 100% certainty can never be obtained in theory; however in practice a certain number of confirmations is considered as 100% certainty (generally 6).

For an exchange, I think there is a subtle compromise to find between risk and user experience.

If 3 confirmations give you 99.99% certainty, and 1 confirmation gives you 99.9% certainty, but at the same time lowering the number of required confirmations from 3 to 1 increases traded volume by 5%, it might be worth it to take the risk.

I guess that’s how Binance achieves 1 confirmation on deposits and 2 on withdrawals.

To add on that approach, mitigating the risk by laddering confirmations depending on the amount could help (ie: $1000 amount requires 1 confirmation, $100k 3 confirmations, $1M 6 confirmations).

In Nash’s case, the equation could be much more complex due to its state channel architecture, but I have absolutely 0 knowledge about that!

12 Likes

thnxs

Seems inescapable with BTC. U could allow for trading to commence on 1 btc confirm but then lock the channel for both parties until 6 confirms (or whatever) … so many variables … nightmare to mess with it.

1 Like

Hi @canesin is it possible to track the BTC contract? :wink:

4 Likes

Congratulations to your team. Excited to see where this will go. Looking forward to fiat ramps opening up in other regions.

1 Like

Congratulations to your team. Excited to see where this will go. Looking forward to fiat ramps opening up in other regions.

Nash is currently working on its own fiat ramp.

Whats the latest here - is BTC trading now fully enabled or still restricted to Level 2?

Anyone with a Nash account, any tier, can now trade BTC.

Here is one of the markets: https://app.nash.io/trade/exchange/advanced?from=btc&to=usdc

Damn, I was hoping you wouldn’t say that. I sent some dust from coinbase and for the last 24 hours+ all I get is this screen when I attempt to move BTC to trading…

Any ideas what I need to do to have this fixed?

gotcha, so I need like a million confirmations :smiley:

over 2 days still can’t do anything. This is not good for adoption…

You need to contact support directly on Nash, they will be able to help you. Remember this is not General Availability, so there could be some blips and complications.

I might have the same issue. Will contact support shortly if the confirmation doesn’t change. Moved my BTC from Binance to Nash to finally start trading.

What I do notice is that the transfer status on the funds transfer tab is still pending even though the transaction is already confirmed on the blockchain and is in my personal wallet. @EllisNEX can you check if this is also the case for you?

I got a reply from support that they are working on a fix. A workaround is to move small amounts.

However, I also had a different issue (not related to this) and they asked me to clear my cache. The pending status of the transfer from Binance to Nash is now set to complete and I was able to create a transfer to the trading contract. It is currently pending.

EDIT: But the transfer to the trading contract is confirmed on the blockchain. Maybe some sync issue?

I will wait for the fix.

Hi its good to put this to their attention, it seems like you try to transfer the least amount possible and you probably have no funds to pay for the bitcoinnetwork fee which should be adjusted or you should have gotten a popup like insufficient funds or something.

I transfered also and it worked as it should but the minimum should also be possible or a message should appear thats my thoughts

My transfer went through. It took about 20 minutes longer than the confirmation on the BTC blockchain.

The ‘Please wait while we confirm your BTC balance’ is confusing. You see the balance already, so what is happening behind the scenes. Sometimes it is just taking to long and people don’t like to wait.