Perception around fees table changes

While staking nex could reduce trading fees as a new tokenomic function, it would therefore also give less dividends for nex holders.
I think it would be good if nex gives a trading discount as well, but it would make it complicated to advertise or promote this. And it shouldnt then be much.
I think its best if nex sticks to dividends only and add a maker fee. As kazan said, 0.1% maker fee is easy to market and promote and is almost nothing, yet adds big time to nash as a company and to the dividends.

I personally do not agree with the holding of Nex for a reduced fee. It would simply add another barrier to entry, make it to similar to other exchanges and the most important reason in my eyes.

It would directly contradict the initial goal of Nash when the Nex token was offered (1000 per person) with the goal of actually decentralizing profits.

Lower fees for staking would make a few large B2B users suck up Nex tokens, which while inflating the price, would have negative long term impacts.

• Making it financially impractical for smaller players or normal investers to stake (for lower fees in the case of B2B, or for a chance to get a piece of the profits for average investors).
5 Likes

I think the fee structure should not depend on whether you stake NEX or not.

Why - two reasons:

• If the team does so, then NASH is identical to many other exchanges (except the non custodial solution). “Stake our coin and enjoy reduced fees”. Why not build up a new “unique selling point” for NASH which does not need staked NEX => “Competitive fees, non custodial/secure, no staked NEX needed”.
  • NEX is a security token with quite small / not very liquid markets on DEXes. I am not an expert regarding compliance but organisations / professional market makers migh not even be allowed to buy such securities or the limited markets of NEX might pose an “entry barrier” which scares off some of these organisations.

Why not keep it simple - reduce the fees to a level which is competitive to the main rivals, highlight the fact that you do not even need to stake NEX to enjoy these rates (on the contrary to BNB etc.) and be sure that you funds are REALLY SAFU (non-custodial).

7 Likes

Thank you all for your opinions and comments, the main idea here was to listen so I will not reply further. Rest assured this was helpful to better serve the business and community.

21 Likes