Q1 2021 Quarterly AMA

13. Binance created the possibility to legally offer stock tokens by partnering with CM-Equity AG and Digital Assets AG. Is Nash considering or working on offering tokenized stocks too?

I believe a direct 2nd concurrent to Binance is healthy for the market and that 2nd spot is still available. Possibly with partner Railsbank, same partners as Binance, or other partners.

In case the answer is no, could we expect such offerings in the soon future?

7 Likes

14. Will an affiliate program be made to obtain rewards for onboarding (web)shops with Nash Link? With a simple promotion package and plug and play system, I believe individuals but also companies will become eager to hook (web)shops onboard.

Nash Link could be offered as a free addition to existing payment options. Allows a low threshold for onboarding.

1 Like

Since this question only came up sporadically, I want to go into it a little deeper.

In the road map there was talk of a marketing campaign that should start in the first quarter.
How about that? Which channels does Nash plan to use in the future?

Twitter
YouTube advertising
Influencer / Blogger
Television
Newspaper / PR
Search engine optimization

In short, how does Nash want to get new customers?
And best regards to the team who work so hard every day !!!

2 Likes
  1. In the strategy it says:

Our existing exchange has an important function in enabling low fees for fiat ramps and Nash Link. We will increase liquidity for major pairs while targeting professional traders incentivised by NEX staking rewards, low fees and advanced security.

What is nash’s Strategie for bringing more professional Traders and hence more volume to the platform besides Nash League?

1. How many professional marketing people are working for nash right now and how big is the budget for marketing expenses in 2021?
4 Likes
  1. I wonder what canesin is working on at the moment and how much
    % is engaged in work in NASH?
  2. Do you consider financing from large B-series investors, for example?
  3. Do you have a clear projection of potential volume on the partner ramps you are implementing in Q2? If the answer is yes, how much do you think so.
  4. Do you think you can have a million active users or more by the end of the year? Yes or no?

I want an answer to all the questions.
Thank you.

1 Like

Hello, don’t know if anyone already asked this.

1. If you guys need funds to get the securities license to trade NEX, would you be open to do another funding round?, i will be participating and show my support to the project, i believe in this team and want to see nash succeed. (Incredible how i keep seeing projects with no products getting ridiculous amounts of money)
6 Likes

I have been here since the ICO I really like the Idea of shifting NASH to not only an exchange but much more. I do have some questions regarding the development:

1. There are tons of UX bugs, that are sitting in the Desktop version of NASH. As a user it’s really annoying seeing them. For the mobile version I have never managed to send NEO from staking to personal. So my question is: Why are you guys not fixing the User experience, fixing the bugs? I have seen new users trying the platform and leaving never to return because of BAD experience. I can’t convince my friends to use or invest in NASH (Please don’t respond with create ticket to support. Already did)

2. You have invested a lot of time developing the Exchange and now you are shifting to other products. That’s totally fine, but still a lot of work went to the exchange you are going to add new coins as well. You are persuing the Netherlands, all good things…but How are you going to promote NASH, how would you convince people to start using it ? All I see is couple of new comers coming and leaving. How would you change so that people will stay and tell other to try NASH ? Are we going to see one day real advertisement for NASH ?

3. You have been developing the platform since 2018. We can see that a lot of the developing is slow. Do you guys think that with more developers you can deliver faster and more products ? 10 coins for 2021, why not 20 or 30. Why not develop faster when we are in the bull run ? Simply hire more devs so that the platform can lift off faster.

4. Liquidity. I know from legal point you can’t actually provide liquidity for NASH pairs. But there are ways to do that. Trading competitions like the one you are doing with the Seasons. Why don’t you provide this way liquidity for your pairs ? Trading competion for pairs. The only way in and out of the Nash Channels that is free is NEO. Why don’t you bring back GAS as well, provide GAS/USDC pair that way we can transfer less than 1 NEO ($64).
    Currently we have volume less than 300K, do you think this is usable ? I remember the 15 mil trade done in couple of minutes, but if the exchange volume is 300K I don’t see something similar to happen ever again. How are you going to provide liquidity to the exchange ?

