Compounding dividend

Yes, but if I wait for three months to make a new contract, I will lose the dividend for the three months, on the other hand, if I make a new contract for each dividend, I will have a lot of contracts, which is pretty confusing. What is the minimum amount for the stake?

That’s true. Idk, I think the minimum is 1 but I personally don’t want to have to manage dozens of contracts if I don’t have to.

You’re forgetting the dividends are paid out per week. So if the way for staking isn’t changed and if you’re allowed to stake each week and if your dividends are then enough to reach the minimum amount of staking for each week, you’ll have a maximum of 105 staking contracts (first year 53 contracts + 52 contracts the second year) over a 24 month period. After the 24 month period the contracts are unlocked on a weekly basis and you’ll have to restake the dividends each week again.

This sounds like to much of an hassle and an auto stake/compounding function will probably be build (if it hasn’t been build already), i mean i don’t think the NEX founders will like this as well.

3 Likes

would be cool if there would be an automatic reinvest mode

This woud be so exciting!

2 Likes

Idk how they would do that since once the contract is set it can’t be unlocked. So without making additional contracts like your saying, there’s no way to add to the existing.

Perhaps i wasn’t clear enough; I never spoke about adding to existing contracts.
A staking contract is a staking contract which imo can only be set once, and can’t be changed while it’s locked.
Thus you’ll get a lot of contracts if you compound them each week.
But perhaps with setting a contract you can give in some parameters to auto compound all the dividends for a set period after choosing NEX as dividend payout token.

Yes, but again that doesn’t make sense. Since the staking is a set contract with a set timeframe you can’t compound because in order to compound you would have to add NEX to the already existing contract which would then cause each NEX addition to have different timeframes.

Only way I see this being possible is if they added a setting on the account to withdrawal dividends from all eligible staked contracts on the account at once. You would still have 100+ contracts if you compound each week over the 2 years but instead of withdrawing on every one you could withdrawal on all with one single button. Each contract would then be independent of the other but still allow you to compound under a single account.

1 Like

Compounding means just interest over interest, it doesn’t matter if this is all in seperate contracts or set through a single contract. The result will be the same.
I know the latter probably won’t be possible, but could perhaps be established by giving a contract enough parameters.

So yes the first time you can withdraw dividends you stake it again for 24 months, and after the second week you get dividends from the first 2 contracts and you stake it all again.
This could be automated, thats the only point i was trying to make clear.

3 Likes

This “auto reinvest” option would launch NEX price even higher, because that would mean that all stakers at the dividend payout time would basically buy NEX for market value.

2 Likes

That is interesting but remember that we are in crypto and a swing trade can be pretty damaging if the price shoots up for a short period to then stabilises 15%-20% (random figures) lower.
Your auto compound will buy NEX-tokens with the other tokens you earned at a disgusting price. Whereas doing it yourself will allow you to weigh the pros and cons of getting NEX the D-day or maybe a week later.
To sum-up be aware that auto-compounding would lower your control over your strategy.
And as @kree123 said,

4 Likes

I agree with you that if the volume gets high and if you reach the min. staking limit each week there will be price rises at the start of each new week.
But with enough parameters you could set a buying delay, or a ‘max’ buy price or you can still do this manually and create your own delay…thus missing out on some dividends.
Eventually with time the staking contracts will spread out.

Other side of the story is, you know now when to sell your NEX :slight_smile:

I would like to know if there is any update/info on this?

1 Like

I think once release they’re gonna explain what’s next and maybe add new features to the roadmap

1 Like

It’s not hard to see such a feature which does it automatically, for a fixed time the user selects. Interesting value proposition if you ask me.

I heard/read it’s a monthly div. payout, weekly you sure?

1 Like

I agree, the aggregated dividends from multiple contracts would be ‘‘in one basket’’ so it’s easy to re-stake (compound) or payout (extract).

do we need to divide the stake is there any benefit oppose to if we stake bulk tokens at one shot. since anyhow they are going to give dividend weekly or monthly correct.

There is and will be possible several improvements on how staking is paid and managed, we will go feature by feature. That is one of the beauties of being a webapp, that you can deploy continuous improvement. Compounding will not be available at start, it also requires you to be able to buy NEX, that we will not be doing on the initial months.

6 Likes