Patent for Nash Matching Engine

As investors and holders of NEX Token, it is important to realize that the only asset that we have a stake in is the matching engine. While all the other aspects of the exchange are equally if not less important than the matching engine, our rights are limited to the matching engine. As such, protecting the long term sustainability of the matching engine is of paramount importance for the security of token holders. As we know that the matching engine of NEX is unique and not similar to any other exchange out there, my question is whether we have exclusive legal rights to the technology the engine uses and whether we can block other exchanges in future from blatantly copying the NEX Matching engine? @canesin @fabwa @ethan

3 Likes

As a token holder, we have a right to claim a share of the profits generated by the matching engine, not the tech or the company itself from the info I have so far but a very good question. A patent will be icing on the cake. :money_mouth_face:

my guess by applying patent, nash will have to explain the internals in public and may be someone can copy the tech with slight adjustments and still not violate any rule

2 Likes

I wont worry the team about this. Don’t you think that they’ll naturally do everything possible to protect their tech from copycats?

In addition to the matching engine, I believe token holders will benefit (directly or indirectly) from future tech/products developed by Nash. It is a no-brainer. The company and team members hold NEX tokens so it will also be in their interest to continue making it attractive to stake NEX. Fabio hinted at this in his recent interview with Blockchain Brad. There are exciting times ahead for everyone in the Nash community :sunglasses:

From my know how there isn’t a way to patent the matching engine anymore. They talked in the public about how it works and with this its stand of the technique.

Even though as mentioned before a patent isn’t a good solution. With this they have to show more technical stuff about the matching engine and for competitors it will be easier to copy and create a work around about the patented solution from nash.

As investors of NEX tokens, we have a stake in the fees generated by trade volume through the matching engine, not the technology itself.

Fabio addressed the patent question here:

2 Likes