A simple thing to consider

PayPal Market Cap = $127,000,000,000 usd
Nash Market Cap = $25,610,650 usd

(127bil / 25.6 mil = 4958.87) * 1000nex = $‭4,958,870‬ usd

If nash achieves a market cap of ‭$6,350,000,000‬ (5% of PayPal), then 5000 nex tokens would be worth $1,239,717 usd.

Keep in mind that many projects reached 5, 10, and even 20 billion valuations during the 2017 bull run. Don’t compare nash to binance or any crypto exchange, if you’re going to compare it to anything then it should be PayPal. We’re trying to provide people with a safer, cheaper and more efficient alternative to things like PayPal and centralized banking.

Paypal: (with ~300mil users)

• Requires the user to have a bank or CC
  • charges ridiculous fees for each transaction, increasing with transaction size.
  • A zero-fee off-ramp to your bank account.

Nash:

• Targets both the banked and unbanked
  • Charges nothing per transaction
  • Has banking partner’s who charge independent fees for the off-ramp to your bank account.

Yes, the project begins with the rollout of the exchange and trading tools, but not in a bid to dominate every other exchange in the crypto space; it’s because the exchange portion is the foundation and the most logical starting point (the security derives all value from it, and crypto users are the best initial target audience). Displacing binance and pumping token price is not our agenda, and does nothing to help us succeed. Don’t lose sight of the primary goal, and don’t get hung up on token price. Focus more on driving user adoption, which is always a slow gradual process in the beginning.

Our goal as the community should be to educate the unacquainted and encourage them to look deeper into this project. Hopefully some decide to throw a few hundred bucks into nex and stake it for 2 years, and hopefully our help will have made a profound impact on their lives; helping them to buy a home, pay off debts or care for sick loved ones in the future, all while driving user adoption. We’re not trying to sucker people in to dump bags on them, that’s foolishly shortsighted and unnecessary.

Even if nash falls woefully short of their target of 1-billion users (5% of PayPal’s user base = 15 million), you’re still in a good position to potentially end up with a substantial return on your investment (at $0.90, if 1000 nex can reach $200,000 usd, that’s a ~22,000% return. And even if it falls well short of that - say a 4,400% return - that’s still up to $200,000 usd if you hold 5000 nex). A $40 nex might seem unachievably high to some (a 1.13bil market cap), but it’s very much possible.

Exchange volume and getting merchants to adopt NashPay is a hurdle, but even if NashPay decided to start charging 0.3% fees on transactions or purchases and added this to token-holder dividends (we don’t know what they’re planning, and they’ll adapt wherever necessary), that’d make PayPa’s 2-4% fee look laughable while making NEX more desirable and driving up the market cap.

If your only ambition is to dump bags and make bank, that’s fine. My ambition is to have a vastly superior alternative to PayPal which can also serve as a bank account to make my life easier, with the added bonus of it generating passive revenue. The selling of tokens only becomes a factor for me if the passive revenue from staking is absurdly high, but even then, allocating staked tokens towards charitable or entrepreneurial pursuits may pose a much better alternative to dumping tokens.

Let the team do their thing, and don’t even worry about the token price. Get as much nex as you’re comfortable holding, stake it, and then - if the company should succeed in their vision - you’re all set. It could take 6+ years. But you’re set. Just collect dividends in the meantime, and try to help others who are willing to listen so they also have a chance to benefit from the potential success of nash.

The longer you can delay your gratification, the better off you’ll be. Though the dividends are there to provide some instant gratification relief

9 Likes

Amen :pray:

Well said.

I do wonder about timing though. As you say, user adoption is a slow process and it’s pivotal for Nash’s success. Did Nash launch at the right time? Or did they launch too soon – is it possible user adoption is further on the horizon, and Nash’s runway isn’t long enough?

Just questions I ask myself to stay grounded. I still believe Nash is the best value proposition out there right now.

I’m pretty sure the timing is near perfect. The crypto community has been talking about DEXes for years. Unfortunately none was able to provide a user experience somewhat close to that of centralized exchanges… until Nash! Give it a few more features/pairs and I’m convinced it can catch on and grow very quickly.

One of the hints that timing is about right is the ProofOfKeys event happening every now and then. That’s probably something Marketing can capitalize upon: in fact they’re starting to https://twitter.com/nashsocial/status/1213108439322370055 !

2 Likes

I wonder the same thing. Too late? Too soon? Perfect timing?

Binance & coinbase launched with good timing, while many other ICOs timed things terribly and most of them are now dead. I think Nash launched the ICO a few months before the accumulation phase (~100 bil crypto market cap), which would’ve been the perfect time, so I guess their timing was second-to-perfect.

As for mass adoption, it’s difficult to predict which year non-crypto users will make the switch to DeFi. I’m guessing it’ll occur roughly 1 year after the majority of us begin using email addresses or domain names to send/receive funds, and no longer need to bother with individual wallet addresses. That needs to become automated.

If I see Nash achieve a net neutral cash flow, that’s when I’ll consider them a successful startup and be able to rest easy. If they do that, they can go on indefinitely. That’s my main concern, not the token price.

My other concern is that BTC is slow af, yet everyone in the community believes that volume will skyrocket when BTC trading is added. I’d like to see volume increase for the sake of the company’s cash flow, but it’s difficult to imagine how BTC will behave. If I were to send some BTC from my personal account to my trading account, and then I bought/sold BTC 4 times, and then withdrew it back to my personal account. Will it take ~30 minutes for each transaction, or only to/from the personal wallet, or will the entire process be super fast? Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

I think several dozen new pairs would make a big difference, when the time is right. 1,000 users trading $30,000 per day would yield roughly $300,000 usd per month per 10,000,000 nex tokens. It appears the founders haven’t staked yet (I think?), so those funds (and then some) go towards maintaining the company. I could be totally wrong on that, but hopefully achieving that net neutral cash flow isn’t a hugely difficult task.

Edit: Brave ads just sent me here - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/honey/bmnlcjabgnpnenekpadlanbbkooimhnj
and then I saw this - https://techcrunch.com/2019/11/20/paypal-to-acquire-shopping-and-rewards-platform-honey-for-4-billion/

I’m guessing people love savings, so that exploded, and PayPal loves users, so they’re willing to dump a ton of cash to acquire them. It might be worth exploring something like that, as a side-project & potential user adoption strategy; identify a desired service that can be provided for free, outsource its production (it’s neither critical to, nor remotely as complicated as nash), and then absorb its user base in a few years time.

1 Like

Nash does not need this to be succesful. Replacing Binance as top exchange or even placing in the top-10 of crypto exchanges would make it extremely succesful already.
What you’re refering to is the next phase we can only dream of for now: this will probably take a few years and if Nash is still around at that time, each NEX token will be worth hundreds if not thousands.

I can’t predict the future, but I’m pretty sure Nash team knows this is not acceptable for their users. Their implementation is based on a Lighting-network-like solution, which should make things fast. The question is whether it will be up to a few minutes or mere seconds at most.

you cannot compare nash with paypal (so far). and the benefits you mentioned are catastrophic disadvantages. Paying from known to known (private) is hardly available on the internet. paypal takes care of paying for purchases. people without kyc (unbanked) cannot be kept there. nor is nash or crypto secure yet!
not for the customer or seller without security. the money sent is sent. that is also not tenable. the costs of paypal fall due for work on insurance cases, chargebacks etc pp. nash first needs a grand smart contract solution to regulate all of this. if nash manages to get around these costs, there may be a chance

if the customer is at the checkout in the shop, you don’t need all of this. but in the age of internet and country-bound parcel shipping, the demands are already higher.

1 Like