2FA back up code (google authenticator)

Hey guys,

Another noob question probably, but I just want to check to make sure. I’ve enabled 2FA on my account by using google authenticator on my phone.

During this proces, you have to scan a QR code in order to add your account to google authenticator. Beneath the QR code, you get a manual code (12 letters/numbers). Is this the back-up code for like when I lose/break my phone?

Just checking because it wasn’t clear to me tbh. If it’s not, where can I see my back-up code?

Thank you in advance!
Nick

Hi @Nickstar007 , this is the right thing, copy it and save it in case you will need it later

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ve written it down fo safe keeping! @canesin, is it possible to make it more clear for new users that the manual code is in fact your back-up code?

1 Like

Yeah really, because a) it hasn’t been like that for all the back-up codes for google auth, and b) if the platform endorses the use of 2FA it should be crystal clear in it’s explanation.

For new users who are unaccustomed with 2FA (especially non-english users) , there’s no way they’ll all figure out that a ‘manual code’ is the same as a back-up code. If some would lose their phone and can’t access their funds anymore, they’ll complain and guess what, they’ll be right. These kind of issues could be easily avoided.

You can reset them via support? Oh, that I didn’t know. If you’re sure about that , than consider the above a non-issue. I thought you’d be totally locked out of your NASH account without your 2FA-back up code (like when you lose your phone)

Okay, thanks for explaining. I didn’t know that!

1 Like