Why I don't use exchange even if I want to

A competition is a competitive game though.

Nash also offers paid market making for professionals.

So people don’t like ETH blockchain fees and color blue. I think there should be better explanation of what’s going on when doing transactions. I hope to see an ability to send assets from Nash channel to external wallet. I don’t mind color blue and UI seems fine. But I really dislike the static depth chart, it’s been annoying me since the very beginning.

I like the UI and the overall design style of Nash and the Nash League. I think it looks great!

My only complaint design-wise is the absence of dark-mode in the mobile app and the occasional bugs that my referrals noticed upon registration (nothing major but affects the first impression).

The blockchain fees are annoying but that’s the price a user pays for having his funds on the blockchain. I realize that many users would prefer no such fees to all the negative aspects of CEXs but we have to reach out to those that don’t think so. Long-term, there would be no benefits of trading on CEXs.

1 Like

Thank you very much for this post! You just found a mistake. It looks like the limits showing in the platform are not at all correct.

The correct Nash Cash limits for both buy/sell are:

Tier 1: 25k / year
Tier 2: no limit
TIer 3: no limit

Devs are informed and this will be fixed asap.

6 Likes

My experience is the complete opposite. I feel that the Nash aesthetic lacks pretty colors & illustrations, and doesn’t particularly appeal to people in the 18-26 age bracket.

It looks clean and professional, and it’s my assumption that Nash is branding itself with businesses/institutions as the primary target, because it’s clearly not visually riveting to that younger adult demographic based on my attempts to refer new users (almost all of whom were in their 20s).

Odd choice, he could’ve just used Nash Cash and paid zero fees, and traded BTC/ETH/NOIA/NEO to get his feet wet, and go from L2 -> L1 -> CEX using NEO, if he wanted to mess about on Binance/Kucoin.

My experience is, those who land on the homepage, get the initial impression that I’m a scammer. The “Up to $1,000,000 in prizes” may not help in that regard. People online have poor attention spans, and typically won’t bother digging for info, especially the younger generation.

I get the feeling the aesthetic would appeal most to a 40-55 age group. They could probably conduct a short poll to confirm that. I’m not really sure who their target is.

Just something I stumbled on: Perpetual protocol is a derivatives dex that postponed their launch because of high ETH fees. They did now and they seem to have solved this with xDai? Not a technical man but Could be some inspiration: total of 183$ transaction fees for a total of 179K transactions. so They pay the 183 bucks for their users :slight_smile:

I think the heart of Nash is security, network costs will be solved, but withdrawing from Binance also comes at a high cost.

I personally receive money from clients through PayPal and I sell everything on Binance p2p, I buy NEO and I go to Switcheo to buy NEX.

NEO is important for the development of Nash, I even think Nash should develop a nETH (Eth wrap) to avoid ETH gas fees and use NEO channels that have cheaper gas, maybe some of this can be done in the future if the network cost of ETH is still so expensive.

NEO has a lot of future, Nash + NEO together would be unstoppable, I think they should iron out their rough edges and get to work side by side as it should be.

1 Like

Wrapped coins are contrary to Nash values and should not be promoted. However, developing this as a non-obligatory option for users to choose if they want to save on fees might be a good idea.

I am kinda torn on this one.

2 Likes

this is just an example of a dashboard handy for refferals and Nash league trading

1 Like

I ran a poll on reddit a couple weeks ago regarding layer-2 services. I was only able to get 65 votes, but here are the results anyways.

Some comments in the thread:

No. If a network is to work properly, relying on sidechains to scale your poorly scaling network is just bad coding. A network should work correctly and with low fees naturally, you shouldn’t be having to sidestep the network with a layer 2 solution because the network is too clogged to function. Layer2s and DEXes also have awful liquidity and if you want to trade on them you flatten or blow up the fragile orderbook if you want any sort of meaningful purchase. It’s great that these solutions technically exist, but no one wants to pay $15-$50 in gas to fund a wallet to “reduce gas fees”. It’s just flawed. Good first step, bad execution.

[same author as above] People won’t agree with it, but I think it is a fundamental flaw of a network when you have to avoid the network itself because it is too congested to be used. I’d argue the same when the Bitcoin network is pushing $50 fees. No amount of decentralization is worth paying higher fees than a bank for fees. Crypto is supposed to provide a decentralized alternative for banks, not become banks with extra steps. Privileged degenerates paying $50 fees to move their DEFI tokens around often forget this. Since you’ve edited, people simply swallow the fees because they think they are making more money for doing it. They have the option of doing this, but it’s not ideal. Some people make money, others have their profits disappear down the fee rabbit hole.

I actually do use Loopring and would like to know which L2 has the most liquidity and trading pairs. Didn’t know there were other working L2 solutions yet

Food for thought. I’m sure the team has done this market research already – I just wanted to see where reddit was with layer-2.

7 Likes