Product virality: The untapped potential of Nash payments

thanks for this effort OP. You deserve a thousand of claps.

1 Like

@canesin please hire this guy.

4 Likes

This is great stuff, I hope Nash team is watching because I’m sure Binance spies are.

2 Likes

Love it.

Here in the States, there’s a popular payments app called Venmo (one of many). I actually don’t remember how long I’ve been using it, but I originally used Chase Bank’s “Quickpay” solution. One afternoon, a friend asked if I could reimburse him for lunch with Venmo. Then another. Then “Venmo-ing” became common vernacular within our social groups (according to pymnts.com, " PayPal-owned Venmo will have an estimated 22.9 million U.S. users by year’s end."

Why did I switch? It was fast and easy to onboard my account…and now my immediate family (+7) all use it as well. 100% agree with your outlook, and that’s why the scope of what Nash wants to accomplish gets me more excited than the exchange.

edit: I came here to post in another topic, but your post was too appetizing, and now I’ve lost my train of thought :joy:

3 Likes

:smiley:

Amazing work yet again.

Yep, a business strategist and product strategist role could possibly be a big help for Nash.

One of the reasons fintech startups are having so much success in developed countries with peer to peer payment apps is because cash is slowly being replaced by friction-less payment methods Apple/Google pay, tap and go cards etc. Cash is also disappearing in some less developed markets as well like Africa and India where the government removed the 500 and 1k rupee notes. The market for p2p transactions in my opinion will only get bigger going forward, if the team can develop an interface which makes transferring to existing contacts as well as strangers as easy and friction-less as possible that’ll really help to boost virality! Since this is the crypto space though I imagine the first vial wave will come from the trading platform, token and staking incentives as mentioned in your previous post. Once the platform has drawn in a ton of users through the exchange having an awesome payments interface will help to hook in a new set of users and drive a second wave. I think there’s really something to be said for having more than one reason to use a platform, add payment gateways and merchant adoption as a third wave and then we’re really talking!

More reading for those curious about the potential market size of p2p payments:

2 Likes

Isnt Bitstamp & Coinbasse doing this already? The swiss amazon just start using “Payment by Crypto”

Couldn’t agree more!

Great write-up. I hope devs take a note of that

Thanks for the kind responses and replies. Although I’d love to be part of the Nash team, I’m already running and building my own company, Crobox. But as said, my primary goal is to educate the Nash community with the knowledge I have about growth models and help/inspire the Nash team where ever they see value from my posts.

1 Like

Nice idea @RDB1983 what would be really cool is if they complete the following

this counts as a referral for you.

@RDB1983 I’m nearly more excited for your next post as I am with the Nash launch. Any idea when you’ll have it ready?

1 Like

Its already written, but decided to leave it for a while as I’m not satisfied with the outcome yet. So I plan to review it somewhere this week. I’m aiming for mid April!

6 Likes

‘ready when ready’ lool

i guess this phrase is only viable when @canesin says this lol :grinning:

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance…but…
I still don’t see how the “fiat friends” actually initiate their fiat payments to ur Nash account ? what information represents ur Nash account ( i would imagine they would need something that either is or represents account number and sort code?.. that fiat is then converted to USDC
How do traditional payment processors convey to Nash that you want the fiat converted to Eth?

1 Like

I think that’s a great idea, and want to add that maybe it’s also a promising addition to be able to send the payment link from app directly via most app’s ‘‘share’’ options menu (which directs to other messaging apps) as a means to insert the link in Whatsapp, mail or any of the others.

So Nash App–>Share-menu—> messenger.