Do i own a stock or a cryptocurrency?

I want to know if nex is a real stock like apple and amazon or are we just a security licensed token

it is a mixture of both obtaining the positive of each part

1 Like

No it is not stock, buying NEX wont make you part owner of the company.

The way I understand it, a security token can have all or some properties of the traditional stock/shares. As an investor in NEX i.e. a holder of NEX tokens, you have a share in the company’s profits (according to the formula described in the whitepaper), but you do not own the company.

1 Like

@Olu slightly different as we get a share of the exchange fees, not the company profits

Sure @CryptoUK1! And a share of payment fees as well, although I’m not sure how that is calculated.

No, stock would entitle you to a vote in the company and/or share in the company which NEX token doesn’t. However it does give you a share in the fees.

I think there are two types of stocks:

1. Common stock: Represent ownership in a company and a claim (dividends) on a portion of profits. Investors get one vote per share to elect the board members, who oversee the major decisions made by management.
  2. Preferred Stock: Represents some degree of ownership in a company but usually doesn’t come with the same voting rights. Preferred shares investors are usually guaranteed a fixed dividend forever.

As per my understanding, with staking power NEX look like as preferred stock.

3 Likes