Nex Founders tokens

Lets make it this way Toni. Do you beleive that the team will stake for less than 24months? :wink:
even me i will stake my 90% and i dont want anything below the maximum dividents(75%)

1 Like

I think the two years period starts counting only when it becomes possible to stake the NEX token…

@Olu Who knows. Was hoping to get a full breakdown of token release but hopefully in due time

My big question to you OP is…why does this matter? I feel like you’re getting granular on a level with the details that’s really not important to anyone but the founders.

@Yevin You don’t think it’s good for the community and holders to have some info on when 10,000,000 nex tokens will be released? I don’t think you are looking for enough details in that case. To each their own.

1 Like

@CryptoUK1 The reality is those are not your tokens. They belong to the founders. How and when they release is irrelevant to your investment. How exactly do you feel when those tokens are released to their respective owners (the 5 founders) that it will affect your personal investment? You expect them to just dump them and flood the market? Even if they did that (incredibly unlikely), it may affect the price of the tokens themselves, but would do nothing to your staking rewards.

My feeling is that you might as well be asking about any whale who bought tons of OTC NEX or anyone who’s holding a large amount. You do not have control over those tokens, how and when they are released and what the owners do with them once they are released. So why be so concerned with it?

@yevin I’m very aware they aren’t my tokens, thanks. How you see my investment is irrelevant to me. You said yourself it has the potential to affect token price(my investment?!), not that I expect them to dump their tokens though. Have full faith in nex team and couldn’t trust them more.

Are you new to this space? It’s normal for communities to be given or ask for information on token unlock/release schedules.

Ethan clearly found it acceptable enough to answer some questions so what is your deal? Thanks to this thread we also got confirmation that tokens must vest first before staking, which wasn’t fully clear.

Would also like to add that a good, good amount of stuff we know about nex, specific details on stuff, intricacies, have only been found out from people asking the team over the past 6+ months.

So while you may not want to know the answers to the questions i asked, me and many others do and i really shouldn’t bother explaining myself when it’s a normal thing to ask. Huge difference between a company the community provided close to $25m to and random whales.

2 Likes

@CryptoUK1 Ok, my last reply may have come off a bit more antagonistic than intended. We’re all invested in NEX here so clearly we all see a lot of potential in its future.

I have seen lots of questions asked and answered, but I don’t believe they are all worth the time the team spends to do so. Many of them are, but some of them I just don’t see the point.

So what will you do with the information Ethan gave you? Does that change how you feel about the project and your investment? What if he had given an answer you didn’t like?

Ultimately, we know they will be slow released to the founders over 2 years. The specifics of that don’t seem to be worth getting into the nitty gritty. Now if they said that and then all of a sudden they were not locking them in a smart contract and dumping them all at once, then I could see questions arising. Personally, I don’t care about that, but only because it would be different than the stated plan I would understand people questioning it.

Again, apologies if I was being a bit antagonistic with my reply. We may have different views on what information is important, but we are all in this together. :nex_logo: :beers:

@Yevin I agree that it may not be the most pertinent question needing answered but do feel it’s good for the community to know. Not necessarily just for me

1 Like

@CryptoUK1And that’s fair enough. I guess we’re all entitled to ask what we feel and you did get an answer after all!

This is so unnecessary. The team is not complaining about these questions. Please allow people to ask questions freely

1 Like

Actually, that was my initial feeling on the original question. However, @CryptoUK1 and I have had a discussion about it and I understand and respect his reasons for asking, even if we have differing opinions on what info is pertinent. I would never impede people from asking questions, I was only challenging his reasons for asking and why he felt the information was important.

:pray:t5:

1 Like

Correct me if I am wrong. So your locked tokens still work like mine which I will stake for 2 years - in other words you get the rewards without having to use the staking contract? If so, does this mean, that you will be able to sell before all of us staking for 2 years (without loosing any staking rewards), regardless you want to do it or not?
Maybe I didn’t understand this correctly.

Kind regards, J.

right you are!!

Where are you guys reading this? This is not at all what Ethan said.

This means then can stake their “locked” (unvested) tokens from day 1, even if they cannot sell them.

I would also assume this means the tokens are not locked by smart contract at all, but have a vesting period (“are locked”) by their contractual arrangements with NEX, so legally they cannot sell them. (just my assumption though)

@pemides hmm. Looks like a few of us have got this completely wrong but I’m positive his post initially said that tokens couldn’t be staked til vested. Most likely just read it wrong. Thanks

No issues with this. It means they will eventually get dividends on their locked tokens. That’s not an issue as it has no effect on the amount distributed. The same calculation is used for each staker, regardless of how many people stake their tokens.

1 Like

Exactly, the staking rewards are calculated on a per token basis so if its not your tokens, it will not impact your personal bottom line. Also they likely wont be selling any tokens until the platform is matured which wont be until 2-3 years at the earliest.

1 Like

There is no issue at all. It’s pretty common to have a legal vesting period rather a smart contract based lock. And it is only fair that they can get their dividends. I merely pointed out what was said by Ethan because several people understood it the wrong way and the discussion was being steered into a misunderstanding.

Citando Njb nex@discoursemail.com: