Q1 2020 Quarterly Report: Post your AMA questions here!

Have you thought of building your own cross chain etherscan that shows flows between the statechannels and the respective public chains?

1 Like

When will the simplified interface be back on the live version? It was really nice. I presume it was because there is not enough liquidity for it work at the moment?

1 Like

NEX isn’t a stablecoin. It is not meant to stick to one price. The price is determined by supply and demand.

ever considered the future issuance/integration of a permissioned security protocol ?

considering the competitive advantage that exchanges will gain from implementing the Lightning Network for bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies) deposits/withdrawals, does nash have plans to offer the LN as one of its services in the future? is it compatible with the way nash currently operates?

4 Likes

Check the Nash protocol topic.

thanks bro! help me understand please: you’re suggesting that if the LN network were to be implemented it would be as a service from a 3rd party integrating nash’s backend? my question is really about whether the exchange itself will offer the chance to transfer funds using the LN

Nash’s solution to Bitcoin trading is a custom implementation of the lighting network, as confirmed on this blog article:

Nick’s response was about Nash making its solution a paying service: Nash protocol answers just that.

thanks. I’m aware that nash uses state channels to execute trades, what I’m wondering is if it will be possible in the future to DEPOSIT AND WITHDRAW from the exchange using the LN. like, rather than sending BTC to a BTC address, paying a lighting invoce to deposit or withdraw.

The challenge here is that the BTC comes in on a lightning channel and then needs to be transferred to a state channel to interact with the matching engine, I doubt this is possible without first closing the lightning channel before using that BTC to open the Nash state channel, hope that makes sense. Obviously there’s a network fee for opening and closing channels so it’ll be twice as expensive to use lightning vs just BTC.

1 Like

yeah id say Nash potentially is a competing channel standard

to be fair brings more meaning to "nashing a payment "

If u Nash me a BTC its already in the channel and we both have access to this network through our wallets …

i wonder … if its possible for wallet providers to comit a BTC to a channel before a block confirms

contraversial stuff i know ^^

As a Canadian myself, not soon enough! :grimacing:

3 Likes

As a Canadian myself, not soon enough!

Amen brother! Haha

what about Interest yields on stablecoin deposits … competitive edge on Neobanks ?

well done on legal listing of USD-C in Europe … EUR-C would actually make this more relevant?

EUR/USD-C market

insead of people having to redeem to fiat to realise an FX move

I know its out of ur hands but any developments there

1 Like

Has your strategy in the near term focused more on institutional than retail ?

where do you see the most opportunity outside of bitcoin volume ?

1 Like

Tinfoil hat warning

Is offering BTC and Eth integration to fintech banks/payment apps a Trojan horse to offer stable coin payment settlement to replace swift ?

the analogue reserve integration is ready… Nash is ready… U just need more stable coins and more apps … then poof

1 Like

This thread will remain open till Wednesday night. Make sure to ask your questions by then!

1. How many developers do you have on the NASH team at the moment?

2. I have a separate trading account and a personal account, if NASH is attacked, is there any chance that the assets in the trading account could be taken by hackers?

What’s the timeframe for NEX trading pairs, eg ETH/NEX, NEO/NEX (BTC…) etc. Hope to see NEX as the base pairing for a variety of popular coins.

2 Likes