Andreas Aantonop

Andreas Aantonop will have a live session on the 15 of augustus on his YouTube channel about decentralised exchanges. You can ask him questions.
So let’s spam him with questions about Nash.

Please don’t spam Andreas with Nash questions. I don’t think Andreas is a defender of the direction we are taking on Nash - while we will agree in many things specially on self-custody I believe we will have a big misalignment on other points such as our choice to comply with an European regulator.

24 Likes

I meant it in a good way but I do understand where you are coming from.

2 Likes

Yea, This is something I was wondering as well. Nash has a great vision and mission and I don’t doubt it.
It still makes me wonder, what would Bitcoin be if you had to register and get approval to start your Bitcoin account. A truly decentralized exchange would have been awesome with no KYC and anyone monitoring.

:question:

SEC Charges EtherDelta Founder With Operating an Unregistered Exchange

3 Likes

If you want mainstream adoption you have to play by the rules…

1 Like

Unregulated exchanges are going to be the new silk roads. They will soon go to Tor I feel…

I don’t think Andreas is a defender of the direction we are taking on Nash - while we will agree in many things specially on self-custody I believe we will have a big misalignment on other points such as our choice to comply with an European regulator.

I can’t see why he’d be against Nash, unless he desires anarchistic revolution for the existing financial systems, which would seem both irresponsible and impatient. Distributing and enabling finance to everyone is the main goal, and most people in the world are not traders…

Is KYC required in order for a Nash user to sign up, store $500,000 worth of assets in their wallet, and then send them to whomever they wish, whenever they wish? Will KYC be required if sending funds to other users between contract wallets (if so, nice; if not, well it’s convenient but by no means necessary)? KYC for trading and on-ramping from fiat simply makes sense, and to hate on Nash solely because of those things is nonsense.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see this happen.