Beyond the Chain: A podcast from Nash

Hi @slackr, thanks for the feedback! Regarding adding the audio to Youtube, in your mind, how is this different from directing a person to podcast.nash.io where there are no ads and can still be accessed by all? Here is a recent article of the pros and cons :slight_smile: https://www.buzzsprout.com/blog/podcasting-on-youtube

The difference is you can’t access it from Nash’s YouTube channel or by typing Nash podcast in the YouTube search bar.

4 Likes

Hello :wave: Why no video? Also I have YouTube premium ( no adds)
I got to believe in Nash because I could see the person (Fabio) and his body language was what made me believe in his honesty of his words.
On YouTube when you post your video, just choose the option to not run adds on your video.
I really hope you will film the podcast.
:handshake:

Exactly, the more platforms and exposure the better.

1 Like

Over 300k subscribers on the YouTube crypto channel, all my education about crypto is from YouTube, All my friends use YouTube to hear about crypto.
Let’s be smart. Use YouTube with no adds and definitely video too.
For me is a big inconvenience to register on other platform, I don’t use other platforms. Notifications on YouTube are easy to follow since I am all day in it.
Thank you. Will be super disappointed if the podcast will be only audio. One phone and 1 book to hold the phone( and we have video)

1 Like

For podcasts, maybe not everyone will be in the same room … maybe to keep things simple, you only film the one presenting the show. :man_shrugging:
To keep the edge on the nash site, you broadcast the audio podcast first on nash and then in video on youtube

1 Like

I will :loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound: one more time, people will fallow people, not the code on the paper. People like me that know nothing on how to verify if the code is not harmful, we believe in people’s honesty. To deserve trust just through audio :thinking: I know for sure that I wouldn’t be here if only audio was presented. The goal is to attract quality people ( need video)
Nash Doesn’t cut corners :loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound:. Please do it right, please :handshake:

We need to see everyone talking, body language is a powerful weapon. People will feel the passion and the energy, Nash leaders are going to win trust through visual contact with people.
Imagine that the president of any country will not come out in public, and he will just stay naked in his bathtub :bath: talking in a microphone :studio_microphone:. No chance for that person to win people over. There are so many documentaries that show how powerful is body language.
For Nash founders is a huge advantage to be filmed, the vision is coming from the heart, and the hard work along with dedication for success, will be shown through their way of talking, the way of moving, the level of commitment to the gigantic vision that is so huge and hard to imagine that gives you chills when I just consider it to come true.
Please don’t ruin it Nash, I am willing to buy a camera :camera: and send it over to you ( if this is the problem)
Talk to us please. Le us know what you decided on video and YouTube ( YouTube has the option for you to choose if you want adds on your video or not)
Thank you :handshake:

In general I believe it is easier for users to stumble upon content on YouTube. On my podcast app (I’m on Android, I have no idea if iPhone is different), I have to deliberately seek out podcast stations. However YouTube will recommend videos or channels to me based on my viewing history. I will often go to YouTube to watch a specific video, and then spend some time stumbling around with the recommended videos. For this reason, I think you will achieve a wider audience than on a podcast alone.

What do you think?

3 Likes

@canesin My heart will cry in disbelief, if you decide to give me only audio and no YouTube ( I know it’s not about me ) I just waited for so long for this moment to come :pensive:

Personally, I prefer to endorse podcast.nash.io over “via YT” and audio only is perfectly fine with me. Really looking forward to the first podcast!

1 Like

@slackr that makes a lot of sense. I will look into this as another outlet to access the podcast through. Until then I hope the 11 other ways to access it will suffice for now! :slightly_smiling_face:

Be well,

Clare

2 Likes

Thank you @ca1ab1yau, I appreciate that!

1 Like

Calm down, aren’t you exaggerating a little bit here? I get it that people like video, but saying please don’t ruin it is a bit much. Kinda saying it is completely ruined if it’s a podcast.

Personally I do like the idea of a podcast, something different for a change. Also, I can imagine getting good quality is more achievable with a podcast than a video, since they’re probably be going to be recorded remotely. Not a big fan of those videos where people talk to eachother on webcams, might actually prefer just the sound if the persons in it are not in the same room.

1 Like

Don’t tell me to calm down. Do I tell you what to do? ( everyone has the right to share) I am tired of people telling me to calm down. You don’t take it to heart ( it’s just my opinion)
I really find it the way I expressed myself.
I am emotionally invested in this project, a lot of people don’t get it.

After years of development, getting good quality video is hard?
I am a friend, a passionate one but your friend. No need to tell me to calm down please.
Thank you :handshake:

Sorry if telling you to calm down offended you, not my intentions.

Ofcourse everyone is free to have an opinion. It’s just that in my opinion, you’re giving it on a quite disrespectful way. Like saying: “after years of development, getting good quality video is hard?” In my opinion that’s quite disrespectful. Also saying they ruin it if they don’t do it in video format is a bit over the top in my opinion.

We also have to realize Nash employs professionals in their respective fields. Sure we can give suggestions and Nash has proven to listen to those a lot, but more often than not we don’t have the expertise in the topic as they do. Same for me, I have no expertise in this topic. Although I do realize it takes more than a good camera to get a good quality video out.

In short, I believe suggestions and critique are good, but there’s no need to give them in a disrespectful way and Nash should listen to them but that doesn’t always mean they should also honor them.

3 Likes

This is why communication in writing is so inefficient. No intonation or facial expressions could be seen, so everyone are looking from their point of view.
Not at all my intentions to be disrespectful.

I am perfectly fine with the podcast being audio only, but I do also understand people suggesting a video podcast.
Personally I don’t know how much effort it would take to change the format now and if it would be worth it.
In the end, it remains to be decided by the Nash Team which format is best suited for informing and reaching the biggest audience possible.

3 Likes

I like podcasts, but youtube gives more visibility and people who would be new to the space would be able to easily go and listen to the older podcasts, to know more about Nash.

Present format is good for those who know about nash, but it is not good enough for attracting new people to nash.

I still remember when I first got to know about neo it was through youtube, not through podcast. I wanted to know more about neo, so i started listening to all the good material which was available on neo on the youtube.

Same would happen with nash, once people know about nash, they would want to know more about nash. So if the audios/videos are available on the tube, the may listen to it.

That increases product engagement.

Please dont do that mistake.

1 Like

The podcast is not the main or only thing the marketing and communications team produces. Doing a video podcast would limit us in many ways today and require more time and investment. The goal is to inform and share knowledge with the community. The podcasts are planned to be 1 internal guest one episode, 1 external guest the next episode. To record external guests and guarantee a good quality would be complicated to do in video.

I am certain everyone in the team would love to do a video recorded podcast in a studio that we fly every guest to. That is just not possible today.

8 Likes