5. Now that you are fiat ramp provider, what kind of orders can NASH handle ? Can I buy 10000 Bitcoins if I am level 4 tier ? Can I sell 10000 ?
    What range of liquidity can you provide for the fiat ramps ?

6. The partnerships are great so far. Really great job! Waiting forward to see them in action.
    What kind of volume do you expect from the 3rd party fiat ramps ?

7. For what period of time are the partnerships with AAVE, Matic, Avalanche ?

8. For how long do you have enough money to operate ? I do believe in NASH, I do care about the tech, I would love to buy things with my NASH card but I am afraid of 3 things:
    Developing slow, not fixing the bugs, not enough advertisement and simply running out of money…
    It’s better to burn money fast now by hiring more devs to fix the bugs, to fix the user experience, to develop faster. Burn money for CEO, for ads, for marketing. We are in Bull market, we should act faster.
    I love the new Roadmap but with all the bugs and bad user experience we are going to be only fiat provider for 3rd parties if we don’t act…

11 Likes

From the start of the adventure, Nash seems to be a disorganized society and seems to have great difficulty anticipating difficulties.

Is it due to the way of working remotely and not having a common office?

We have long missed deadlines. With the arrival of kelloggs and the restructuring, I thought it was over. However, it looks like the targets for the first quarter of 2021 are being missed again. It’s quite astonishing when we know that it was announced during this same quarter …

Regarding the anticipation, it seems that the team is only planning a plan A but never an alternative, which brings us at the pivot.

My question is therefore: did you anticipate the release of the September stakes, the end of trading on switcheo, the competition with utk sxp and others in terms of influence and domination on the networks?

Finally, bonus question do you think, finally get away from the neo, which from day one seems to be a big brake on different levels for your company?

3 Likes

Hello Nash,

I held NEX since ICO, held through the bearmarket and tried to pitch in where I could. I suggested 2 customers for LINK, 1 small one (no reaction), 1 rather big one. I stayed positive, made some contributions to the forum and I generated more then 2 million volume on the exchange in the competitions. Got some hope with the new roadmap but it that hope is fading. This is reflected in the loss of my investment which is in excess of 100.000,- dollars… But hey, that’s what it is, playing with the grown ups now.

• my 50 year old neighbor bought BTC with bankcard in NL, who cares about 2% fee? she wanted it quick and easy, stored in a wallet provided by the seller. A few options available in NL alone… (compliant by the way) → you want your own keys? just transfer to a BTC wallet.
  • There are dozens of providers with crypto cards
  • L2 swap, orderbook exhanges popping up everywhere
  • I can start earning interest on blockfi or DEFI
  • Casa provides a user friendly multisig wallet. marketed everywhere.

So to sum it all up, and since I have still a descent amount of staked NEX:

• What is the USP of nash going forward?
  • What problem is NASH solving which is not solved by other projects or exchanges?
  • Who is the user NASH is targeting?

Thanks.

16 Likes

Nash made a decision in 2017 to pursue a security status of their token for various reasons. Regardless of what tfey were, did Nash receive the perceived value of obtaining this security status?

What benefits has the security, as opposed to any other token, provided to Nash? Also, what doors did it close?

I read there are security offerings that provide things like discounts to its holders, why is Nash not able to add extra incentive like this to their own? If I own 100 Ford stock, vehicle discounts. If I own Berkshire, Geico discounts. IBM, laptop discounts, etc.

Will nash offer Bank accounts for business as well?

Will the bank account services be provided for Switzerland?

1 Like

Hi Garda,

let us talk about it. I actually would like to have a one-time change of mind.
There is no benefit for any of us in forcing people to stay into the staked contract. They will dump these tokens once they have the chance anyway.
These people constantly troll, cause fud and hurt this community.

My proposal: People that started their Stake before 1.1.2021 can instantly release their tokens. Some of them will dump them on the market - creating a short term price drop.

However I believe in the long run this will actually help us. Because we will get rid of people that shouln’t have invested in the first place and people that believe this project can succed will be able to buy them - kinda cleansing the community from bad actors.
I don’t see any value in keeping these people locked in.

For me this situation reminds me of the Amazon “Customer Review Model” where people could give negative reviews from the start. Most people thought its a bad idea. But in the long run it payed off.

Yes. Nash doesn’t have do do it. But why shouldn’t they? Of cause people that staked for 24 months had the benefit of the 75% but come on. This shouldn’t be the only reason to demand people that want to leave to stay. They don’t use the exchange anyway.

IMO its a lose-lose situation to keep these bad actors locked in the contract.

1 Like

What you are proposing is a dangerous precedent. What if it was reversed and Nash wanted to lower your rate of income sharing for reasons X? Unilateral change of contract should be impossible in crypto, the whole idea you are proposing is antithetical to the values of crypto and its trustless and irreversible nature. You tried introducing a utilitarian argument but that is missing the poing since it’s not a matter of of cost/benefit but the underlying principle of an irreversible (smart) contract that is fundamental to crypto and should never ever be questioned, even for a life or death situation. I just hope that the staking contract that the Nash team deployed is indeed irreversible which would put the rest these types of discussions to rest once and for all.

6 Likes
  • A difficult question - considering nash is pivoting from original vision, is nex ico price @ 1$ a fair price

• References to potential Series A funding in future, why not consider selling some of unsold nex tokens from ico/company tokens/founder tokens

It is disappointing to see so many crypto exchanges still thriving today despite legal non-compliance.
Nash must find a way to become profitable despite the unfortunate reality of having to compete with exchanges that work with less restrictions and more money.
I feel that marketing the L2 exchange to professional investors is our best option to achieve profitability. We should continue to leverage legal compliance to increase market share.

Would Nash consider sending out detailed financial reports (monthly or quarterly) to investors with (e.g.) >1000 staked NEX?

Hello,
can you give an information on which roadmap milestones Nash is working in parallel?
In other words, does the work on open Q1 roadmap goals influence work on Q2 goals (f.e. expand to UK/ expand to NL, recurring purchases / interest earning)?
Regards

1 Like

Hey guys, quick thank you and congratulations for what you have achieved so far.

I understand that exchange liquidity is central to the success of our platform, and also something that has been a pain point for the team and users with on-chain fees being so expensive at the moment and the liquidity can be hard to come by.

I was listening to a podcast on the Delphi Digital Podcast about a new decentralized liquidity engine called Tokemak who incentivize investors to allocate liquidity across DeFi platforms where it is required. From what I can gather it has the potential to really help Nash liquidity grow basically for free!

The Nash League incentives have proven effective thus far, yet I imagine somewhat expensive over time and unsustainable. With Tokemak liquidity engine I believe we may even be able to allocate liquidity profitably across the platform and as a NASH investor this sounds very good to me.

So, I was wondering if you have already looked into partnering with Tokemak and if not, whether you would consider employing a supplemental liquidity strategy to the ones currently in effect?
Also, are there any clever plans in the works to lower fees on the platform? This is a very big pain point for myself and other users I am in communication with.

Cheers!

2 Likes

@canesin could you please talk with us?
I am missing the podcast, YouTube interviews, the letter where you communicate with our community. I miss the family like feeling, the good intentions that I could see in your body language through the video interviews.
The passion/excitement and competence that was so clearly visible in those early YouTube videos.

Please :pensive:

2 Likes

I think it is crucial for the success of Nash to offer NEX on Nash exchange in the shorter term rather than the longer term. I know that it is currently not a priority and the license is very expensive, but I have two questions:

1. Did you consider a solution via secondary market for security trading as CoinMetro did? Maybe also only as an intermediate solution? Primary markets already exist in Europe (e.g. Ignium [1]). Short explanation: CoinMetro is a centralized exchange (also seeking to be legally compliant and focusing on Europe), who offer digital security trading. They even claim to be Europe’s First Security Token Investment Platform [2].
    I did some research and found this article on medium [3], where the architecture is explained. Apparently they use Ignium as a central security depository (CSD). On Ignium’s website you can see, that the CEO of CoinMetro is also part of the founding team of Ignium [1] (which might be sketchy).

2. Did you consider another funding round for obtaining the security trading license?

[1] https://ignium.io/
[2] Crypto Trading Platform | CoinMetro.com
[3] CoinMetro & Ignium - tokenized securities explained | Medium