Bitcoin pairs and other critical functionality

Hi,
I was quietly following discussions around development of the platform and it seems that team does not really listen to community.
Don’t get me wrong, we are all happy to see improvements in staking contract, dark mode, charts and small UI/UX changes, but these are not the changes that will drive the adoption. Seems like team focuses to much on the look and feel instead of functionality at this point.
I’m a long time crypto holder/investor/trader I want to use Nash, but I can’t. At the moment there are only ETH and NEO pairs with “no-name shitcoins”. no offence to them, but almost nobody is interested in trading them hence the low volume. For me personally and I think for majority of people adding BTC and top 20 coins is crutial and should be number one priority.
We all want Nash to succeed, but it seems platform is losing its momentum and hype around it. People start loosing interest in a platform that focuses on wrong things.

To summarize, my point is that team is slightly missaligned with a community on what is most important and assumes what people want to see instead of asking them. Maybe it makes sense to create a poll (here, on twitter or any other platform) or perhaps any other approach to ask the community what is the top priority items they want to see. Maybe community can speak out and have an impact on developers backlog ??

Thanks
Cheers

7 Likes

I personally think to many (investors) have to much expectations and just want a full working system from the start with high volume.

Its just in MVP fase and they give some hints for the next months about almost everything you are saying above, have patience and wait for the things to develop, you can say you are a long term holder/investor/trader but certainly you’r not a developer which means you are in for the money instead of the tech. just my opinion, and that’s okay everybody has his own agenda so has the team.

7 Likes

You are right about me not being not a dev, but you are wrong about my agenda here. Firstly I’m a beliver and “wanna be” user of the platform. I have not used it since launch though, because it simply does not have any pars I hold, want to trade, or potentially interested in.
I do have good understanding of business side of running a company. Not listening to your customers and doing what you think is good instead of asking customer is a common mistake. All I wanted to do is point out that it could be the case for Nash . Company can spend a lot of time and effort in building polished product based on assumptions and fail miserably once find out that assumptions were wrong and they delivered wrong product.

3 Likes

They are listening and have communicated that BTC pairs are their major priority in the short term.
It so happens that BTC has never been traded in a non-custodial manner. What we all want (BTC pairs) is very difficult to achieve and some even argue, nearly impossible to achieve, since BTC has no smart contract functionality.
If you appreciate the above fact, it should help you in exercising the much needed patience. The team wants it as much as you do and is working tirelessly towards it.

15 Likes

That’s true. But on the other hand, a good or better product does not necessarily mean that people will or want to use it. I understand that people are now working on improving the MVP and that marketing is now of little importance. What I do hope is that with the launch of the BTC functionality, a serious marketing campaign will start.

I am confident that the team will deliver.

2 Likes

What you are demanding is so unreasonable. You do realise that in order to add the ‘top 20’ coins they would need to integrate the platform with 15+ different blockchains, all with different consensus mechanisms, all with different challenges unique to that particular blockchain. The team is made up of approximately 50 people, just remember that.

It has been just over 1 year since the funds raise and the Nash MVP currently out there is better than anything I have seen from a team of this size (and larger). Nash is a unique way of trading and managing funds, chains will be added over time but it will take time, surely you are aware that it’s not as simple as a CEX like Binance installing a wallet and voila.

7 Likes

This is a suggestion, not a demand. Nash has it’s unique weaknesses and one of them that they have to work weeks/months to deliver same functionality as other exchanges can do in hours/days. Polishing UI of platform that has 200$ daily volume makes absolutely no sense in my opinion. They might just eat through all their funds for next 2 years without bringing any volume/revenue and close the shop. This is very competitive space.

2 Likes

Same functionality? Trustless, performant crosschain trading on a deterministic, soon to be distributed ME? This confirms to me that you dont really understand the USP of Nash.
Also you do realise that a you can do more than 1 thing at once, some of the team with the expertise is working on adding chains, other parts of the team are enhancing the UI, doing this whilst there are fewer users is ideal imo.

3 Likes

That’s an incredibly pessimistic view on Nash, you have there. I invite you to take a deep breath, and understand that volume right now is not going to make or break this company. Especially when you say things like:

This is being incredibly dramatic. Nash will not be ‘in MVP’ for 2 years, and then disappear. Like…really?

It almost sounds like you’ve invested more than you can afford to lose, and now you’re panicking.

Again – deep breaths. Nash is doing exactly what they set out to do.

7 Likes

Ehh I wouldn’t go that far. There already exists solutions for trading BTC in non-custodial form (atomic swaps, sidechains, lightning network) however they all lacks the performance, UX and reliability needed.

If Nash can get it to work as well as their ETH/NEO cross-chain then we’re in a really good position. Next step would be to properly communicate this achievement which I’m sure will be part of their marketing efforts once live.

2 Likes

Are you serious? Nash MVP is live for only 4 weeks right now…

1 Like

Haha, sure currently there are sub-optimal “solutions”. I agree with your comment.

3 Likes

I think XRP pairs will be just as crucial. Ripple is making huge leaps and will probably be really important for the entire crypto world. Dont miss out here…

2 Likes

almost all top10 pairs are crucial (and a lot others more as well) :wink: Lets give the team time to add them.

6 Likes

Hi everyone,
I have been holding myself from sharing my personal thoughts for quite some time now but since I am long term follower (early 2018) and early investor in this project so I am posting this. I don’t mean to confron with the team or comunity but to chalange the situation ( yes i am familiar with the white paper, plans, promises, whats unicue about Nash and all that nice talk)

It’s been long way to get the approvals for the token offering at first, then to launch the Exchange, etc. I get it, it is a alot of work, it is hard, it has a lot of dependancys beyond Nash control … But dear Nash team, it is 2020 already. For real!!! Volumes?!? Partners!?! Timelines!
Honestly I am not so happy with what I see achieved for nerly 2 years. I am not giving up on you but what I am trying to say is that when I am not happy with the performance (quailyty, time, cost and all these count not only 1 of them) of my business team I make changes, take actions in order to improve… way of work, takrgets, goals, approach.

If you are here to stay you need to show some results soon. And I mean something that would attract users to want your product, investors who will see real present values of the existing product, not something gimmick. You may have the best Nash exchange per your standards but if it is not atracting people/investors to start using it, it does’t matter.If wouldn’t get BTC pairs / fiat pairs which is the only once that matter maybe you need to priorityse traiding outside crypto market and look other assets but make it generate volumes of some trade.

May the new 2020 be the game changer for Nash and all you folks! All the best!

Respect!

2 Likes

In my opinion they achieved a lot in the past year(s)… The matching engine is up and running, there is A LOT of legal work done (behind the scene’s) and they almost builded non custodial BTC-trading… (no other company/exchange does offer that)…

They are building a new place where people might put (all) there savings in the future… in my opinion it’s better to grow slowly without mistakes, than rushing with some mistakes (imagine what happens if people lose their savings due to mistakes in the platform or matching engine)

I am sure ones marketing starts… (after mvp) we will see real growth…

Anyway, I agree: hope 2020 will be the year of Nash! :smiley:

6 Likes

I agree with some of your statements but you forgot most important part in there and that is legal work which is crucial part for Nash. They building it for long run and they need to create stable basis so all thing can go smooth when they scale up. You see how regulations slowly taking more and more part in crypto. Some day only regulated platforms will stay alive and when that happens they will hold massive trade volumes.

1 Like