Other than tokenised securities, there’s been growing interest and development in decentralised financial products e.g.
- debt tokens with dharma protocol
- margin tokens and options with dydx protocol
- CFDs or tokenised augur markets with Veil
Whilst these are still in the very early stages of development, they have the potential to evolve into a substantial market. Since most of these products are in the form of ERC-20 tokens, there aren’t any technical limitations that would prevent them from being traded on NEX from day one, however I can imagine that there are a bunch of legal issues that would need to be overcome. So my questions are:
- Does NEX plan to allow for trading of these novel decentralised instruments in the future?
- Do the licences that NEX is currently pursuing allow for trading of said instruments once granted?