A non-custodial exchange can drive mass adoption?

Dear friends,
as a member of this community i really believe that nash can become one of the major digital asset exchanges.
But i cant imagine a non-custodial technology to drive mass adoption.
For me: mass adoption is strictly related to payments (lets suppose people will need to pay in crypto)…and we want to pay through nash pay.
how do i connect my beloved tokens to merchants ? are we going to trust someone else wallet? do i need to walk around with my ledger ?

Are we going to found another (custodial) company to store our founds and have it ready when needed?

My understanding is that we’ll be able to use Nash Pay via the mobile apps and spend any tokens held in our Nash wallet

1 Like

yep, and if your friend wish another token you dont hold nash will switch it automatically for you
Also there will be API for web shops etc

1 Like

Hi @CryptoPollo
I learned a lot watching the Q2 event regarding Nash Pay
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_esxm8LhSo ) Fabio explains the way NashPay works. Or maybe you already seen that. :+1:

Greetz Frenk

If the next generation of financial services will not be non-custodial than we don’t need decentralized networks.

6 Likes

I’ll be the first to use non-custodial financial services on decentralized networks but i’ll always need a centralized (secured) service to store my salaries or any kind of incomes

Feel free to use whatever you like. While you’re at it, can you tell us why you think centralized services are more secure or better than decentralized ones?

So in 2008 my “safe” services in germany were saved with 500 billion euro. until today we suffer from that and hardly anything has changed. that was all luck, the banks could also have ended like lehman-brothers. so much too “safe” & “centralized”

At the moment, a banking app destroys the banks in Germany (n26) and they suffer from the app. nash is like that, but better. (something like) nash will be the next step

Hi CryptoPollo,

I’m not entirely sure if I understand your question(s) fully, but i’ll do my best to shed my light on it.

First off, I totally believe you are right about the part that in forseeable future the majority of us will still be dependent on the (centralised) banking systemt and fiat for our day-to-day payments. The adoption of crypto is tugging along, but still has a long way to go before the infrastructure is ready for millions of users. That’s why it’s important for exchanges to have fiat on/off ramps. A fiat on/off ramp is a collaboration with a banking partner, so customers can buy/sell cryptocurrency for fiat. Nash has established a multitude of such collaborations, and fiat on/off ramps will be part of the MVP. This means that in the foreseeable future, you can still use your own bank for your fiat payments as you are used to.

You further informed how you can create a transfer to a merchant. This will be done via Nash Pay. I haven’t read this part fully to be honest, but I do get the general idea. The beautifull thing about Nash Pay is that the payment will be settled p2p. It doesn’t require any custodial, because the payment utilises the decentralised networks from the currency of your chosing. From my understanding, the Nash wallet functions as a universal wallet. This mean that you will create one wallet for each of the blockchain that’s being traded on the Nash Exchange, stemming from one pnomic seed-phrase (24-words usually). Now, for the payments between different blockchains. Let’s say you want to pay in ethereum but the merchant only accepts bitcoin, you can make that transaction via Nash Pay (which will be operational on phones, android and ios). From my understanding it will be as easy as login, scan the QR-code and accept the transaction. In the background, Nash Pay will switch the assets by trading them automatically on the Nash Exchange.

Please feel free to correct me if i’m getting something twisted here!

Nick

2 Likes

thanks for your replies and explainations